Which CNHL LiPo for a Typhon 3s?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pug

Very Active Member
Hospitality Award
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Typhon 3s
Which CNHL LiPo should I get for my Typhon 3s? I can solder on an IC5 connector no problem. I also want it to be a hard case since I don’t trust soft case LiPos for bashing. I was thinking either 6600mah 120c or 5600mah 120c, are they good for my application? And, any other ideas?

Which CNHL LiPo should I get for my Typhon 3s? I can solder on an IC5 connector no problem. I also want it to be a hard case since I don’t trust soft case LiPos for bashing. I was thinking either 6600mah 120c or 5600mah 120c, are they good for my application? And, any other ideas?
Either should be fine. Only difference is just a little more run time with more mah.

Soft case LiPos are fine as long as they are secured well. Think about it. How many 6s and 8s basher use hard case LiPos?

Soft case LiPos are fine as long as they are secured well. Think about it. How many 6s and 8s basher use hard case LiPos?
Pretty simple. Honestly as a newb still I never have thought about it that way. That helps a bunch actually. Ive always looked at hard case. Just seems safer. But if those lipos blow they just blow huh?

Ill let @Spoc85 fill u in on soft packs!! 🤣🤣

3311A92C-C6B3-4C2B-94BA-527EE557C15A.jpeg

Pretty simple. Honestly as a newb still I never have thought about it that way. That helps a bunch actually. Ive always looked at hard case. Just seems safer. But if those lipos blow they just blow huh?
Exactly. If they blow, they blow. At least with a soft case you can tell if the LiPo is goin bad a bit easier without having to open up the hard case. Like when they start to swell. A lot easier to see with a soft LiPo.

Exactly. If they blow, they blow. At least with a soft case you can tell if the LiPo is goin bad a bit easier without having to open up the hard case. Like when they start to swell. A lot easier to see with a soft LiPo.
Good looking out. Im not worried as much with my driving anyway now that I know more. Im no big send guy anyway.

I have never had a LiPo get ejected out of my Typhon, after seeing everyone’s comments, I will probably buy a Liperior or CNHL soft case LiPo.

Do not use anything smaller than 50c
There is no true 50c LiPo out there, over on RCTalk, it was proven that there are no LiPos over 35c. Here is the thread. I’ll probably get this since it has a true C rating of 31C.

There is no true 50c LiPo out there, over on RCTalk, it was proven that there are no LiPos over 35c. Here is the thread.
Yea im not buying it.. I know c ratings are a bit off, but u surely don't think a 45c rated lipo performs the same as a 120c rated lipo.. Do u!? Idk maybe im wrong!?🤥

Yea im not buying it.. I know c ratings are a bit off, but u surely don't think a 45c rated lipo performs the same as a 120c rated lipo.. Do u!? Idk maybe im wrong!?🤥
I’ll get this one once it comes back in stock. It says 75c, true C is 31.

6600mAh is a little larger than I would use. It will add a significant amount of weight to the truck and possibly unbalance it. 5000 or 5600mAh will be close to optimal compromise between weight and runtime.

As for soft case v hard case, I almost immediately damaged a well secured soft pack in my Kraton with a hard nose dive landing. The force was sufficient to crush it longitudinally and it was hard to tell if the cells were compromised. I don't trust them, but your mileage may vary.

Many landings like this using soft packs……..never had an issue, even with the battery leaving the car.
You do run the risk of LiPo’s blowing when you disable LVC though…….do that at your own risk.

1152637A-C3E1-4280-B016-6D5EC7A0C8BC.jpeg

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back