Which CNHL LiPo for a Typhon 3s?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That lipo looks like the ticket for sure. (y)The main power lead looks like like it won't interfere with fitment. Many like CNHL these days. Just got 2 CNHL 4s Race packs (hard case) for my TLRT. $39. each. AMZ freeship.120c/5600mah. The fit was the best of any Lipo I ever had for a 6s lipo tray. The cell voltage, cell balance, and IR's were spot on for each of them. I just had to solder on my own XT90's. It had T-Plugs, and probably why they had this low price point.(y) I usually do this anyway. I don't care about what connectors come with lipos. The best selection and best prices are achieved in this way. Sometimes I get lucky and find a deal with an XT90 at a great price. But the wrong connector by itself is never a deal breaker when I shop lipos. Fit and specs matter the most. Connectors are just connectors. I know many don't/can't solder. But if you can, this is the best way to shop for lipos.:cool:.
I was going to get this one, but they probably won’t restock for a while. The G Plus seems good, I can print spacers/bumpers out of TPU if I need to. Also, how is the G Plus heavier than the Racing series? And Amazon has the same G Plus for $46 with free shipping, should I go with Amazon? Thanks for the help!

Last edited:
Ok, so Amazon has a pack of two 6600mah 3s hardcase LiPos for $66 and free shipping, should I go for that or buy a single one off of CNHL? I could also wait for CNHL to restock the 5600mah LiPos.

I just ordered the CNHL 3s 6600mah hardcase directly from their website, it’s actually lighter than the soft case I found. Thanks for the help everyone!

The first thing you should worry about is that the battery in your pictures is underrated. Manual says use a battery with a minimum of 35C rating.
You know that c rating is overinflated by everyone and that even some premium batteries are under 30c, and most cheap batteries are under 20c

You know that c rating is overinflated by everyone and that even some premium batteries are under 30c, and most cheap batteries are under 20c
Of course I know that. Been in the RC hobby for 25 years. Just stated what the manual says. Take it however you want.

Of course I know that. Been in the RC hobby for 25 years. Just stated what the manual says. Take it however you want.
That's fine. A lot of people believe manufacturer specs but they're claims are ridiculous. I am sure that all budget packs perform much worst than Traxxas 25c packs, including cheaper gensacearespammers packs but they claim between 50 and 120c ( I don't think Traxxas are anything special, just average)

My old Povway 3s 5200mah worked fine in my Typhon for almost a year, its true C rating is about 15c.

My old Povway 3s 5200mah worked fine in my Typhon for almost a year, its true C rating is about 15c.
Some cheap packs work very well in non power hungry builds. I have 7 years old gforce batteriesfrom value hobby, didn't use them since last year, but maybe the are still ok. Last year we were using couple different packs in my friends small boat, maybe like 26 inches. Protek lihv shorty puffed, but it had a good punch. Gforce shorty was ice cold after the run. It seems that high price is not allways 100% guarantee that pack will perform good. And unless you really stress test batteries in an controlled environment, can't really tell how good or bad is it, unless is super high demanding application like speed runs, boats or edf jets

I have the Cnhl 3S 100C 6600mAh and the 3S 120C 8000mAh ones, and like them so far. (But these are also the only ones I have been using).
I picked up the 8000mAh ones for 20 USD in the black Friday sale, they are now back to 60 USD. They sometimes have very big discounts.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back