Which company will make an aftermart top brace for the V4?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bicketybam

Back from vacation!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Kraton 4s
  7. Mojave
  8. Notorious
  9. Talion
  10. Typhon 6s
Who do you think, if anyone, will make the first aftermarket top brace for the new V4 truck? It won't be hard to do and all they need to do is make it thicker or square. Huge opportunity here.
20190418_200433.jpg

Should it have alloy rod ends? Thoughts?

I think it would be nice to have a lower priced option for stiffening up the chassis. Option A would be the Cadillac - the M2C racing chassis. Option B could be a stronger brace for around $50 if done right.

I'm sure Tbone is gonna make one if their v3 ones don't already fit.
They are releasing a talion v3 one soon according to their site.

I'm sure Tbone is gonna make one if their v3 ones don't already fit.
They are releasing a talion v3 one soon according to their site.
Is there existing one alloy or plastic?

Is there existing one alloy or plastic?
I have the T-bone one for my V3 Kraton and it's beefy. Definitely way less prone to bending than aluminum. I've yet to bend my chassis with it, even after multiple high speed cartwheels, crashes and nose dives.

Who do you think, if anyone, will make the first aftermarket top brace for the new V4 truck? It won't be hard to do and all they need to do is make it thicker or square. Huge opportunity here.
View attachment 35841

Should it have alloy rod ends? Thoughts?
Easiest solution I see is a hybrid of the Arrma mount and the way TP Parts Extreme makes his t2t braces. Square tube with threaded rod through the middle, put washers on the end of the square tube then tighten the rod ends down on the threaded rod from each end.

I have the T-Bone brace as well. It is very beefy. My only complaint is the screws it comes with are complete trash and strip very easily and I use MIP drivers. Also, you have to take it off if you want to work on anything underneath of it (hence screws stripping), if you have the T-Bone bumper it takes even longer because of the way it mounts to the shock towers. Oh, and you’ll have about a 2.5 week wait from order date to your doorstep. However, Kraton chassis is still straight as an arrow.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    272.3 KB · Views: 37
Is the V4 stock one solid or a tube with threaded inserts in the end?

Either way, it's not very thick.

What do the ball ends look like? Are they extra big/beefy or are they just like the turnbuckle ends on the upper part for the rear arms? Would have to assume they would stretch over time as well regardless unless they are alloy.

Would probably be pretty easy with the V4 to get some decent sized CF tube with alloy inserts cemented in, then it would still flex a bit, but not stay bent.

I'm very interested to see how the Tbone guys make the V3 talion brace that's coming. It has such a low profile body compared to the Kraton and the MTs.

Is the stock tube brace hollow?
Are the threaded ends just screwed in or is it a rod that threads all the way through?
I'm just trying to understand how it was built and then think if there's a way to mod it.
The way it attaches might be its greatest flaw at the end of the day

Is the stock tube brace hollow?
Are the threaded ends just screwed in or is it a rod that threads all the way through?
I'm just trying to understand how it was built and then think if there's a way to mod it.
The way it attaches might be its greatest flaw at the end of the day
I don't believe it's hollow. It was pretty hard to bend.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back