Infraction Which compound GRP's for Infraction bashing..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BashingBrian

#ArrmaAddict #RCwhore
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Mojave EXB
  3. Outcast 8s
  4. Outcast EXB
  5. Talion EXB
  6. Typhon 6s
As the title says...

I'm looking to get some GRP tires the T01 Revo and T02 Slicks, my question is...??

What would be a good compound to use..?? wear vs grip, I'm not going to be using them for speed runs just normal bashing..!!

My reason for getting them is they are much cheaper than the Hoons..? I've seen too many vids now of people killing the Hoons in only two runs..??

I'm in the UK so it's not as hot here as what you guys in the States get..?

You can also try a set of "Louise GT" tires.. Either the GT-shiv or GT-tarmac..

Are belted.. Medium compound..
I paid 21€ per set of two

20190614_130205_HDR.jpg

20190614_130055_HDR.jpg

If you want longest life, obviously you go S7. I think the T02 Slicks will last the longest due to no treads being cut out of them. They should have more rubber and less chance of a chunk coming out like a treaded tire would.

I've ran the S5 compound for speed runs. They hook up great once warmed up. Super sticky! The S7's might be a better bashing option though. I run BSR foams now for speed runs and drag. Just don't fully trust the GRP's at speed! I've had too many blowouts in my day! :ROFLMAO:

I've ran the S5 compound for speed runs. They hook up great once warmed up. Super sticky! The S7's might be a better bashing option though. I run BSR foams now for speed runs and drag. Just don't fully trust the GRP's at speed! I've had too many blowouts in my day! :ROFLMAO:
Which BSRs are you using? Was about to pull the trigger on a set but too many to choose from. I was looking at the 35 Shore black wheel set.

Which BSRs are you using? Was about to pull the trigger on a set but too many to choose from. I was looking at the 35 Shore black wheel set.
I'm using 25 shore b/c that's what my LHS had but they work well. The 35 shore will work fine too!

I use these el cheapos for bashing.. £21 posted for a set of 4 rims, tyres and inserts.... cheaper again on BG if you can wait.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/180083-1...s-Black-x-4-/362698842988?txnId=1042380583023

Pros- Really good value imo, perfectly fine for bashing. Medium 'ish' compound, so you should get around 6-7 full Lipo runs of hard punishment on dry tarmac before they turn into complete slicks.
Oh.. and they squeal!

Cons- The wheels are a bit more flexible on the inside rims than the stock Arrma ones but it doesn't seem to harm performance. The inserts are just basic foam strip jobies, I taped them on both sides with HD cross fibreglass strand reinforced parcel tape which packed them out a bit and I got much better tyre support from doing that... it made the grip more progressive which improved the handling.

Defo worth trying. Mine are slicks now but look to have a few runs left in them and I'm pleased enough with them that I'll defo be buying more.

Last edited:
For 4 wheels, tyres and inserts and posted from the UK? I thought that was pretty cheap... so wouldnt mind knowing where you get a better deal?
Pulling this thread from the dead but could you tell me what wheels these are? The eBay link no longer works

You use them on an infraction?

Sorry.. thought I was on a different thread..

Scrub that, I was using these for offroad but I also had cut slicks.. for my Typhon.

I'll try and find them..

Last edited:
You can also try a set of "Louise GT" tires.. Either the GT-shiv or GT-tarmac..

Are belted.. Medium compound..
I paid 21€ per set of two

View attachment 44623

View attachment 44624
I was looking at these right from Louise website they offer shipping to Europe for orders over 100€ what compound do you recommend? I hope they last more than the hoons...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back