Which discharger do you like guys?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ActionJackson

Reaction score
The RC’s are best option obviously haha.. but sometimes timing doesn’t work out.

My little handheld LiPo checker discharges at such a slow rate it’ll take all day to discharge a full battery to storage charge.
YoungRC RC 3in1 Digital Lipo... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07H317WKC?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Anyone have any recommendations for a faster discharge option where you can select discharge/storage voltage, and maybe even discharge rates for 1 or 2 channels in parallel?

Thanks!

My brother has an ISDT Q8 charger which has a DC Output option, you can basically power anything within 1-34v output.
We've used it to power the diesel heater in my shed, or simply power a couple automotive bulbs at ~100w a piece.

1678638754982.png

1678638858986.png

Put RC up on blocks with wheels off ground. Tape trigger on tx wfo. Turn on tx and rx. Return in 15 minutes. Never worry about discharging again! I've done this.
Man, that's just unnecessary wear on the rig. I mean, I guess that would work, but I wouldn't stress my rigs that way. 🤷‍♂️

I use one of the ones linked above.

If you have emergency needs for small power, get a solar chargeable battery. I discharge into them, costly discharger but not it's main use.

Example only;y, don't have this one. Do your research if you take this route.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08QCHJ4T5

I'll second the ISDT FD-200 shown above. Has worked great for me discharging 2s-6s batteries. I use the app and adjust settings to my preference. Paired it with a P30 charger, pretty awesome combo for me atleast.

I use one of the ones linked above.

If you have emergency needs for small power, get a solar chargeable battery. I discharge into them, costly discharger but not it's main use.

Example only;y, don't have this one. Do your research if you take this route.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08QCHJ4T5
Completely forgot to mention I do this, I have a decently sized 5kwh LiFe setup which I charge with excess lipo power. Feels a lot better than simply wasting it on a discharge cycle.

I'll second the ISDT FD-200 shown above. Has worked great for me discharging 2s-6s batteries. I use the app and adjust settings to my preference. Paired it with a P30 charger, pretty awesome combo for me atleast.
I’ll third the FD200. A couple of times I have charged up and then something came up and I can’t go out and play, or I break something within the first 5 mins and have to go home. I’ll use a balance board to discharge all my batts at once. Doesn’t take long at all. I think it’ll do 25 amps up to 6s

I’ll third the FD200. A couple of times I have charged up and then something came up and I can’t go out and play, or I break something within the first 5 mins and have to go home. I’ll use a balance board to discharge all my batts at once. Doesn’t take long at all. I think it’ll do 25 amps up to 6s

Just to manage expectations, 200W of discharge, at 6S, is about 8A. It could only hit 25A at lower cell counts, like 2S.

My iCharger 308Duo allows discharging from one channel onto a resistive load on the other channel. Like light bulbs, for instance. I modified a cheap hair dryer to act as the load, I can put 500W+ (I think more like 700W) into the hair dryer, whose fan keeps the hair dryer from overheating.

+1 on the skyrc discharger.

I didnt want to need another app on my phone for some other options that don't have a physical interface. This one you set the dial and big 4s packs go to storage within 10 mins or less. No need to put that extra wear on the charger.

1678805977099.png

I use one of these along with a parallel charging board & a few 5s/63 Balance wire extensions to discharge multiple batteries (same nominal voltage) at once.

US $22.25 (150w option)
AOKoda 2s-6s Lipo/Li-Fe Battery Balancer Charger/Voltage Indicator/Battery Discharger 5W/150W
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mrEGHXY

Got the idea from this vid & it appealed to me as a tinkerer.

Works really well. Although I do need to extend the wire between the blue box & the black box for managing space.

It's a good timer for me to pack up & stop fiddling with the RCs when it finishes discharging.... AKA when the nightlights go off 😂

Also a soda can inverted & cut with an a hole to cover the halogen bulbs, allows me to use the can as an oil warmer. I may paint the outside of the can with high temperature paint at some point...

ae_1677829713635.jpg

16797672957472204216993624198951.jpg

16797673910345086697603003646588.jpg

P. S. To the original poster...

Add this to the device you have to upgrade to 150w discharge rate.

US $16.99 | AOKoda CellMeter 8 Multifunctional LED Display 150W Discharge Module Battery Tester AOKoda RC Multicopter Discharger Set
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mtekrD4

Long post edit & quotes not working well from my phone... 🤦🏾‍♂️

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back