Which Dremel to buy?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really like the 8220. I've had that for a few years now and gave away my old corded one to a fellow basher. I'll never use a corded one again. If you do a ton of grinding, corded is the way to go, but for 5-10 minute jobs, the 12V max is really convenient.

I have the 4200 and it has been awesome but I use the pencil grinder (or whatever it’s called) for RC stuff. BUT, if I were to buy one specifically for the bench then I would go with that Ryobi that was posted earlier because the Dremel must be suspended to use the attachment. You can see it in this pic.

Although, another benefit of a Dremel branded rotary are the ridiculously abundant attachments like the drill press.
778A40C7-C3CB-42FA-A1EB-B7D06FF588B0.jpeg

I really like the 8220. I've had that for a few years now and gave away my old corded one to a fellow basher. I'll never use a corded one again. If you do a ton of grinding, corded is the way to go, but for 5-10 minute jobs, the 12V max is really convenient.
For the same price of the 3000 corded I could get this cordless. May be a little more practical for what I need it to do.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Dremel-...tation-and-18-Accessories-8050-N-18/206314578

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back