Senton Which Dusty Motors Cover for Senton 3S?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zuber

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Is anyone running a Dusty Motors cover on their truck? Trying to figure out which one to order.

Thanks!

I don't have one but this is the best I could find for you.

I do have this one and I can tell you despite the description it doesn't seem specifically designed for the 3s. I bought this (from eurorc as well) a few months ago for mine and whilst it's not impossible to make it work, i do wish i'd just made one :p
1579571659890.png

I grabbed a "Universal M+" for my Granite, and it is just a shade short for the LWB chassis. Maybe 1 size up from there would be a perfect fit. Just watch your temps with these, they starve your electronics of air flow.

I bought the one for a traxxas slash?
Not a 100% fit but does the job

Attachments

• 15795754480604348729999086110217.jpg
    15795754480604348729999086110217.jpg
    331.1 KB · Views: 76
  • 1579575478999126246044932514369.jpg
    1579575478999126246044932514369.jpg
    257.1 KB · Views: 77
I grabbed a "Universal M+" for my Granite, and it is just a shade short for the LWB chassis. Maybe 1 size up from there would be a perfect fit. Just watch your temps with these, they starve your electronics of air flow.
Could you just let the back portion stay open then for airflow? Seems that most debris comes from the front wheels? I could be wrong tho as I don’t really run in grass or mud often.

Could you just let the back portion stay open then for airflow? Seems that most debris comes from the front wheels? I could be wrong tho as I don’t really run in grass or mud often.
It works just fine for keeping debris out, but leaving the back open doesn't seem to help much with airflow. The thermal issues bugged me enough to stop using it in the summer and only run with it for snow. I'm learning that these trucks are really resilient and handle most debris with ease. But the rocks by the steering servo... Pretty obnoxious. I've considered cutting a hole in the chassis there too to let the rocks out instead of trying to block em from getting in. I get as far as the idea, and then decide I'm over thinking it and should just go run out another pack.

It works just fine for keeping debris out, but leaving the back open doesn't seem to help much with airflow. The thermal issues bugged me enough to stop using it in the summer and only run with it for snow. I'm learning that these trucks are really resilient and handle most debris with ease. But the rocks by the steering servo... Pretty obnoxious. I've considered cutting a hole in the chassis there too to let the rocks out instead of trying to block em from getting in. I get as far as the idea, and then decide I'm over thinking it and should just go run out another pack.
Yep I avoid gravel these days. I don’t like running in snow either. I have a Dusty cover but never installed it. ??‍♂️?

I'm struggling with this decision as well. I want one to keep all the small rocks out ( also getting tired of rocks into the steering linkage ). I was also surprised to see all the small rocks getting into every small crevice, making service of the parts more difficult because they act like little wedges locking the plastic housings into place.

I've kicked around the idea of using some mastic tape to seal the seams and then a bit of soft foam under the steering arm to keep rocks from lodging under there. Thus the bag seems like a perfect idea. Down side is the temp issue. Vegas is hot most of the year, and I can see heat being a real issue.

Stuck on the fence.

s

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back