Which electric screwdriver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Senton 6s
Hi guys, I was wondering which electric screwdriver are you using. Been to my local hardware store, and they had a really cheap makita df001d with 80 bits. And I'm not 100%satisfied with it yet. But I've got to mention that I'm not used to use to that form.

Got an ‘02 royobi 12v screwgun that I use for rc. It’s put up my fence two or 3 times, and built my edition.

I think if you're getting used to the form it's pretty nice to work with, right? And u can carry it in the back pocket.

Yep, its nice to work with for sure, probably too long for a back pocket but would be nice in a side holster. Mine just sits on my bench.

I also have a 18v DeWalt with 3 impact strength settings for heavier work but the Makita is the goto driver for RC.

I suspect not many people use impact drivers for RC because the think they will be far too brutal but with variable impact control they can work really well.

The one in this video is the one I use with MIP drivers.

https://www.amazon.com/Metabo-HPT-D...ries/dp/B07L78Y72J?ref_=ast_sto_dp&th=1&psc=1

Mine is the Hitachi before they merged / changed to Metabo. Same tool, same warranty etc. Excellent clutch.

1575934663985.png

Last edited:
I like my milwaukee M12 screwdriver. I use the clutch a lot when using it for RC stuff. At it's second to softest setting, I can screw in 2mm screws at full speed into plastic and it will slip the clutch instead of stripping unless the screw isn't super short. On short screws, I'm more careful.
https://www.milwaukeetool.com/Products/Power-Tools/Fastening/2401-22

I also have the M12 2 speed 3/8" drill and M12 mini saws all. If/when my dremel 12V lithium dies, I'll likely try the Milwaukee M12 version so I don't have to keep multiple types of batteries/chargers around.

I have at least 50% of the M12 line in my work van but prefer an inline driver for RC work and Milwaukee doesn’t make an M12 inline driver. I had to resort to the dark side (DeWALT). It’s like the Traxxass of tools ??

I have at least 50% of the M12 line in my work van but prefer an inline driver for RC work and Milwaukee doesn’t make an M12 inline driver. I had to resort to the dark side (DeWALT). It’s like the Traxxass of tools ??
I had the dewalt straight one before and with my arhritic hands, it fatigued me faster. Kind of wish they made a dremel that was like a gun, although, that may be a bit unwieldy to handle at speed.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back