Which electric screwdriver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had the dewalt straight one before and with my arhritic hands, it fatigued me faster. Kind of wish they made a dremel that was like a gun, although, that may be a bit unwieldy to handle at speed.
Did you have the gyro one? Not sure how it would be harder to use. You can switch it from straight to handled in a second too if you need more leverage.

Did you have the gyro one? Not sure how it would be harder to use. You can switch it from straight to handled in a second too if you need more leverage.
It was an old nicad straight one. I don't think it twisted into a gun type. Was my first "better" screwdriver vs the really cheap 4.8V built in battery ones. Pre-lithium.

It was an old nicad straight one. I don't think it twisted into a gun type. Was my first "better" screwdriver vs the really cheap 4.8V built in battery ones. Pre-lithium.
I see. The reason why I asked was because this DeWALT is pretty flawless IMO. That’s saying a lot from a guy who has many thousands of dollars of Milwaukee gear, including clothing. ???

I always finish tightening the screws by hand so I have no need for a clutch.
Me too, but its not just at the end of the thread that a clutch is needed. If you start cross threading a screw without a clutch, your screwed ????‍♂️?‍♂️ sorry for the bad pun ???

A good clutch will prevent having to change tools.
Six and half dozen.
The only way I can explain it is I like to know how tight my screws are, and with a drill you just kind of have to hope that you have it right. I don't use power tools when working on my regular car either, everything is done by hand, thank god I don't have to work on that everyday lol.

Me too, but its not just at the end of the thread that a clutch is needed. If you start cross threading a screw without a clutch, your screwed ????‍♂️?‍♂️ sorry for the bad pun ???
I just always start with my fingers, then use the power tool and finish by hand. Still faster and easier than doing a bunch of 16 or 20mm screws.

Thanks for all the recommendations for the screw drivers. Can anyone suggest where to get good 1/4 hex metric bits ?

Thanks for all the recommendations for the screw drivers. Can anyone suggest where to get good 1/4 hex metric bits ?
MIPS
EDS
Wiha
Bondhaus

15760839157514264806156351327616.jpg

Stops turning when desired torque has been reached. Love that thing

I have one of these little Ryobi that stays in my pit box and it’s works great for the price.
Ryobi QuickTurn
It has forward/reverse and 2 speed gearbox. No clutch but it’s only 4v so it’s less likely to strip anything so it requires a little diligence.

I faced this same issue not all that long ago.
Any thread on any forum suggests the dewalts, and hitachis, and milwaukies, and even the rc specific ones lime muchmore.
I looked at these and they are all a lot of money. I wanted to put thst money into parts and lipos, and wanted quality bits too.

I ended up getting MIP bits and this driver......
DEKO cordless driver kit
Its been awesome.
Has a clutch that works great with many settings with the loosest setting not even able to screw in screws.

I don't use it on new builds or threading screws the first time, but taking out screws and repairs its used a lot.

Im not a brand snob, lol

I have read just month ago tons of forums trying to find the best electric screwdriver. So far, DeWalt Dcf680n2 was the best to go. Just finished rebuilding my Kraton 6s with it - that thing is just fantastic. Compact, fast, power is enough to screw/unscrew anything before you will break it. Gyro makes the process even more easy and smooth. Love it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back