Kraton Which front bumper?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cburns74

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I cannot find a stock Kraton front bumper anywhere! I also cannot find a gearbox anywhere but that’s beside the point. Does anyone know if the RPM bumper replaces the stock one? Who likes the TBone? Are there any other options out there?
Thanks all!

I went with the RPM front bumper. If you cut the ends of the stock bumper it fits right over it. Plus it has a built in skid plate.
20180517_143201.jpg

I went with the RPM front bumper. If you cut the ends of the stock bumper it fits right over it. Plus it has a built in skid plate.View attachment 18678
I wish I could use the stock one...my buddy drove is straight on into his pickup tire...broke the bumper bent the shocks and ripped the gear box in two...need a bumper that will hold the a arm pins in as well!!! Thanks for the pic your rig looks sweet

I've ended up using the t-bone racing one, because the others kept bending the screws that hold them on at the hinge pin brace. The rpm one may not be like that, but I don't know. I had the screws on my t-bone racing front bumper back out the other day and I lost one, they are a little too short to go through the brace block and info the diff housing, I used longer screws after that and it's solid as a rock.

View attachment 18684 RPM bumper plus part# AR330230 for the filler piece that holds the lower pins in place
Looks like you're car brand spanking new, well done for keeping it so clean.

How does the bumper hold up in a heavy frontal impact, I think it looks good that it isn't relying on the diff screws for the main strength like the Outcast bumper does. The t-bone racing bumper has a brace also. I'll see how it goes long term, but so far I'm very impressed.

Last edited:
I've lawn darted it at least half a dozen times off big jumps and was shocked that it took the impacts with zero damage.
One of the hits was so bad I walked over to it fully expecting to find broken parts....but to my surprise....nothing. I'm very impressed with how it holding up.

And yes, I'm a bit OCD when it comes to cleaning and maintaining my toys. Full and complete tear downs for inspection, cleaning, and reassembly after every 10 packs.

Attachments

• IMG_6574.JPG
    IMG_6574.JPG
    336.5 KB · Views: 159
I've lawn darted it at least half a dozen times off big jumps and was shocked that it took the impacts with zero damage.
One of the hits was so bad I walked over to it fully expecting to find broken parts....but to my surprise....nothing. I'm very impressed with how it holding up.

And yes, I'm a bit OCD when it comes to cleaning and maintaining my toys. Full and complete tear downs for inspection, cleaning, and reassembly after every 10 packs.
All I can say is WOW!!!

I cannot find a stock Kraton front bumper anywhere! I also cannot find a gearbox anywhere but that’s beside the point. Does anyone know if the RPM bumper replaces the stock one? Who likes the TBone? Are there any other options out there?
Thanks all!

I put the tbone thrasher front bumper on my kraton and even though I had problems with tbone they make great quality and strong parts plus looks bad af
20180327_051657.jpg

I wish I could use the stock one...my buddy drove is straight on into his pickup tire...broke the bumper bent the shocks and ripped the gear box in two...need a bumper that will hold the a arm pins in as well!!! Thanks for the pic your rig looks sweet

I am running a Tbone Racing front bumper on my Outcast. Great product. RPM makes great stuff as well and I own 3 Traxxas RCs which all have RPM front bumpers on them.

I too have the a arm pin issue presently:

The only solution I see right now is to get the Voltage Racing Front Front Lower Suspension Mount:

https://www.voltagehobbies.com/stor..._Kraton,_Talion,_Typhon,_Senton,_Outcast.html

From corresponding with Greg at GKA he is planning to develop a Front Front Lower Hanger/Mount as well.

And the new version tbone bumper for the kraton does away with the factory bumper so there is no need for it I actually put it on my outcast to retain the hinge pins when I finally got it. First pic is the new block design from tbone kn the kraton second pic is the kraton bumper in place of the keystock on the outcast between the tbone bumper
20180326_151322.jpg
20180325_092257.jpg

I'm the same way super OCD with keeping them clean glad to c others the same way. Full tare down and Inspection after every session. I know I'm a little extreme with the tare downs because I do it everytime I take them out but that's my OCD.
20180219_074806.jpg

That's
I am running a Tbone Racing front bumper on my Outcast. Great product. RPM makes great stuff as well and I own 3 Traxxas RCs which all have RPM front bumpers on them.

I too have the a arm pin issue presently:

The only solution I see right now is to get the Voltage Racing Front Front Lower Suspension Mount:

https://www.voltagehobbies.com/store/p32/Voltage_Hobbies_FF_(Front-Front)_Lower_Suspension_Mount_for_ARRMA_Kraton,_Talion,_Typhon,_Senton,_Outcast.html

From corresponding with Greg at GKA he is planning to develop a Front Front Lower Hanger/Mount as well.
That's good news, I just bought all the parts i could from GKA. Now thanks to Greg and Kenny my Kraton is going to be pretty bullet proof, I hope.

RPM and TBone Racing are both good options for a front bumper. Although I had a lot of problems with TBR, and let's leave it at that, because I do not want to say bad things about them, I must say, they do make durable parts. They have 2 new bumpers (Thrasher & XV4) available for the V3 Kraton and include a hinge holder block, so no modifications required. However, these TBR bumpers are definitely heavier than RPM's bumper.
https://tboneracing.net/collections...asher-front-bumper-arrma-kraton-6s-v2-v3-2018
https://tboneracing.net/collections...4-2-0-front-bumper-arrma-kraton-6s-v2-v3-2018

If you have the Talion, it still uses the old style stock Arrma front bumper (hardly a bumper though) which holds the lower hinge pins in, so RPM bumper fits right over it, and no modifications required. If you have the new V3 Kraton, it has Arrma's new stock front bumper and the RPM bumper does not fit over this. If you want to use the RPM bumper on the V3 Kraton, you need the V1-V2 Kraton or V1-V3 Talion stock bumper to hold in the hinge pins in place. This stock bumper/hinge pin holder only comes in the Composite Ball Set AR330230. However, this also includes extra body mounts, turnbuckle & sway bars ends, etc
STOCK ARRMA BUMPER/HINGE PIN HOLDER:
https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/AR330230

RPM FRONT BUMPER:
https://www.amainhobbies.com/rpm-arrma-kraton-durango-dex8t-front-bumper-skid-plate-rpm81472/p607206

I am using TBR's lightest and smallest front bumper available, the TBR Typhon bumper on my V3 Talion (weighs 39g). This requires no modifications to fit the V3 Talion:
https://tboneracing.net/collections/typhon/products/10007-tbr-1-8-basher-front-arrma-typhon-6s

I do recommend the RPM rear skid plate for more underside chassis protection (weighs only 11g) :
RPM REAR SKID PLATE:
https://www.amainhobbies.com/rpm-arrma-kraton-durango-dex8t-rear-skid-plate-rpm81442/p612294

RPM and TBone Racing are both good options for a front bumper. Although I had a lot of problems with TBR, and let's leave it at that, because I do not want to say bad things about them, I must say, they do make durable parts. They have 2 new bumpers (Thrasher & XV4) available for the V3 Kraton and include a hinge holder block, so no modifications required. However, these TBR bumpers are definitely heavier than RPM's bumper.
https://tboneracing.net/collections...asher-front-bumper-arrma-kraton-6s-v2-v3-2018
https://tboneracing.net/collections...4-2-0-front-bumper-arrma-kraton-6s-v2-v3-2018

If you have the Talion, it still uses the old style stock Arrma front bumper (hardly a bumper though) which holds the lower hinge pins in, so RPM bumper fits right over it, and no modifications required. If you have the new V3 Kraton, it has Arrma's new stock front bumper and the RPM bumper does not fit over this. If you want to use the RPM bumper on the V3 Kraton, you need the V1-V2 Kraton or V1-V3 Talion stock bumper to hold in the hinge pins in place. This stock bumper/hinge pin holder only comes in the Composite Ball Set AR330230. However, this also includes extra body mounts, turnbuckle & sway bars ends, etc
STOCK ARRMA BUMPER/HINGE PIN HOLDER:
https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/AR330230

RPM FRONT BUMPER:
https://www.amainhobbies.com/rpm-arrma-kraton-durango-dex8t-front-bumper-skid-plate-rpm81472/p607206

I am using TBR's lightest and smallest front bumper available, the TBR Typhon bumper on my V3 Talion (weighs 39g). This requires no modifications to fit the V3 Talion:
https://tboneracing.net/collections/typhon/products/10007-tbr-1-8-basher-front-arrma-typhon-6s

I do recommend the RPM rear skid plate for more underside chassis protection (weighs only 11g) :
RPM REAR SKID PLATE:
https://www.amainhobbies.com/rpm-arrma-kraton-durango-dex8t-rear-skid-plate-rpm81442/p612294
Sounds like you've done a lot of work sorting this out, are you a racer? I love the look and idea of the Talion, but I think I'd like to pick up a Typhon as a second car. Do you own a few Arrma vehicles?

Sounds like you've done a lot of work sorting this out, are you a racer? I love the look and idea of the Talion, but I think I'd like to pick up a Typhon as a second car. Do you own a few Arrma vehicles?
No, I'm not a racer. I'm just picky & like to do a lot of research, as I will 2nd guess myself, if I don't. If I was only racing, I would not even add a bumper, due to the extra weight. I only like to upgrade what I think will make a difference (durability, protect), but always keep in mind any weight added, as any extra weight is a big negative to me, even if not racing.

I have 2 Arrma's; the V3 Talion and V3 Kraton, as I am a huge fan of truggies. A truggy, is like a stretched out version of a race buggy on steroids. As you know, the Kraton is a great basher, sort of like a mix between a MT & a race truggy (the best of both worlds). The Kraton is hard to beat as a do everything RC, and I think it is not only Arrma's best RC, it is the best RTR basher available, period.

The new Low Profile V3 Talion looks amazing too me and is Arrma's fastest RC available at 70mph out of the box. The Talion can be a crazy low to the ground road speed truggy, or a great offroad basher also, especially if you add the Kraton hubs/axles to the Talion, so you can safely run bigger tires like the Backflips. The Typhon even if try to run larger tires, it has too short of of wheelbase and suspension arms. Furthermore, the Talion can be easily adjusted just as low as the Typhon, and with the longer wheelbase, it should handle 6S power better. Also the Typhon battery try height really limits the choice of batteries, and not sure if tray even fits a 6S Lipo? To me, the V3 Kraton and V3 Talion do everything I need. However, if Arrma comes up with a new MT, or XL Kraton, who knows, always room for another...

DISCLAIMER: These comments are solely the opinion of RCROD and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the forum, ha, ha LOL

No, I'm not a racer. I'm just picky & like to do a lot of research, as I will 2nd guess myself, if I don't. If I was only racing, I would not even add a bumper, due to the extra weight. I only like to upgrade what I think will make a difference (durability, protect), but always keep in mind any weight added, as any extra weight is a big negative to me, even if not racing.

I have 2 Arrma's; the V3 Talion and V3 Kraton, as I am a huge fan of truggies. A truggy, is like a stretched out version of a race buggy on steroids. As you know, the Kraton is a great basher, sort of like a mix between a MT & a race truggy (the best of both worlds). The Kraton is hard to beat as a do everything RC, and I think it is not only Arrma's best RC, it is the best RTR basher available, period.

The new Low Profile V3 Talion looks amazing too me and is Arrma's fastest RC available at 70mph out of the box. The Talion can be a crazy low to the ground road speed truggy, or a great offroad basher also, especially if you add the Kraton hubs/axles to the Talion, so you can safely run bigger tires like the Backflips. The Typhon even if try to run larger tires, it has too short of of wheelbase and suspension arms. Furthermore, the Talion can be easily adjusted just as low as the Typhon, and with the longer wheelbase, it should handle 6S power better. Also the Typhon battery try height really limits the choice of batteries, and not sure if tray even fits a 6S Lipo? To me, the V3 Kraton and V3 Talion do everything I need. However, if Arrma comes up with a new MT, or XL Kraton, who knows, always room for another...

DISCLAIMER: These comments are solely the opinion of RCROD and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the forum, ha, ha LOL
I'm just keen to get something that is a little different to what I've got, i think i could lower the Kraton and put road type tyres on it to make it run similar to a Talion. I'd love to have both, but I've got to be sensible. I've just about finished running in a new motor on a second-hand Losi 8ight Nitro I've just bought. It's going to be a very quick car, maybe I won't need a Typhon for now. I love the electrics because of all the pros we all know about, but there is something about the sound of a screaming motor that gets my heart racing. The Outcast wheels at high speed start to give me a similar feeling, because you start to hear that the car really is going fast.

I hope one day I'll be able to run a second Arrma as the Kraton it's definitely my favourite car and I agree with you about how good it is out of the box. The bumper isn't enough protection though if you're going to be launching the car in the air. I felt the t-bone racing bumper did protect the car best of the brands I could find. I haven't really been concerned about weight though, adding all the extra alloy does make it necessary to have more protection.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back