Kraton Which front bumper?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm just keen to get something that is a little different to what I've got, i think i could lower the Kraton and put road type tyres on it to make it run similar to a Talion. I'd love to have both, but I've got to be sensible. I've just about finished running in a new motor on a second-hand Losi 8ight Nitro I've just bought. It's going to be a very quick car, maybe I won't need a Typhon for now. I love the electrics because of all the pros we all know about, but there is something about the sound of a screaming motor that gets my heart racing. The Outcast wheels at high speed start to give me a similar feeling, because you start to hear that the car really is going fast.

I hope one day I'll be able to run a second Arrma as the Kraton it's definitely my favourite car and I agree with you about how good it is out of the box. The bumper isn't enough protection though if you're going to be launching the car in the air. I felt the t-bone racing bumper did protect the car best of the brands I could find. I haven't really been concerned about weight though, adding all the extra alloy does make it necessary to have more protection.
Yes, but the good thing about the similarities is, when buying spare parts, many of these parts will fit either the Kraton or Talion, but yet I still find there is enough difference between both of them. I bought both, as these are my 2 favourite Arrma's, & I really could not choose between them. I like that the Talion is the fastest in the stable and just looks awesome (best looking RTR truggy out there). Due to it's very noticeable lighter weight and lower profile body, low profile shocks, etc, the Kraton could never be as quick or as fast at the top end as the Talion. I also like that the Kraton is one mean basher (best RTR basher out there) & with great ground clearance & inner rollcage, etc, it is a true Monster Truggy. Although the Talion can also be a great basher (especially if put some Backflips on), it can never be quite as good as an offroad basher as the Kraton, especially due to the longer travel shocks, stronger body, etc on the Kraton. Also, it can be a lot of work to switch a Kraton back and forth from a road speed demon back to an offroad basher everytime you change terrain. Having both the Kraton & low profile V3 Talion, provides much more flexibility to do it all anywhere.

I agree, if bashing & especially if launching in the air, yes, definitely recommend a front bumper for protection. I do have the T Bone for my V3 Kraton, but had to do a lot of modifications just to get it to fit and had many problems with their customer service and delays, so just hard for me to recommend TBR. Although the TBR Thrasher bumper is heavy (& the TBR XV4 is even heavier), I do agree, it is the maybe the most durable available.

Not only is more weight harder on the vehicle electronics, it takes more power to move vehicle. Less weight means, it will be faster, handle better, brake better and battery duration will last longer. Most importantly your RC will become less durable, especially if launching RC in the air, when adding more weight. This is why I do not get huge mAh batteries and the reason I consider any extra weight added when upgrading any parts.

Having both the Talion & Kraton is a real bonus. When I go out bashing, after one battery run through either my Talion or Kraton, I then use my other Arrma for the next run. This lets me continue bashing without temps getting too high in vehicle by not running "consecutive" batteries through it. I think this can be very hard on vehicles and by letting motor, etc cool down after 1 run, I believe will help my electronics last much longer, especially when running a bigger pinion.

I like the Losi 8ight T, as this is a great truggy. Not that many years ago, electric was definitely behind nitro & I used to have aftermarket turbo plug motors running on 33% nitro, including lots of aftermarket 7075 T6 lightened aluminum parts, etc, but after trying 6S, my nitro RC's now just sit on the shelve. The advancement of electric with brushless motors and Lipo batteries has been a real game changer in my mind. My nitro pro truggy kit and other nitro RC's, now just sit on the shleve, as they cannot keep up with my 6S Arrma's. Furthermore, nitro can also be somewhat finicky, and you can spend more time tweaking, getting running, etc, than actually driving. I used to like the sound, but not as much now, maybe due to years running nitro, or maybe I'm just getting too old? The simplicity and cleanliness of electric is a huge bonus, but even better that you can run RC in most places without disturbing people as much. Although I've said it before, once you try 6S, you will never look back...

DISCLAIMER: Again these comments are solely the opinion of RCROD and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the forum LOL

I cannot find a stock Kraton front bumper anywhere! I also cannot find a gearbox anywhere but that’s beside the point. Does anyone know if the RPM bumper replaces the stock one? Who likes the TBone? Are there any other options out there?
Thanks all!

I suggest the Tbone Basher style. I really like mine and it is tough!

Yes, but the good thing about the similarities is, when buying spare parts, many of these parts will fit either the Kraton or Talion, but yet I still find there is enough difference between both of them. I bought both, as these are my 2 favourite Arrma's, & I really could not choose between them. I like that the Talion is the fastest in the stable and just looks awesome (best looking RTR truggy out there). Due to it's very noticeable lighter weight and lower profile body, low profile shocks, etc, the Kraton could never be as quick or as fast at the top end as the Talion. I also like that the Kraton is one mean basher (best RTR basher out there) & with great ground clearance & inner rollcage, etc, it is a true Monster Truggy. Although the Talion can also be a great basher (especially if put some Backflips on), it can never be quite as good as an offroad basher as the Kraton, especially due to the longer travel shocks, stronger body, etc on the Kraton. Also, it can be a lot of work to switch a Kraton back and forth from a road speed demon back to an offroad basher everytime you change terrain. Having both the Kraton & low profile V3 Talion, provides much more flexibility to do it all anywhere.

I agree, if bashing & especially if launching in the air, yes, definitely recommend a front bumper for protection. I do have the T Bone for my V3 Kraton, but had to do a lot of modifications just to get it to fit and had many problems with their customer service and delays, so just hard for me to recommend TBR. Although the TBR Thrasher bumper is heavy (& the TBR XV4 is even heavier), I do agree, it is the maybe the most durable available.

Not only is more weight harder on the vehicle electronics, it takes more power to move vehicle. Less weight means, it will be faster, handle better, brake better and battery duration will last longer. Most importantly your RC will become less durable, especially if launching RC in the air, when adding more weight. This is why I do not get huge mAh batteries and the reason I consider any extra weight added when upgrading any parts.

Having both the Talion & Kraton is a real bonus. When I go out bashing, after one battery run through either my Talion or Kraton, I then use my other Arrma for the next run. This lets me continue bashing without temps getting too high in vehicle by not running "consecutive" batteries through it. I think this can be very hard on vehicles and by letting motor, etc cool down after 1 run, I believe will help my electronics last much longer, especially when running a bigger pinion.

I like the Losi 8ight T, as this is a great truggy. Not that many years ago, electric was definitely behind nitro & I used to have aftermarket turbo plug motors running on 33% nitro, including lots of aftermarket 7075 T6 lightened aluminum parts, etc, but after trying 6S, my nitro RC's now just sit on the shelve. The advancement of electric with brushless motors and Lipo batteries has been a real game changer in my mind. My nitro pro truggy kit and other nitro RC's, now just sit on the shleve, as they cannot keep up with my 6S Arrma's. Furthermore, nitro can also be somewhat finicky, and you can spend more time tweaking, getting running, etc, than actually driving. I used to like the sound, but not as much now, maybe due to years running nitro, or maybe I'm just getting too old? The simplicity and cleanliness of electric is a huge bonus, but even better that you can run RC in most places without disturbing people as much. Although I've said it before, once you try 6S, you will never look back...

DISCLAIMER: Again these comments are solely the opinion of RCROD and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the forum LOL
I agree with all of this and thank you for your comments. I have been constantly singing the praises of the Arrma vehicles and obviously the Kraton as I own it. The reason I've been happy to go with the t-bone racing bumper is I've broken so many front screws and I assumed the rpm one was the same.

I went with the Losi as my dad just got one and i wanted something to race with him that was equal. Nitro is fun for me, but the reason I've fallen in love with RC again is because of 6s and Arrma vehicles.

I agree with all of this and thank you for your comments. I have been constantly singing the praises of the Arrma vehicles and obviously the Kraton as I own it. The reason I've been happy to go with the t-bone racing bumper is I've broken so many front screws and I assumed the rpm one was the same.

I went with the Losi as my dad just got one and i wanted something to race with him that was equal. Nitro is fun for me, but the reason I've fallen in love with RC again is because of 6s and Arrma vehicles.
My my first rc was nitro....fun but for me it was a money pit. Once I learned about electric/ lipo I got back into it 8 rc’s later still having fun especially with the ARRMA’s!

I cannot find a stock Kraton front bumper anywhere! I also cannot find a gearbox anywhere but that’s beside the point. Does anyone know if the RPM bumper replaces the stock one? Who likes the TBone? Are there any other options out there?
Thanks all!
I had a t bone (one of the old ones) on my kraton and it hung out way too far. It was like a shovel getting hung up when I flipped, and pulled the screws out of my gearbox. I eventually swapped it out for the Rpm. I have them on both my Kraton and outcast and love them. That huge tbone does work well as a rear bumper though..

So will the TBR Typhon bumper fit on a V3 Kraton?
Or is it the tbr talion front bumper i see people adding to the kraton?
I like the idea of weight savings but afterall it is a bumper on a basher and needs to work well

So will the TBR Typhon bumper fit on a V3 Kraton?
Or is it the tbr talion front bumper i see people adding to the kraton?
I like the idea of weight savings but afterall it is a bumper on a basher and needs to work well
Don't they make a Kraton bumper?

RPM and TBone Racing are both good options for a front bumper. Although I had a lot of problems with TBR, and let's leave it at that, because I do not want to say bad things about them, I must say, they do make durable parts. They have 2 new bumpers (Thrasher & XV4) available for the V3 Kraton and include a hinge holder block, so no modifications required. However, these TBR bumpers are definitely heavier than RPM's bumper.
https://tboneracing.net/collections...asher-front-bumper-arrma-kraton-6s-v2-v3-2018
https://tboneracing.net/collections...4-2-0-front-bumper-arrma-kraton-6s-v2-v3-2018

If you have the Talion, it still uses the old style stock Arrma front bumper (hardly a bumper though) which holds the lower hinge pins in, so RPM bumper fits right over it, and no modifications required. If you have the new V3 Kraton, it has Arrma's new stock front bumper and the RPM bumper does not fit over this. If you want to use the RPM bumper on the V3 Kraton, you need the V1-V2 Kraton or V1-V3 Talion stock bumper to hold in the hinge pins in place. This stock bumper/hinge pin holder only comes in the Composite Ball Set AR330230. However, this also includes extra body mounts, turnbuckle & sway bars ends, etc
STOCK ARRMA BUMPER/HINGE PIN HOLDER:
https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/AR330230

RPM FRONT BUMPER:
https://www.amainhobbies.com/rpm-arrma-kraton-durango-dex8t-front-bumper-skid-plate-rpm81472/p607206

I am using TBR's lightest and smallest front bumper available, the TBR Typhon bumper on my V3 Talion (weighs 39g). This requires no modifications to fit the V3 Talion:
https://tboneracing.net/collections/typhon/products/10007-tbr-1-8-basher-front-arrma-typhon-6s

I do recommend the RPM rear skid plate for more underside chassis protection (weighs only 11g) :
RPM REAR SKID PLATE:
https://www.amainhobbies.com/rpm-arrma-kraton-durango-dex8t-rear-skid-plate-rpm81442/p612294
Great info!
Do u know if a tbr typhon bumper will fit the kraton v3?
Also do you have any pics?
The tbr xv4 bumber looks awesome! You say it weighs alot?
Im not familiar with rc weights vs performance.
Does that weight effect wheelies or flios and to what level of difference?

And are these bumpers for just looks or do they really save the front end?
Seems like the tires would hit most things.

Last edited:
Tbone is lifetime replacement, but is rpm as well?
Yes, both Tbone & RPM basically have lifetime warranties. Here's a link to RPM's no questions asked warranty:
http://www.rpmrcproducts.com/faq/

I definitely agree, an aftermarket bumper is one of the best upgrades to do to your Arrma. It offers great front protection and even provides a lot of chassis protection underneath.

I have the TBR Thrasher bumper on my V3 Kraton & it's definitely tough, offers a lot of protection. However, it's heavy + I had to do a lot of mods for it to fit and had some problems and long delays sorting it out with TBone Racing. The TBR XV4 bumper actually looks better, but is even "heavier". If I was to do it again, I would have probably gone with the RPM front bumper on my V3 Kraton (Note: you do need to use the stock Talion bumper to use the aftermarket RPM bumper, and same if you want to use an older TBR bumper on your V3 Kraton). The small stock bumper is not really much of a bumper at all, but is really a lower hinge pin holder most of all.

The TBR Typhon bumper looks great on my V3 Talion and is quite light. I would not change this, as it this bumper I think fits my Talion perfectly and was a direct bolt-on, no problems at all (note: I have other thread with pictures and exact weights of the Typhon, Thrasher bumpers, RPM skid plates, etc).

Yes, the Typhon bumper will fit the V3 Kraton, but you will need to use the stock Talion bumper (AR330230) or can also use an older stock V1-V2 Kraton bumper (which is the same as the stock Talion bumper). Although the Typhon bumper looks great on the V3 Talion, personally I think it would be a bit small for the Kraton, mainly due to the bigger tires.

Due to the extra weight, personally, I would not use a rear bumper. However, I do use RPM rear skid plates on both my Arrma's, as they offer great underside protection when combined with an aftermarket front bumper + the RPM rear skid plates are very lightweight (again exact weights are on my other threads). If you want the weights again, I can repeat...

Yes, both Tbone & RPM basically have lifetime warranties. Here's a link to RPM's no questions asked warranty:

I definitely agree, an aftermarket bumper is one of the best upgrades to do to your Arrma. It offers great front protection and even provides a lot of chassis protection underneath.

I have the TBR Thrasher bumper on my V3 Kraton & it's definitely tough, offers a lot of protection. However, it's heavy + I had to do a lot of mods for it to fit and had some problems and long delays sorting it out with TBone Racing. The TBR XV4 bumper actually looks better, but is even "heavier". If I was to do it again, I would have probably gone with the RPM front bumper on my V3 Kraton (Note: you do need to use the stock Talion bumper to use the aftermarket RPM bumper, and same if you want to use an older TBR bumper on your V3 Kraton). The small stock bumper is not really much of a bumper at all, but is really a lower hinge pin holder most of all.

The TBR Typhon bumper looks great on my V3 Talion and is quite light. I would not change this, as it this bumper I think fits my Talion perfectly and was a direct bolt-on, no problems at all (note: I have other thread with pictures and exact weights of the Typhon, Thrasher bumpers, RPM skid plates, etc).

Yes, the Typhon bumper will fit the V3 Kraton, but you will need to use the stock Talion bumper (AR330230) or can also use an older stock V1-V2 Kraton bumper (which is the same as the stock Talion bumper). Although the Typhon bumper looks great on the V3 Talion, personally I think it would be a bit small for the Kraton, mainly due to the bigger tires.

Due to the extra weight, personally, I would not use a rear bumper. However, I do use RPM rear skid plates on both my Arrma's, as they offer great underside protection when combined with an aftermarket front bumper + the RPM rear skid plates are very lightweight (again exact weights are on my other threads). If you want the weights again, I can repeat...
Please repeat the weights. I did try searching for your post first but didnt come across it. And i knkw you posted it before because i read it but now cant find it again.
Anyway i thought

Please repeat weights. I searched but still have yet to find the thread.
You say you would get a rpm bumper if you know what you know now. Thats based off weight?
And the weight difference ... im not making sense of how just a tiny amount effects the ride

Best place to buy either of these bumpers?
I still have decided which to get. Both look great! Seems like the rpm might act more like a bumper that has flex where the xv4 is more like a frame extension. Is that right?

Best place to buy either of these bumpers?
I still have decided which to get. Both look great! Seems like the rpm might act more like a bumper that has flex where the xv4 is more like a frame extension. Is that right?
Having a Tbone, I can confirm that it's a rigid set up. But being attached to an aluminum chassis, I don't think that's a factor. And the XV4 2.0 doesn't attach to the bulkhead like previous versions, so the force isn't transferred directly to anything other than the chassis. But if you hit something at 50 mph or nose dive from 20 ft up, I don't think any bumper will prevent some kind of damage. I've hit sign posts and trees head on, and so far, not a dent.

Please repeat the weights. I did try searching for your post first but didnt come across it. And i knkw you posted it before because i read it but now cant find it again.
Anyway i thought

Please repeat weights. I searched but still have yet to find the thread.
You say you would get a rpm bumper if you know what you know now. Thats based off weight?
And the weight difference ... im not making sense of how just a tiny amount effects the ride
No problem. It's not always easy finding old threads.
The TBone Racing Typhon bumper weighs only 39g + 1.1g more for the longer screws.
The RPM rear skid plates weigh only 11.0g + 1.4g more for the longer screws

Sorry, I can't seem to find the weight for the V3 TBone Thrasher bumper right now. I can say that it is probably the most protective and durable front bumper available to date. However, it is heavy, but it is lighter than TBones other XV4 bumper. Another bonus is the new Thrasher looks much better than their old Thrasher bumper, but if looks are most important, I think their XV4 bumper looks even better. A good front bumper is a necessary upgrade to me, but adding too much weight can have a real negative effect in many ways, so I always keep that in mind!

Although I have not weighed the RPM bumper, it is definitely lighter than TBone's bumpers and looks good. The main reason I would change my decision and gone with the RPM bumper, is the problems I had with TBones hinge pin block on the V3 Thrasher bumper. I waited for very long periods of time, and finally they send another block, and after all this, they sent another block with the holes drilled incorrectly again. I finally gave up and had to fabricate a lot with the dremel to finally get it to fit. To say the least, I was not impressed and from my experience, RPM customer service leaves TBR way behind.

Just ordered rpm bumper.
The xv4 looks pretty amazing but it appears to be a super ridgid bumper... no flex.
And its twice the cost of the rpm bumper as im going to attempt a diy front pin holder. So $14 shipped for a rpm made sense. If i had a outcast or notorious id definitely go with the xv4 as it looks awesome and super fitting to the style.

I hear you on every little bit of weight counts i just comprehend it to 1/8th scale.
I currently only understand it on cars, quads and motorcycles.
Grams? Lol whats that?

Just ordered rpm bumper.
The xv4 looks pretty amazing but it appears to be a super ridgid bumper... no flex.
And its twice the cost of the rpm bumper as im going to attempt a diy front pin holder. So $14 shipped for a rpm made sense. If i had a outcast or notorious id definitely go with the xv4 as it looks awesome and super fitting to the style.

I hear you on every little bit of weight counts i just comprehend it to 1/8th scale.
I currently only understand it on cars, quads and motorcycles.
Grams? Lol whats that?
Yes, but keep in mind, grams can add up quite quickly and start to equal pounds, especially if not careful. A couple of pounds can make a big difference in 1/8 scale. Weight affects everything; power, quickness, braking, steering, jumping, durability, motor temp, battery longevity, etc.

I hear you and agree. 453 grams = 1 pound
Im just not used to be concerned with these weight amounts. Thanks for making me think about it as I usually over do it sometimes: )

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back