which is a better motor for the nero

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whats wrong with these motor?
For me it is strong enough. I do not see any sense to change them.
Sure, you can put in amy Mamba/Castle Mostermegamotors... But why?
I think there are some other points to make the Nero better than the motor.

Regards,
lonee

Whats wrong with these motor?
For me it is strong enough. I do not see any sense to change them.
Sure, you can put in amy Mamba/Castle Mostermegamotors... But why?
I think there are some other points to make the Nero better than the motor.

Regards,
lonee
yea, I have done most upgrades to strengthen, I had the motor given to me brand new, was just wondering.

Wondering about what? That so less people change the motor?
I do not change a part which is OK out of the box. The motor is OK, but the ESC has an other firmware than the original from hobby wing.
Thats really regrettable, because it takes a lot of options away.
You can put in an motor which have more rpm or more torque with a bigger pinion.. But the original with a 17T and 6s ist quite fast.
I have no track here in my area to reach the top speed with the 17T pinion. I do running as most 6s ant the 15T.

Do you have a special reason to push a monster truck over 100Km/h?

Regards,
lonee

I don't like the ESC firmware change which has a lipo cutoff lower than I would like but I find the motor in this thing is awesome. Just enough power on 6S and runs super cool for moving such a heavy truck at a decent speed.

Wondering about what? That so less people change the motor?
I do not change a part which is OK out of the box. The motor is OK, but the ESC has an other firmware than the original from hobby wing.
Thats really regrettable, because it takes a lot of options away.
You can put in an motor which have more rpm or more torque with a bigger pinion.. But the original with a 17T and 6s ist quite fast.
I have no track here in my area to reach the top speed with the 17T pinion. I do running as most 6s ant the 15T.

Do you have a special reason to push a monster truck over 100Km/h?

Regards,
lonee
not looking for more speed per say but maybe a little better efficiency, plus like I said it was given to me jut trying to figure out if it was putting it in or not.

Hmmm, OK than I would recommend to put an more efficient ESC into a Nero.
With less resistance in the FET´s as possible. But as better the ESC, as higher the price.
The BLX200 is a HobbyWing ESC but with castrated functions. Hopefully someone find out to modify them with a different firmware.
I think that the ESC ist exactly the same than max8 but different software...
I think the first way to get more speed-> bigger pinion -> better bearings -> balancing the wheels. (good wheels)
Specially the tires has a big effect. Less grip is less resistance. Good grip gives more control but it takes power.
If it is not enough, open the wallet and invest in a quite good ESC.. that can mean a big amount of bucks.

But which sense makes up to 100Km/h on offlroad?
Be honest, A Nero with 17T and 6s on mud is out of control with no sensible throttle finger.
Same on wet asphalt or concrete. Thats why I ask for the reason that you want an ballistic flying car.

Regards,
lonee

What is this thing with efficiency? You going to gain, what... a max of maybe 5% more run time? The motor is already definitely very high efficiency. The ESC has got to be within a reasonable range of what is available out there. If you want efficiency, get a truck that doesn't weigh 16lbs!

Hihi, THAT is the thing. Big Boys need Big Toys and them needs Big Power!

Last edited:
lol, I just wanted to if it was a better motor, its actually 50kv less than the original, don't know anything about that company.

The original will getting warm enough with 17T and 6s. I would not try with 8s.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back