Mojave Which is better in y’all’s opinion Mojave 6s or Vorteks 3s and why?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeyD

Reaction score
I have a Vorteks that I’m repairing and once it’s done I was thinking of selling it and getting the Mojave 6s that’s local to me. Any pros and cons to the Mojave 6s over the Vorteks 3s? Here’s photos of the Mojave 6s I’m considering buying. What’s a good price for it the way it sits just the car and controller, no spare parts, batteries or charger.

8F9C37DE-3643-48D0-A7B0-1FE5041EA15F.jpeg

6B47B5AA-6833-499C-AF52-927F745C41FE.jpeg

6E4256FF-BF29-4107-A8E0-2C113F711F2C.jpeg

03489162-BB0A-4EDC-A3EE-FBFA3A25968B.jpeg

Mojave
Because you get Mo'Fun!

Seriously!

The other would be Fireteam , because it's on the same XLWB (Extra Long Wheel Base) as the Mojave. But with Kraton's wide arms for even more hi-speed stability.

And another contender would be the Kraton 6S.

I own a Mojave and 2 Kratons (one is DaBeers Beef-caked out and the other still in Dumpster Fire mode.)

A Fireteam is in my future... I can feel it.

I bought most of my rigs pre-owned (local) since I know what to look out for and can negotiate a good deal for myself.

I got my Mojave used for $400 ,even steven.
That's for the truck with EXB mods added
FOUR Extra 6S lipos
Brand New (extra) EXB chassis XLWB,still sealed in package)
Brand New set of replacement suspension arms, Diff cups, outdrives and a few other bits.

Last edited:
6s rigs are just better in every way except price and even then it's still a better value. Mojave is stupid durable too, I've had mine like a year now without a single breakage.

I could replace the fan but just didn’t know how to. I’m very handy with certain things and I have patience with tedious things. But yes I am newer in the hobby 100%. I’m a quick learner with the right direction and support. I do appreciate the insight into the Mojave being more on the extensive side of things.

What’s a good used price for the Mojave 6s 1/7 scale ?

Take your time and Don't rush it.

You'll need batteries and a proper charger too.
Heads up.. 6S Lipo Power are NO joke! If you mishandle them ,they can burn down your house/condo/apartment complex!

Look around at what's available in a Fireteam 6S and Kraton 6S and their prices locally... To really get a good feel of pricing.
Because they are all basically the same chassis..

I suggest Mojave except for one detail. In your other post you mentioned “ I’m new to these kind of cars” and are struggling to repair/replace a motor fan. The Mojave would be jumping into the deep end too quickly.

I would have to agree with that assignment..

I could replace the fan but just didn’t know how to. I’m very handy with certain things and I have patience with tedious things. But yes I am newer in the hobby 100%. I’m a quick learner with the right direction and support. I do appreciate the insight into the Mojave being more on the extensive side of things.
Don't stress brother, I know when I was new into the hobby I had to work on a typhon 3s and a typhon 6s. Even as a noob I thought working on the 6s rig was easier. I could see why some would disagree with that though but you never know until you try! :cool: (y)

Doesn’t look to have any rust at all, seller wanted $550 I got him down to $425 maybe I could stretch him to $400 but I doubt he would take $350 🤷🏻‍♂️

Then it's Okay.
You are NOT obligated to pay his asking price.
Remember it's a used RC truck!
And if he doesn't have Any add-ons Parts and/or Accessories to sweeten the deal.. You might want to pass on this one.

You can get a Brand Spanking New Kraton 6S RTR for $549
Just for comparison.

Take your time and Don't rush it.

You'll need batteries and a proper charger too.
Heads up.. 6S Lipo Power are NO joke! If you mishandle them ,they can burn down your house/condo/apartment complex!

Look around at what's available in a Fireteam 6S and Kraton 6S and their prices locally... To really get a good feel of pricing.
Because they are all basically the same chassis..

I would have to agree with that assignment..
I have the htrc c240 duo dual lipo charger since the one I got with an rc car before crapped the bed. I’d be running 2 3s batteries opposed to 1 6s battery. But yes I’ve seen videos and heard of horror stories with any lipo battery being mishandled and or not charged correctly.
Then it's Okay.
You are NOT obligated to pay his asking price.
Remember it's a used RC truck!
And if he doesn't have Any add-ons Parts and/or Accessories to sweeten the deal.. You might want to pass on this one.

You can get a Brand Spanking New Kraton 6S RTR for $549
Just for comparison.
That’s true, I was just tryna save a little money going into this but some of the expenses corners being cut have seemed to have an unpleasant outcome. Is it better to buy new vs used all the time? Not sure what’s covered and not covered under manufacturers warranty and or extended warranty’s from let’s say asurion on Amazon etc

Also something to consider, short course trucks are loads of fun but are also like a vacuum cleaner of the outdoors. Depending on where you run you are likely going to fill the inside with debris.

Check out Scorched fenders for the Mohave. Almost a must have for SC.

Doesn’t look to have any rust at all, seller wanted $550 I got him down to $425 maybe I could stretch him to $400 but I doubt he would take $350 🤷🏻‍♂️
Try and wait for a horizon hobby sale on one or a similar 6s truck, unless you really want one right now.

Mojave is a $400 roller and if it powers up and drives, a solid investment and recipe for bashing.

I like size, speed and power. I was close to getting an infraction v2 6s but where I live I couldn’t really open it up on the streets long enough since they can be on the busier side at times and there’s no tracks close to me besides an hour plus away which I’m not a huge fan of the track idea. I’d never really beat on any car or truck tbh so I’m not technically sure what’s the most ideal fast / big vehicle to get. I’d use it primarily on the streets, parking lots, park fields and sometimes packed down dirt roads. Maybe use more knobby tires for non pavement use and smoother street tires for pavement? 🤷🏻‍♂️ I saw a slightly lifted infraction with heavily treaded tires but didn’t like the idea of that 100% 🤷🏻‍♂️

I like size, speed and power. I was close to getting an infraction v2 6s but where I live I couldn’t really open it up on the streets long enough since they can be on the busier side at times and there’s no tracks close to me besides an hour plus away which I’m not a huge fan of the track idea. I’d never really beat on any car or truck tbh so I’m not technically sure what’s the most ideal fast / big vehicle to get. I’d use it primarily on the streets, parking lots, park fields and sometimes packed down dirt roads. Maybe use more knobby tires for non pavement use and smoother street tires for pavement? 🤷🏻‍♂️ I saw a slightly lifted infraction with heavily treaded tires but didn’t like the idea of that 100% 🤷🏻‍♂️
You’ll be amazed when a Mojave accidentally wrecks at 50+mph and it looks back and asks if that’s all you got multiple times. Then you’ll start immediately concocting ways to purposely damage it and it’ll continue to laugh at you until power upgrades. The Mojave assembly is by far the most robust overall RTR ever created(over 15lbs).

If you are uncertain
You’ll be amazed when a Mojave accidentally wrecks at 50+mph and it looks back and asks if that’s all you got multiple times. Then you’ll start immediately concocting ways to purposely damage it and it’ll continue to laugh at you until power upgrades. The Mojave assembly is by far the most robust overall RTR ever created(over 15lbs).

I concur with this statement!
It can take a lot of abuse.
Basically a mini humvee..

But the downside is -depending on what surface you drive- it's a mega Dyson vac and sucks up Everything into the chassis > dirt, sand ,grass, mud, hay, pebbles, rocks. You get the picture.
Which Will require you to do after-bash cleaning as a must or Rust will rear it's ugly head.

If you are uncertain

I concur with this statement!
It can take a lot of abuse.
Basically a mini humvee..

But the downside is -depending on what surface you drive- it's a mega Dyson vac and sucks up Everything into the chassis > dirt, sand ,grass, mud, hay, pebbles, rocks. You get the picture.
Which Will require you to do after-bash cleaning as a must or Rust will rear it's ugly head.

All great info, didn’t know that about this particular vehicle.

Never had an issue with debris in any Mojave, I do run notorious/outcast front rock fenders in all XLWB chassis and high power fans blowing out. The biggest restriction in airflow through is the velcro to side skirts which I have the body cut to eliminate that containment.

The infraction however 😂

27E8ECDF-7E76-4BEE-A490-9BDFBDECA517.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back