Fazon Which lipos fit the best in the Voltage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RL256

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fazon
  2. Voltage
Hey guys. Which lipos fit the best in the voltage battery compartment. The one I have will fit but I have to really squeeze the wires in there, and I’m worried that I will tear them up eventually. Are there any that have side mount wires that may fit better?

A battery of 48mm x141mm x 26mm dimensions is the correct size, no larger. Also, when shopping the battery make sure the wire orientation is appropriate so you don't run into that issue again. The wires should not be crushed or stuffed tightly. Take your time and search. There are tons of lipos out there. If others have the same rig and have a specific lipo they use, they can chime in. Good luck.
20200102_164757.jpg
Which wire orientation looks like it would fit? Which battery? The black or blue one?

Last edited:
A battery of 48mm x141mm x 26mm dimensions is the correct size, no larger. Also, when shopping the battery make sure the wire orientation is appropriate so you don't run into that issue again. The wires should not be crushed or stuffed tightly. Take your time and search. There are tons of lipos out there. If others have the same rig and have a specific lipo they use, they can chime in. Good luck.View attachment 59272Which wire orientation looks like it would fit? Which battery? The black or blue one?
The blue bc wires come from side

Good. There are bascically 3 types of wire configs with lipos. The blue one happens to be a 3S. But that is not important. Do a search for a 2S lipo with the above Arrma Voltage battery dimensions and keep looking for the correct dimensions or smaller that also has the wires coming out the side, the way you need them to be. There are tons of lipo options out there. It will get you dizzy.:LOL: But somewhere is the one you need.:) If I am correct, a 4500mah-5000mah lipo would be approx. sized adequate lipo. Go for it.(y)

Good. There are bascically 3 types of wire configs with lipos. The blue one happens to be a 3S. But that is not important. Do a search for a 2S lipo with the above Arrma Voltage battery dimensions and keep looking for the correct dimensions or smaller that also has the wires coming out the side, the way you need them to be. There are tons of lipo options out there. It will get you dizzy.:LOL: But somewhere is the one you need.:) If I am correct, a 4500mah-5000mah lipo would be approx. sized adequate lipo. Go for it.(y)
Hey SrC,

I have 2 types of batteries 1) 4s 14.8V 50C 5000mAh
2)6s 22.2V 60C 5000mAh

I am looking to buy some silicone battery lead wire to use in upgrading my cars. What "AWG" would be the best gauge.

Many thank's

Hey SrC,

I have 2 types of batteries 1) 4s 14.8V 50C 5000mAh
2)6s 22.2V 60C 5000mAh

I am looking to buy some silicone battery lead wire to use in upgrading my cars. What "AWG" would be the best gauge.

Many thank's
If it’s just for bashing 10AWG or 12AWG is fine. If you are speed racing then 8AWG. Make sure it is fine braids for flexibility. Try to get pure copper, not CCA.

I received a new Granite Voltage yesterday. I bought a 2S battery that came yesterday too. The NiMH battery that came with the car, fits with the holder, but the Lipo doesn't. The wires come up from the top. People tell me to throw the AA battery holder away. Then the Lipo fits fine.

Attachments

• 20200116_104248.jpg
    20200116_104248.jpg
    229 KB · Views: 66
  • 20200115_103753[1].jpg
    20200115_103753[1].jpg
    224.5 KB · Views: 67
Well yeah!!. The manual is clear on this.

You have the Voltage?
Isn't there a picture showing the removal of the Lion battery holder for a lipo pack?

Yes, I have a Granite Voltage. No, I don't see any picture. Here is the only picture I have.

Attachments

• 11.JPG
    11.JPG
    44.8 KB · Views: 64
Yes, I have a Granite Voltage. No, I don't see any picture. Here is the only picture I have.
The manual us not readily clear I agree, but my interpretation of that pic. shows the lion tray gets removed for adding a nimpack or lipo pack. (y) ? The dimensions of a suitable lipo pack are given in the manual. You need side exiting wires on the lipo.pack to make it fit properly.

I received a new Granite Voltage yesterday. I bought a 2S battery that came yesterday too. The NiMH battery that came with the car, fits with the holder, but the Lipo doesn't. The wires come up from the top. People tell me to throw the AA battery holder away. Then the Lipo fits fine.
Hi Bill,

I agree with SrC. I don't own a Granite Voltage. However, if you still can't make it fit, you might consider cutting a notch at the top of the battery case housing, to allow the wires to extend up and into the inner car compartment.

Good luck, and have fun!

Last edited:
In the manual they state 2s stick pack lipo. What that means a 2s lipo with dimensions of a 7.2v stick nimh pack. Find a lipo with the same dimensions of a 7.2v nimh pack (or very close to it) and it will fit something like this https://www.amazon.com/GARTPOT-4000...1?keywords=gartpot+lipo&qid=1579467732&sr=8-1. I have and use a 2s 5200mah Zeee lipo it fits but is pretty tight. The brick style packs are not really meant to fit with the wires coming out the top. Leave the tray out the battery will just slide around inside unless you add something like foam inside to take up the space.

In the manual they state 2s stick pack lipo. What that means a 2s lipo with dimensions of a 7.2v stick nimh pack. Find a lipo with the same dimensions of a 7.2v nimh pack (or very close to it) and it will fit something like this https://www.amazon.com/GARTPOT-4000...1?keywords=gartpot+lipo&qid=1579467732&sr=8-1. I have and use a 2s 5200mah Zeee lipo it fits but is pretty tight. The brick style packs are not really meant to fit with the wires coming out the top. Leave the tray out the battery will just slide around inside unless you add something like foam inside to take up the space.
Thank's, I'll check into it.

You will probably not find a "perfect" fit. The Voltage wasn't designed for lipo specifically. Obviously try to find a pack that is a match or smaller and use foam blocks or similar to make that lipo snug in its batt. tray The most important consideration is the wiring position of the lipo you choose.

Won’t it fit if you put it the other way around? With wires coming from the front left of the car? That’s how I fit my batteries, standard 2s or 4500 3s lipos. With the battery holder.

That battery holder may be more of the problem than you think. Again, depending on which lipo you end up with. That's such a variable.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back