Which Loctite for Nero reassembly?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrfurious40k

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
  2. Senton 6s
Hey all,

I'll be ordering the Diff Brain upgrade kit and after reviewing a few videos on removing and replacing the center differential assembly, it looks like I'll be needing some Loctite when I reassemble. Does everyone just use Blue 242 or does the Nero need something more heavy duty like Red 271?

Thanks!

Cool, man. Thanks! I swore the guy in the video I watched used Red on the bulkhead screws. It seemed excessive. I've only ever used red on some nitro applications that got a lot of heat from the engine. Blue 242 it is. UPS man is bringing the truck today....Batteries and charger won't be here until tomorrow though.....I guess I'll have some time to read the manual.

if the video you were watching was of the Undisputed Nero Master ...Tp-Parts Rc-Xtreme. ...then I would like him to chime in...cause he is the Master...but from my novice point of view (mech eng...machinist...jackass)..blue should be fine....

Blue on everything red you will need to heat up to get screws out... i use blue on everything.

Hey all,

I'll be ordering the Diff Brain upgrade kit and after reviewing a few videos on removing and replacing the center differential assembly, it looks like I'll be needing some Loctite when I reassemble. Does everyone just use Blue 242 or does the Nero need something more heavy duty like Red 271?

Thanks!
I got the diff brain upgrade for free when i bought my nero... lhs guy misunderstood his supplier and didnt charge me for it... i do lots of business there and offered to pay but he wouldent have it. Just a suggestion when you have the diffs out pull them apart and clean the grease out and add diff lube... i went with 50k center 50k front and 100k rear... i ran it straight out of the box and it was ok... now its awesome and add diff lockers man its unreal fun... make sure all little servo arms are in locker grooves and use blue loctite any where a screw goes into metal. I installed diff brain and servos did not pull diffs apart and then ended up taking it all back apart and adding the diff lube and my center diff locker was not in the groove. Take your time its easy as pie watch that video samurai reccomended start to finish. You will need to open reciver vox and take reciver out its taped in and you put brain in like reciver was and stand reciver up in the end... i will grab you a pic if you need it mine is apart beacuse i did something to servo not working right now so im upgradeing it... or having a replacement sent haven't decided... order shock rod ends and suspension pushrod ends. Ive broken 2 pushrod ends and 4 shock rod ends... its not good for hard high fast jumping.

Soon i will be master of nero... lol ive had mine apart and back together 3 times now and its sitting on my bench again servo not working properly... i am gonna pull kraton reciver box lid and plug this servo in to see if its bad reciver or bad servo had it all apart and everything appears to be fine no stripped gears or vinding i can turn it by hand so i don't know what to do... calling arema in am...

Thanks. I'll probably run it as is for a bit and then do the upgrade the first time it needs repaired. I read and watched all (and I me and ALL) of the Nero reviews before I decided on it so I knew about the weak shock rod and push rod ends so I bought spares of both with the truck. I appreciate all the help!

Thanks. I'll probably run it as is for a bit and then do the upgrade the first time it needs repaired. I read and watched all (and I me and ALL) of the Nero reviews before I decided on it so I knew about the weak shock rod and push rod ends so I bought spares of both with the truck. I appreciate all the help!
No problem... i have a pic if the reciver box rite here... any other questions feel to ask. Ive had it apart and back together a few times.

Attachments

• 20160804_071637.jpg
    20160804_071637.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 40
Did the same. Got shock rod ends and a bunch of the other rod ends as backups. I installed a CYS S9120 waterproof brushless 277/oz. servo. what a difference - turns on a dime. Can now do instant 180 turns. Did some jumping yesterday... No problems other than the tbone racing front bumper screws came out - again. I think it's time to red loctite them in.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    142.9 KB · Views: 39
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back