Which motor fan?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just get urself a small piece of screendoor screen. 1 dollar at hardware store. Works perfectly.
That makes too much sense! I'd rather overthink everything and impulse shop late at night! lol
I probably should've done that but already have these screens at 5x 5"x5" for $3.50 delivered. I also don't see any small amount of screen door screen at Home Depot online but maybe in-store they have some "cut to suit."

That makes too much sense! I'd rather overthink everything and impulse shop late at night! lol
I probably should've done that but already have these screens at 5x 5"x5" for $3.50 delivered. I also don't see any small amount of screen door screen at Home Depot online but maybe in-store they have some "cut to suit."
That's right. Cut to suit.

Put Trenchers on v4 Kraton so motor will run hotter. I have a HW heat sink and fan on the way. Looking at the ESC I don't see where the new fan will plug in for power. The ESC fan is already using the available outlet.
Newb question: Where is another outlet for the motor fan?
I did a 3way adapter for mine. Works great. Damn thing sounds like a fighter jet at idol.
image.jpg

I like that setup. Already got new servo and HR components I see. What's the HR fan model?
Yeah Racing Twin Turbo. I’m running a 18t pinion on 6s hard all day on the throttle without overheating yet. On 4s the motor doesn’t heat up at all at the track.

Update: I got the Hobby Wing heat sink and fan for Typhon and Kraton.
Typhon:After a little muscle on the heat sink to snug it up to the motor everything fit in place... except the shell. I expected it may be an issue bc room is so tight under there, but it does fit and there is a gap above the fan to draw air. So I think I'm good. The Typhon didn't come with riser options to lift the shell up a tad. I'll look for some, but does anyone know if they exist?
Kraton: see picture. Heat sink fits just under the center guard tower thingy, but not the fan...only able to screw in 2 of the fan mount screws. Going to shop for a smaller fan. Anyone have a suggestion?

I know this all could've been avoided if I'd measured all angles on each car but I didn't. So I'm stuck with making it work.
Any help or guidance is much appreciated!
IMG_20190426_020511644.jpg

Update: I got the Hobby Wing heat sink and fan for Typhon and Kraton.
Typhon:After a little muscle on the heat sink to snug it up to the motor everything fit in place... except the shell. I expected it may be an issue bc room is so tight under there, but it does fit and there is a gap above the fan to draw air. So I think I'm good. The Typhon didn't come with riser options to lift the shell up a tad. I'll look for some, but does anyone know if they exist?
Kraton: see picture. Heat sink fits just under the center guard tower thingy, but not the fan...only able to screw in 2 of the fan mount screws. Going to shop for a smaller fan. Anyone have a suggestion?

I know this all could've been avoided if I'd measured all angles on each car but I didn't. So I'm stuck with making it work.
Any help or guidance is much appreciated!View attachment 36512
I kind of forced it to fit in my V2 outcast...
2019-0426-Outcast-HWHeatSink-EscSideLow.jpg

2019-0426-Outcast-HWHeatSink-ESCSideHigh.jpg

2019-0426-Outcast-HWHeatSink-BatterySideHigh.jpg

2019-0426-Outcast-HWHeatSink-BatterySideLow.jpg

I bought the yeah racing dual fan and have them plugged into the aux on my receiver through a jst splitter and they don’t work at all. Like they won’t spin when I turn in the receiver. Any suggestions?

I bought the yeah racing dual fan and have them plugged into the aux on my receiver through a jst splitter and they don’t work at all. Like they won’t spin when I turn in the receiver. Any suggestions?
How do you turn a receiver on? Do you mean you turn the ESC on?

What fan is that?
It's the hobbywing cooler with a 50mm fan on it. Without the cooler, the fan has zero support, and being as large/wide as it is, I can't believe it would last more than a couple jumps before the frame cracks. If you want air flow through the cooler, drill holes in it, but the top of the cooler is flat, so it supports the fan completely.

https://www.amazon.com/Hobbywing-Cooling-System-86080130-funshobby/dp/B00792P9WG

I had that one on my outcast for a while. The fan died on me and I didn't know it, it's not the loudest of fans. By the time I realized it, my motor was at 254F and the magnets were toast. I replaced it with the powerhobby dual fan, then I put alloy framed fans on it for extra durability. Then at least if one fan died, I still had another doing something.

I still use the cooler on the motor in my slampede, but it doesn't run as hot as the outcast motor does because it doesn't work as hard.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back