Which motor fan?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know. I do know that I did have one motor fan that was 4 little legs above the heat sink, so the fan was floating. I broke 3 fans in that truck before I did away with it. Now I run the crappy castle fan holder which is just plastic and it seems to do ok, which doesn't make a lot of sense as the fan is floating still. Only thing I can figure is that the plastic flexes a bit and absorbs the impact whereas the alloy one I had before didn't flex.

The HW heat sink/fan I have now has the back of the fan resting on the top of the fins. It's been on there for 8-9 months and I haven't broken the fan yet.

I think @Mr.Duke made a fan mount for his and had issues busting fans apart as the back was all open. It think it was him. Now he's using fans that have an aluminum housing. I haven't heard how that's going yet.

Yeah, it was him:
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/custom-fan-mount.6699/

I don't have the skill or the tools to make something like that. So, I'll stick with my $10 heat sink/fan combo as so far, it's held up fine and it does drop the motor temp by 20-25F in general. Helps keep air moving under the body when I'm just futzing around at the skate parks and park. I don't do a ton of WOT running, just a lot of 1/4 - 1/2 throttle with blips of WOT for flips and whatnot.

New fan setup has been holding up perfectly so far in the Talion but I don't beat on that one like I do the Outcast.

Outcast is waiting for a bigger ESC/motor combo and down for another week or two. IMO that'll be the real durability test for the fans, but they're way beefier than the WTF fans I've run in the past

Last edited:
For comparison purposes I plugged a spare Hobbywing 30mm aluminum fan into the ESC fan port

Yes it's loud, but you're listening to 3 of these things running at the same time in the vid

Have you used a yokomo fan drift car fan?
No, I've been loyal to WTF fans for years until I started busting the plastic housings. Pleased with the performance and durability of the aluminum Hobbystar fans so far, especially after seeing the thrust in comparison to the video of them all being tested

For comparison purposes I plugged a spare Hobbywing 30mm aluminum fan into the ESC fan port

Yes it's loud, but you're listening to 3 of these things running at the same time in the vid
I though of that also best vid I found, I need one that pushes stupid air, my typhon on stock gearing and on street few pulls later it was retarded hot.

Got this dude on offer up not to far me he has one for 25 that yokomo with heat sink and .35mm35 and 10.5 mm height should fit in my castle shroud or esc cover

No, I've been loyal to WTF fans for years until I started busting the plastic housings. Pleased with the performance and durability of the aluminum Hobbystar fans so far, especially after seeing the thrust in comparison to the video of them all being tested
Which wtf fan and fan for esc would you go for in typhon 6s on two 3s venom 5000 50c battery

Upgrading to castle 2200/esc soon
Thk you for all info

The BLX185 takes an odd 35mmx10mm and wtf doesn't make that size, so I've stocked up on replacement Arrma fans for ESC's.

IMG_9522.JPG

I've only broken one ESC fan so far and that was a nasty roof landing at the skatepark hitting LVC mid-air.

For motor fans I was buying WTF 40mm x 10mm singles (part# WTF4010)

I think the castles run common size fans so anything from wtf or this line of Hobbystar I'd recommend

How are Intagy products? They haven’t with a dual 40mm fan setup.

integy does not make good products at all. with the stuff i have purchased, in most cases it needed modifying to mount due to the casting being wrong. a motor fan mount/heatsink is a simple part so maybe you will be able to get away with it. i also agree with what olds says. any person who really jumps their truck up there needs support under the fan itself. 4 posts or some lame support will just have the fan gut itself after 1 or two landings.

integy does not make good products at all. with the stuff i have purchased, in most cases it needed modifying to mount due to the casting being wrong. a motor fan mount/heatsink is a simple part so maybe you will be able to get away with it. i also agree with what olds says. any person who really jumps their truck up there needs support under the fan itself. 4 posts or some lame support will just have the fan gut itself after 1 or two landings.
Yeah, I wouldn’t use one of the skinny one sided fan mounts. Looks like a problem waiting to happen. I ended up getting a Yeah Racing double fan mount. Lots of people seem to like them and there are plenty of options for 30mm fans if I need a replacement. The heatsink mount is a full wrap around design with 2 full length supports for the fans. I plan on doing the screen for this and the ESC.

Yeah, I wouldn’t use one of the skinny one sided fan mounts. Looks like a problem waiting to happen. I ended up getting a Yeah Racing double fan mount. Lots of people seem to like them and there are plenty of options for 30mm fans if I need a replacement. The heatsink mount is a full wrap around design with 2 full length supports for the fans. I plan on doing the screen for this and the ESC.
One sided fan mount ? It’s wrapped around the whole motor, and it’s a 1/10 scale heat sink tight fit

One sided fan mount ? It’s wrapped around the whole motor, and it’s a 1/10 scale heat sink tight fit
Im talking
I have no idea what mount you are referring to. I’m talking about mounts like .
50D36EC3-2EB9-4A20-8AA4-998C4558A0A7.png

I though of that also best vid I found, I need one that pushes stupid air, my typhon on stock gearing and on street few pulls later it was retarded hot.

Got this dude on offer up not to far me he has one for 25 that yokomo with heat sink and .35mm35 and 10.5 mm height should fit in my castle shroud or esc cover
Maybe 2
Im talking

I have no idea what mount you are referring to. I’m talking about mounts like .View attachment 35176
I have this my bad ?

Attachments

• ABCFCB44-84BE-4C16-9F4E-AC70AAD5334D.png
    ABCFCB44-84BE-4C16-9F4E-AC70AAD5334D.png
    650.7 KB · Views: 92
Maybe 2

I have this my bad ?
I was considering one of those. I was really wanting a double 40mm setup. Who knows, I may end up going another rout depending on how it works. I’m currently running a 16t on the Typhon. I’m not very nice to it. I can touch the motor without burning myself at the moment but it gets hot here. I was hoping to be able to use an 18t pinion if the setup can handle it without melting, lol...

I was considering one of those. I was really wanting a double 40mm setup. Who knows, I may end up going another rout depending on how it works. I’m currently running a 16t on the Typhon. I’m not very nice to it. I can touch the motor without burning myself at the moment but it gets hot here. I was hoping to be able to use an 18t pinion if the setup can handle it without melting, lol...
I’m running stock Gearing and was dumb hot with that plastic castle fans and shroud

I’m running stock Gearing and was dumb hot with that plastic castle fans and shroud
I saw the videos of those not pushing enough air. I wish there was a better ESC fan option. Arrma’s oddball size sucks. Sounds like a project...

Does anyone have voltage issues with their receivers running fans?

I saw the videos of those not pushing enough air. I wish there was a better ESC fan option. Arrma’s oddball size sucks. Sounds like a project...

Does anyone have voltage issues with their receivers running fans?
If you removed the cage/cap off the esc, you could probably screw any size of fan to the esc. The screws just need to find a way to the fins. If mine dies, I'll probably do that with one of those 30mm HS alloy framed fans I bought. It's smaller, but the alloy frame is stout and it pushes a lot of air.

If you removed the cage/cap off the esc, you could probably screw any size of fan to the esc. The screws just need to find a way to the fins. If mine dies, I'll probably do that with one of those 30mm HS alloy framed fans I bought. It's smaller, but the alloy frame is stout and it pushes a lot of air.
I was thinking about taking that cover off esc but it just looks all exposed

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back