Which motor fan?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This dude NICK ADAMS you tube him he breaks down all rc fans,speed and whether to use fan shroads which ones are good
Yup. And wtf fans blew all the other fans out there out of the water. I got them on my brcc on my motor and esc!

I don't know. I do know that I did have one motor fan that was 4 little legs above the heat sink, so the fan was floating. I broke 3 fans in that truck before I did away with it. Now I run the crappy castle fan holder which is just plastic and it seems to do ok, which doesn't make a lot of sense as the fan is floating still. Only thing I can figure is that the plastic flexes a bit and absorbs the impact whereas the alloy one I had before didn't flex.

The HW heat sink/fan I have now has the back of the fan resting on the top of the fins. It's been on there for 8-9 months and I haven't broken the fan yet.

I think @Mr.Duke made a fan mount for his and had issues busting fans apart as the back was all open. It think it was him. Now he's using fans that have an aluminum housing. I haven't heard how that's going yet.

Yeah, it was him:
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/custom-fan-mount.6699/

I don't have the skill or the tools to make something like that. So, I'll stick with my $10 heat sink/fan combo as so far, it's held up fine and it does drop the motor temp by 20-25F in general. Helps keep air moving under the body when I'm just futzing around at the skate parks and park. I don't do a ton of WOT running, just a lot of 1/4 - 1/2 throttle with blips of WOT for flips and whatnot.
1/10 motor fan fits tight

Attachments

• 73A54F31-0504-4405-8503-286C34680F46.jpeg
    73A54F31-0504-4405-8503-286C34680F46.jpeg
    226 KB · Views: 91
Lol yeah thought I was till I seen these yokomo fans and racing performers fan on offer up and they put out some air
I wonder what the rpm's are on these fans? I haven't been able to find any specs on them.

I got the HobbyWing heatsink but I hated the blue color so I de-anodized it. It's really easy to do; just pour drainpipe cleaner (mine was 20% sodium hydroxide) in a glass jar, carefully lower the heatsink in the jar, turn it over after 5 minutes and another 5 minutes later you can wash it all away to get this result:

Shiny!

As has been said before, you must bend it inwards slightly to fit the motor, which isn't easy to do. I used plenty of computer CPU thermal grease to form a good thermal bridge at the top.

I'm really happy with the performance; my motor used to be too hot to touch so I bought this heatsink and an IR thermometer - but I could have saved the money for the thermometer because the motor barely gets warm now with this heatsink on ❄

I got the HobbyWing heatsink but I hated the blue color so I de-anodized it. It's really easy to do; just pour drainpipe cleaner (mine was 20% sodium hydroxide) in a glass jar, carefully lower the heatsink in the jar, turn it over after 5 minutes and another 5 minutes later you can wash it all away to get this result:

View attachment 35429 View attachment 35430
Shiny!

As has been said before, you must bend it inwards slightly to fit the motor, which isn't easy to do. I used plenty of computer CPU thermal grease to form a good thermal bridge at the top.

I'm really happy with the performance; my motor used to be too hot to touch so I bought this heatsink and an IR thermometer - but I could have saved the money for the thermometer because the motor barely gets warm now with this heatsink on ❄

Agreed! Just ran mine for the first time through two battery packs in 80+ degree temps and the reduction in motor temp was considerable

View attachment 35429 View attachment 35430
Shiny!

Nice. I like it.

Okay so this thing sounds like a turbine, lol. Is it supposed to be blowing to or away from the motor?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back