Which motor fan?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m a jackass, I mounted them upside down, lol. I put some 3mm spacers on them and they move even more air. I have them turned to the center to pull air from the vents and for clearance. This is a new motor with an 18t pinion on it. I abused it a little and the temp wasn’t bad. I put the old motor with a 16t pinion and HR motor mount in my daughters car I’m building her.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Hers has the Markhor top plate I bought. It’s turning out nice.

I've been running this hobbywing fan for a few months now on both my 6s rigs. Has been great so far.

Attachments

• 15556392130971800186837785601539.jpg
    15556392130971800186837785601539.jpg
    296.1 KB · Views: 86
Onto. What fan?
I've been running this hobbywing fan for a few months now on both my 6s rigs. Has been great so far.
what size fan is under the esc?
I’m stuck on what I can do with mine, my dumbass lol cut one side of shroud ?‍♂️ guess by new one or see if they have a taller shroud from other arrmas idk they all might be the same

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    290.4 KB · Views: 65
I’m stuck on what I can do with mine, my dumbass lol cut one side of shroud ?‍♂️ guess by new one or see if they have a taller shroud from other arrmas idk they all might be the same
The motor fan is a hobbywing 1/8 scale.
Esc is stock hobbywing.

Last edited:
Its supposed to be a 25x10mill fan. Thats what stock is.

I’m a jackass, I mounted them upside down, lol. I put some 3mm spacers on them and they move even more air. I have them turned to the center to pull air from the vents and for clearance. This is a new motor with an 18t pinion on it. I abused it a little and the temp wasn’t bad. I put the old motor with a 16t pinion and HR motor mount in my daughters car I’m building her. View attachment 35665View attachment 35666
That top plate is a must, I need that can’t wait till they have more. I emailed them and dude said 2/3 weeks

I’m a jackass, I mounted them upside down, lol. I put some 3mm spacers on them and they move even more air. I have them turned to the center to pull air from the vents and for clearance. This is a new motor with an 18t pinion on it. I abused it a little and the temp wasn’t bad. I put the old motor with a 16t pinion and HR motor mount in my daughters car I’m building her. View attachment 35665View attachment 35666
Its supposed to be a 25x10mill fan. Thats what stock is.
I like how you did your fan set up and heat sink looks good. Motor temp doesn’t even get Luke warm might freezing the poor motor lol

I've got the hobbywing also, both for my Kraton and my senton project. They are not installed yet. I'll experiment drilling some holes in the heatsink. I've got a 19t pinion under way, probably tomorrow I'll have it. Gonna run it and do some temp checks.

Put Trenchers on v4 Kraton so motor will run hotter. I have a HW heat sink and fan on the way. Looking at the ESC I don't see where the new fan will plug in for power. The ESC fan is already using the available outlet.
Newb question: Where is another outlet for the motor fan?

Put Trenchers on v4 Kraton so motor will run hotter. I have a HW heat sink and fan on the way. Looking at the ESC I don't see where the new fan will plug in for power. The ESC fan is already using the available outlet.

The 3rd channel in the receiver.

I use a splitter off the esc fan port. I figure the power that runs the fan is the same power running the receiver, so why bother running yet another wire clear across the chassis. Also means when the fan dies, I don't have to take the esc plate out of the chassis to reroute the wire and open the receiver box.

Use a splitter I did I have 3fans and glitch buster

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back