Which number pinion gear?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacX3

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Granite
  3. Vorteks
Not sure if this is the right thread for this question for the pinion gear. The smaller the number on pinion gear the faster or is it the bigger the number the faster? I know it also depends the motor and spur gear too. ⚙ I just need to know which the number is the faster and slower. Thanks.

Gearing 46/16-20 is fast then 23 25 27 and 29 pinion is stupid fast then try 40/25 same pinions 😆 then 34spool

my gearing is 29/34 restarted fast on 4s for me not ready for full 8s just yet

what motor combo you have

Gearing 46/16-20 is fast then 23 25 27 and 29 pinion is stupid fast then try 40/25 same pinions 😆 then 34spool

my gearing is 29/34 restarted fast on 4s for me not ready for full 8s just yet

what motor combo you have
Onyx 1/10 4-pole 3000kv motor / 70amp esc 2-3s compatible

Onyx 1/10 4-pole 3000kv motor / 70amp esc 2-3s compatible
So guessing this is in a 3s Typhon? So if your wanting to still bash I'd stay at 16t pinion if your wanting to speed run only then I'd say start with a 20t pinion and slowly go up from there to max 26t with the 57t spur/slipper in the 3s rigs. Now you can make a custom spool to bring your spur gear size down and pick up more speed if that's what your wanting to do and there's a couple threads on how to do that as well.

So guessing this is in a 3s Typhon? So if your wanting to still bash I'd stay at 16t pinion if your wanting to speed run only then I'd say start with a 20t pinion and slowly go up from there to max 26t with the 57t spur/slipper in the 3s rigs. Now you can make a custom spool to bring your spur gear size down and pick up more speed if that's what your wanting to do and there's a couple threads on how to do that as well.
The Arrma website lists the 32t pinion as an optional part for the Typhon 3s.

The Arrma website lists the 32t pinion as an optional part for the Typhon 3s.
Ya not happening lol. Biggest pinion with the 57t spur that will even fit I believe is like 28t. To fit bigger than that you'd need to make a spool as I said and lower the spur teeth count from the 57t. Sure they sell them as an optional part but unless you drill out the motor mount to extend the motor further away from the spur your only going to be able to fit a 26-28t pinion max with the stock 57t spur.

Ya not happening lol. Biggest pinion with the 57t spur that will even fit I believe is like 28t. To fit bigger than that you'd need to make a spool as I said and lower the spur teeth count from the 57t. Sure they sell them as an optional part but unless you drill out the motor mount to extend the motor further away from the spur your only going to be able to fit a 26-28t pinion max with the stock 57t spur.
what esc ru using? esc a?

Back