Outcast Which one should I buy?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Čefi

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I'm 11 and I am really interested about buying Outcast 4S. I am thinking about Kraton 4S, Kraton 6S EXB, Traxxas Hoss and Maxx too. I know that Kraton 6S EXB is probably the best but it's very expensive. If I will buy Outcast or Kraton 4S I'm gonna buy all the upgrades that Kevin Talbot suggests. These are pretty cheap upgrades and good too. So I'm asking which car you suggest me.

Thanks for answers.
Lenart

The Maxx is the price of a 6s ARRMA, the Hoss is useless because it's the price the Maxx used to be at. If you're thinking about the Hoss, I'd just get a 3s TRX and dump a lot of upgrades on it.

The 4s arrmas aren't as good as the Maxx, but are way cheaper ($160!).

The EXB is great, especially if you have the money.

You could get a 6s RTR if you don't, but those won't be as durable, though if you aren't to extreme, I don't think you'll need many expensive upgrades, just the essentials. You could get the 6s RTR Kraton and get the shock towers, chassis and braces from jenny's for not to much.

Even though the MAXX is just as expensive as a 6s ARRMA, it is VERY durable, and a 4s ($45 at SMC) lipo is way cheaper than a 6s ($105 at SMC), so it could save you money in the end.
If you just want a general basher, and its one of your first RCs, I think the MAXX is the best choice: VERY durable, no/barely any upgrades needed, cheap LiPos, OK RTR radio.
I think KT prefers the Maxx over the 4s arrmas, but I don't watch his vids a lot anymore because of... reasons...

Last edited:
Welcome to the Forum!😎

I recommend getting a K6 and upgrade as needed (when parts break)

I bought 3s rigs when I got started and upgraded those to 4s and still wanted more. 🤣
I own quite a few 6s rigs now and the K8. 6s rigs like the Kraton and Outcast are a lot more durable. Good luck with whatever you decide on. Just buy an Arrma!😉🤟🏼

I am 13. I bought a 3s senton that has been converted to a 6s Typhon! Are you bashing or looking for road cars?
IMG-3794 (1).jpg

Thanks for answers.
You guys are a lucky bunch, I definitely didn't have that sort of money your age.

You didn't mention budget, how much have you got to play with?
Actually I don't have that much money yet because I buy Jamara Myron 4 months ago and I break it very quickly. I was waiting for parts really really long but I break it again. When I buy this car I don't know anything about RC cars. Now I know that Arrma and Traxxas are best brands.

Last edited:
Thanks for answers.

Actually I don't have that much money yet because I buy Jamara Myron 4 months ago and I break it very quickly. I was waiting for parts really really long but I break it again. When I buy this car I don't know anything about RC cars. Now I know that Arrma and Traxxas are best brands.
I started out with a Traxxas Nitro Revo 3.3. I wouldn't say Traxxas and Arrma are the best, but they are the most popular. I would tell you to get an Arrma 3s Bigrock Crew Cab. Don't buy the brushed because you will want more power.

The 3s and 4s line of Arrmas are awesome, I would start out with one of those.

You guys are a lucky bunch, I definitely didn't have that sort of money your age.

You didn't mention budget, how much have you got to play with?
I'm 15 with a job that pays half of the minimum wage for my age group. But because I'm greedy I have enough money for 2 6s arrmas but I'll wait till I move to the us: it would save me over $200
I am interested in BigRock and Granite 4x4 too because they're around that good as Outcast and Kraton 4S.
Whatever fits your budget! I wouldn't spend too much on an RC, especially if you have other hobbies too. A 4s should be great!

The 3s and 4s line are basically the same, you probably won't feel the extra power etc. If money is an issue I would look at an used 3s, that's a good starting point. The new 4s may come out soon so if you have the money for it and don't mind waiting a little, that's another option. As for 6s, the running costs would be too high to start with.

The Maxx is the price of a 6s ARRMA, the Hoss is useless because it's the price the Maxx used to be at. If you're thinking about the Hoss, I'd just get a 3s TRX and dump a lot of upgrades on it.

The 4s arrmas aren't as good as the Maxx, but are way cheaper ($160!).

The EXB is great, especially if you have the money.

You could get a 6s RTR if you don't, but those won't be as durable, though if you aren't to extreme, I don't think you'll need many expensive upgrades, just the essentials. You could get the 6s RTR Kraton and get the shock towers, chassis and braces from jenny's for not to much.

Even though the MAXX is just as expensive as a 6s ARRMA, it is VERY durable, and a 4s ($45 at SMC) lipo is way cheaper than a 6s ($105 at SMC), so it could save you money in the end.
If you just want a general basher, and its one of your first RCs, I think the MAXX is the best choice: VERY durable, no/barely any upgrades needed, cheap LiPos, OK RTR radio.
I think KT prefers the Maxx over the 4s arrmas, but I don't watch his vids a lot anymore because of... reasons...
^^^ This.
Well stated comparison.
Be careful watching KT. Especially if you are young and new to RC. He is fun to watch. Entertaining for sure. But not exactly the best role model for the care and feeding of RC rigs. He can make you get burned out with RC. I have seen this happen to many. IMHO. Nothing against him at all. Just be careful. What he says is not gospel. If you keep this in mind, he is funny as all heck and has some good info and value in his videos.
Not hating on the guy. To me he is just another RC YT'er with much drama like the rest.

I 'use' his vids to see how durable things are. If he can't break it, it's indistrucatble. If he breaks it, but not to often, it's still indistrucatble (he hasn't broken the EXB if I'm right) etc.

Just remember that most people jump less than half of those heights, and that nobody keeps running broken RCs to 'finish them off'.

I would wait for new 4s. I'm not convinced aluminum chassis is best for 6s and up...

Hello,
I'm 11 and I am really interested about buying Outcast 4S. I am thinking about Kraton 4S, Kraton 6S EXB, Traxxas Hoss and Maxx too. I know that Kraton 6S EXB is probably the best but it's very expensive. If I will buy Outcast or Kraton 4S I'm gonna buy all the upgrades that Kevin Talbot suggests. These are pretty cheap upgrades and good too. So I'm asking which car you suggest me.

Thanks for answers.
Lenart
Personally I love the 4s outcast. I send mine to the moon and back and it really takes a beating but it will never take as much as fully beefcaked 6s cars. I love the 4s line and recommend it. It’s cheap to buy and cheap to fix.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back