Which one to choose?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soheilmd

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Kraton EXB
Guys i can buy from a frend one of the following cars but sinds i am not experienced i don't know which to choose.

Both are arrma kratons exb 1:8. One with max6 esc combo 1650kv 4985 running on 8s. The other one has a max6 esc as wel with a Rocket 4092 1420kv running on 6S

Can you advice me which one to buy and why.

Thanks

1650kv 4985 would be much faster and much more fun than the other one. It would also run cooler and wouldn’t overheat as much as the other option.

1650kv 4985 would be much faster and much more fun than the other one. It would also run cooler and wouldn’t overheat as much as the other option.
Thank you, running on 8S wont kill the diffs?

Thank you, running on 8S wont kill the diffs?
It shouldn’t, the diffs should be strong enough. If you wanted, you could run it on 6s, it will be better than the other option, even on 6s.

What makes you think a 1650kv on 8s will run cooler than a 1420kv on 6s? Especially not knowing what gearing is being used?

I prefer the hobbywing motor to the rocket motor. Not a large difference between the two. Not sure why you would need 8s for everyday bash. Maybe for speed runs or something. Really not a bad choice with either. Overheating the motor has more to do with gearing and running conditions.

Equal cost? Same price for either? You can run the 8S rig on 6S.....if (2) 4s batteries are included, you can still run 6S with no harm..... otherwise, if you have to buy batteries, then batteries are - generally - less - for 6S rigs than 8S

Gearing ? Are they essentially stock gearing? Same gearing as each other?

Yeah, lots of questions, but...... knowing these things will help the forum help you out better....

The 1650kv K6S would be best since you will have a lot of flexibility with gearing.

The 1650kv K6S would be best since you will have a lot of flexibility with gearing.
If you read the OPs original post, the 1650kv Kraton is running 8s. The 1420kv Kraton is running 6s. Unless the OP was mistaken or posted the wrong info.

Not sure if the price is different but a couple things to note. 1) While the Max6 is 8S rated, the 1650 motor isn't. Some have done it occasionally but constant 8S probably isn't a good plan. (on 6S it is plenty fast) 2) The cost of the motors is considerable. Rocket motor is like $62 and the Hobbywing 1650 is like $129. Both will be well powered but if this is a first truck or your newer at this 6S (in either rig) is probably enough until you have a need. These both will be very fast for a new person. Have fun and good luck.

Hurricane

If you read the OPs original post, the 1650kv Kraton is running 8s. The 1420kv Kraton is running 6s. Unless the OP was mistaken or posted the wrong info.
The info is correct.
I get two lipos with the car . 2x6s for the rocket motor or 2x8S for the ezrun 4985
Equal cost? Same price for either? You can run the 8S rig on 6S.....if (2) 4s batteries are included, you can still run 6S with no harm..... otherwise, if you have to buy batteries, then batteries are - generally - less - for 6S rigs than 8S

Gearing ? Are they essentially stock gearing? Same gearing as each other?

Yeah, lots of questions, but...... knowing these things will help the forum help you out better....
Yes both for the same price.
And each car comes with 2 lipos. One car with 2x6S and the other with 2x8S

Gearing aint the biggest problem is guess, its not that expensive should i deside to change it i guess.

If i am not wrong the ezrun combo should or could be much faster. Right?

If the only real difference is the motor/esc, then I think you have your answer.

1650kv 4985 seems to be the most popular choice of power plant for the EXB out of ALL the combos out there.

Run it on 6s with an 18 or 19t pinion and never look back.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back