Typhon Which One would you buy?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was recently in your shoes. I chose the 6S Typhon. I have 6S packs from airplanes and helis, so that was part of it. But I also wanted the metal chassis. So far I am very pleased. Going to swap the radio out for a Futaba (sponsored by them in the airplane world) as well as having a FastEddy bearing set coming. I also swapped out a set of Pro-Line Badlands MX tires. Much better all around.

But do not take that to mean there is anything wrong with it out of the box. Get it. Bash it. Mod as you see fit. Have fun.

I may be in the minority but I find my Typhon to be limiting. It could be the size of the tires, the body style, or maybe I just like the look of trucks more. Yes, I have truggied it and brought it back again. It was gonna to be my speed runner but got bored with that idea when the Infraction came out.
For 6s I would get a Talion first.

I absolutely beat the hell out of my Granite 4x4 BLX and it takes the abuse. I find that I grab the Granite and Big Rock most often when I want a quick blast after work daily. On the weekends, I take out the big ones and the little ones.

If you have to get one of the latest models with the bad radio, you may consider the RadioLink kit. The six channel radio and rx are around $75 and you can use the additional channels for led lights etc that your son would probably enjoy. Additional receivers are dirt cheap. With this radio, you can quickly and easily dial back the throttle wherever you feel comfortable and more precisely than just 50%, 75%, 100%..

Trucks I own and would buy again in new order .....now that I already own them and also related to how often I pick em up to run. Doesn't mean I'm listing what most or lease I like in any way. lol. I'm not mad at anything. lol Just how I wish I would've bought em for personal transitions.
I'm a newb so there's that too. What I actually did do, in order : 1,4,3,5,6,2

1. v3 Talion
2. last year's Granite
3. v3 Notorious
4. last year's Big Rock Crew Cab
5. v3 Typhon
6. v4 Kraton

Hi guy's, I honestly can't thank you enough for all the replies, suggestions and advice. I'm starting to think the kraton 6s maybe the way to go. I will let you all know when I put my order in.

One other thing I'm a complete newbie when it comes to these high performance models. I'm also nervous having to do much work initially in terms of upgrades etc..

Would you guy's mind if I pop in and out over the next while to get a bit of help and advice when the car arrives??

By the way I'm from Northern Ireland, I was just wondering where there any other members from here also?

Thanks again to you all

Tony

I was stuck with the same question about half a year ago.. After reading loads of stugg here.. I bought a 6s Typhon.. And im glad to.. I wrecked the steering servo.. And a front shock.. But the shock was deff driver error.. Wouldnt have happened.. Did some upgrades to it.. But only bearings needed to be done to keep it running..

Id buy any 6s over a 3s in a heartbeat if i had to do it over again!

Just get yourself familiar with whatever truck you buy.. As long as you can think straight.. It really isnt rocketscience.. Comes apart.. And goes back the other way around..

If you have questions.. You will find most answers here.. If not.. Shout!

Guys once again thanks for all the help received. On reflection I've decided to buy the best model Arrma do. As my condition has deterioted I've decided to purchase the best available model in the range. I'll start and new thread to reflect this.

Hi guy's, I honestly can't thank you enough for all the replies, suggestions and advice. I'm starting to think the kraton 6s maybe the way to go. I will let you all know when I put my order in.

One other thing I'm a complete newbie when it comes to these high performance models. I'm also nervous having to do much work initially in terms of upgrades etc..

Would you guy's mind if I pop in and out over the next while to get a bit of help and advice when the car arrives??

By the way I'm from Northern Ireland, I was just wondering where there any other members from here also?

Thanks again to you all

Tony
Hi Tony

I'm from Coleraine area in Northern Ireland. I have a V1 Kraton and my Son has a Notorious and a V2 Typhon.

Where do you run your trucks? Always on the lookout for new spots!

Vernon

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back