Outcast Which parts break first on the 2018 Outcast?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pierre

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hey guys,

I just recently got an Outcast - it's amazing. Super impressed.

I'd hate to be stuck on a week-end with broken parts, so I'd like to stock a few spares.
In your experience, what tends to break first?

NB: I haven't broken anything yet despite fairly serious bashing... so maybe the answer is: "nothing" :)?

Thanks!

Hi Pierre!
RJP here...
I'm a complete fng to the hobby class of rcs.
I went to buy a crawler & left with an Outcast, lol!

So, keeping in mind I don't know how to drive it...
And the fact it was well below zero at both times,
I broke the left side lower control arm (A-Arm)
on the first & second time I used it.

I hear the spoiler/wheelie bar mounts break often as well.
I believe RPM makes these,too.
Sorry I'm not more help, I'm only on my first battery charge.

Nobody to blame but me!
In fact, seeing how crazy it was on just one 3s battery, I decided my Redneck
white trash acreage had too many parked car & truck & tire piles lol!,
As obstacles, so I took it out on the road today & had a blast!

Anyway, great help on here, just search or ask!
This is an especially polite & fun informative Forum!
I felt it worthy to become a supporting member!

I replaced my a-Arms with factory parts, there is a left & a right.
Also RPM is said to be a great upgrade, so I have prepurchased
The RPM A-Arms, front uppper & lower, & rear.

My local store never did get any parts for me as requested.
I try buy local, but had to go online to find what I needed.
For the small wrenches required, I used a metric ignition wrench set.

Have a great time with your OutCast Pierre!!
Man, it wheelies forever!!
RJP

Hey guys,

I just recently got an Outcast - it's amazing. Super impressed.

I'd hate to be stuck on a week-end with broken parts, so I'd like to stock a few spares.
In your experience, what tends to break first?

NB: I haven't broken anything yet despite fairly serious bashing... so maybe the answer is: "nothing" :)?

Thanks!

I purchased my Outcast recently as well, two packs in on 6s bare bones stock, I was able to break the front bumper crashing into a huge rock. I upgraded to this bumper and absolutely can vouch for its durability.

https://tboneracing.net/products/10066-tbr-basher-front-bumper-arrma-outcast

A few packs later still on 6s I was able to break the wing but not bad enough to purchase a complete new one just some basic parts stripped one of the screws that kept it in place, overall super solid truck.

After skimming the forum, I was able to dial up the “punch settings” to 9 (all you can go) and the truck is super fast, I’m going to swap to the 16T pinion that came with the truck next and have already purchased new Pro-Line 3.8” Trenchers part # 1160-13.

I purchased mine from Tower Hobbies and since I live in the same state as TH spare parts are readily available and typically have them in hand within a few days.

I’ve definitely not bashed it by jumping huge jumps yet but I’ll definitely taking it for a mud bath soon!

Folks on here are pretty helpful so you can always ask away.

Why on god's earth would you upgrade to a 16t on 6s? You just like overheating things?

As for breakage, we have an older one, but we have not broken alot. I would replace the pinion as arrma pinions are junk and will strip.

The rear swaybar mount on the bulkhead broke off, I don't know if they made that better on the new version. I would just take it off if it breaks personally.

We have bent a couple of shock shafts and broken a couple shock ends and lost springs so I would probably get some shock parts. We also snapped the upper plastic a arm pin mount on the front. Poor design IMHO, not sure if they upgraded that on the version 2. Recently we just broke a front a arm and bent a couple of driveshafts but my son really slammed the truck. Hit a signpost and bounced off and hit a metal mailbox so I wouldn't say that's a normal thing.

The parts I broke on my 2018 outcast in about 15 packs:
  • Bumper, now build my own
  • Several rear wing mounts, now use bullet proof wing mount with turnbuckles, look it up
  • Front and rear lower a arms, upgraded to rpm
  • Shock ends
  • Servo, upgraded to savox 1210g
I've upgraded other items but the above are likely the first to go.

Arrma came with screws that were too short for the wing originally, assuming they fixed that, I can't imagine too much issue with the wing.

Why on god's earth would you upgrade to a 16t on 6s? You just like overheating things?QUOTE]

ummm so one can go faster.... silly question. the only time mine has ever gotten above warm was when I was doing full thottle runs back and forth across a huge field of tall grass for the last ten mins of the run. when I'm doing literally ANYTHING else I don't see heat issues.
QUOTE]

Maybe its cooler where you are, pretty sure it would overheat here, plus more stress. The thing is plenty fast on 6S to the point of being almost uncontrollable. Really no need to gear it up.

Plenty of people run 16T and higher. For me I'm thinking 14T, but as I get better at controlling this vehicle I'm going to explore 16T for the quick responses and lower temps.

Hi Pierre!
RJP here...
I'm a complete fng to the hobby class of rcs.
I went to buy a crawler & left with an Outcast, lol!

So, keeping in mind I don't know how to drive it...
And the fact it was well below zero at both times,
I broke the left side lower control arm (A-Arm)
on the first & second time I used it.

I hear the spoiler/wheelie bar mounts break often as well.
I believe RPM makes these,too.
Sorry I'm not more help, I'm only on my first battery charge.

Nobody to blame but me!
In fact, seeing how crazy it was on just one 3s battery, I decided my Redneck
white trash acreage had too many parked car & truck & tire piles lol!,
As obstacles, so I took it out on the road today & had a blast!

Anyway, great help on here, just search or ask!
This is an especially polite & fun informative Forum!
I felt it worthy to become a supporting member!

I replaced my a-Arms with factory parts, there is a left & a right.
Also RPM is said to be a great upgrade, so I have prepurchased
The RPM A-Arms, front uppper & lower, & rear.

My local store never did get any parts for me as requested.
I try buy local, but had to go online to find what I needed.
For the small wrenches required, I used a metric ignition wrench set.

Have a great time with your OutCast Pierre!!
Man, it wheelies forever!!
RJP
Ive driven my outcast 10 times. Broke 2 eyelets. One on the front left shock and one on the back left shock during the 2nd and 5th run. Bent a steel shock shaft on the front during the eyelet breakage. Broke the front bumper off on the 4th run. Replaced all that. Stripped the screws out of the wing on the 7th run fixed that with bigger beefier screws and kept the wing. 10Th run just finished and popped a tire on the back. So its an expensive toy. Easy to fix but costly repairs for such little enjoyment. Kinda peeved tbh. Havnt even grabbed air with the thing just normal driving no rough terrain just a simple harsh turn and cartwheel will destroy the eyelet it seems even on grass

I purchased my Outcast recently as well, two packs in on 6s bare bones stock, I was able to break the front bumper crashing into a huge rock. I upgraded to this bumper and absolutely can vouch for its durability.

https://tboneracing.net/products/10066-tbr-basher-front-bumper-arrma-outcast

A few packs later still on 6s I was able to break the wing but not bad enough to purchase a complete new one just some basic parts stripped one of the screws that kept it in place, overall super solid truck.

After skimming the forum, I was able to dial up the “punch settings” to 9 (all you can go) and the truck is super fast, I’m going to swap to the 16T pinion that came with the truck next and have already purchased new Pro-Line 3.8” Trenchers part # 1160-13.

I purchased mine from Tower Hobbies and since I live in the same state as TH spare parts are readily available and typically have them in hand within a few days.

I’ve definitely not bashed it by jumping huge jumps yet but I’ll definitely taking it for a mud bath soon!

Folks on here are pretty helpful so you can always ask away.

Do you have 2018, newest version? I had that front bumper on order and tbr told me he wasn’t sure if it would fit.

Do you have 2018, newest version? I had that front bumper on order and tbr told me he wasn’t sure if it would fit.
Yes sir the new version. I purchased mine from the local hobby shop in my hometown of huntsville alabama part no. Was ar320363. Inexpensive fixes but a pain lol

93E62106-496F-4F4E-B9BC-EE1FA7F8471D.jpeg
B2088404-B6B0-434D-82AB-12B5F8AB7B6A.jpeg
6951F1E3-6D2B-49CC-9A18-FA47B9F53991.jpeg
4CD84BAF-3CB3-459A-910C-A17F0389C3CB.jpeg
3B610480-BB9B-404F-967A-89BA6484E704.jpeg

Yes I have the 2018 version, the TBR bumper does fit. Pics included, it’s super strong and install is easy enough that you don’t need instructions.

Have a 16t pinion on my outcast run 4s and 6s and have very little breakage. The things I keep breaking are he wing mounts! With the turnbuckle mod it helps alot! And I feel the stock wing mount is stronger then the rpm! I've broken rpm stock and tbone racing but the stock one will take a bearing with the enforcement. I burnt up a fan on the each also but that's a super cheap fix.. I bought the 18 version the week it came out and still have stock diffs and the pinion out of the box. Get a different servo as well as the stock one is alright but soft gears inside! I also had issues with my rear body posts but I just swapped out to the longer ones included when I got a new body and haven't had an issue with them yet.

View attachment 15959 View attachment 15960 View attachment 15961 View attachment 15962 View attachment 15963

Yes I have the 2018 version, the TBR bumper does fit. Pics included, it’s super strong and install is easy enough that you don’t need instructions.
That is really nice let us know how it holds up. I am about to have to do maintenance on my drive shafts and diffs ill be on my 12th run tomorrow if i get new tires since i already blew one. Was driving to fast i guess. Im just learning .finding out so much about lipo batteries too like wowwwww alot ofmdetail to those things make sure u charge them right don't leave them fully charged longer than a day or two store them at 3.8 volts for max life .

Try putting vent holes in your new tires, I think it helps with expansion.
Just 2 holes in each tire 180 deg apart.

Just got a Notorious and on my first run I popped off this control arm. It snapped back on but popped a 2nd time. car runs great, but is this common?

Attachments

• 20190222_170040.jpg
    20190222_170040.jpg
    478.8 KB · Views: 70
Just got a Notorious and on my first run I popped off this control arm. It snapped back on but popped a 2nd time. car runs great, but is this common?
Yes. When jumping. You can put an e clip on to keep that from happening. What size? No clue. I bought a bunch and tried them until I found one that fit.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back