Outcast Which program card

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skinso

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
  2. Outcast 6s
Which program card works on the outcast? I've 3 different types at home and hoping I don't need a 4th
IMG_20170107_144925_zpsgplmsu1c.jpg

The one on the left and right should work,not the center one.Use the table from the manual when you program.

The 1 on the right is for the max8. The layout of the left and right cards are different. I'll give the manual a look over and check which 1 suits (never thought of that)

The one on the right worked for me. At least the one I used looks like the one on the right. I have all 3 I believe

Yes but only one of my 3 would connect to the ESC. I tried all 3 of then thinking it didn't matter and the one on the right was the only one I could get to work

Just ease of programming no more features, just keeps u from having to count beeps

Yes just ease of programming. Going by the manual there is only 4 different adjustments, look at the old hobbywing card on the left, it has 12 different adjustments, you would think the newer ESC would have the same if not more adjustment features

Yes just ease of programming. Going by the manual there is only 4 different adjustments, look at the old hobbywing card on the left, it has 12 different adjustments, you would think the newer ESC would have the same if not more adjustment features
Arrma put "special" programing for their HW esc's,they limited bec output and got rid of alot of features.I like my Max8 much better than stock.

Most importantly for me is you can run a 5s lipo where the stock one can't. There are other features and when I make my way to the basement I'll get back with you on them

Oh great! I think it's really good idea to have an ESC that allows a flexible power system.

It's a good way to fine tune the speed and handling characteristics. 6S is triple backflip, speed-run lift off, component breaking quality.

Flexibility can be done through software/firmware?
An ESC than can go from 2S, 3S, 4S, 5S, 6S can make an RC suitable from beginners through to expert drivers.

The manufacturers want you to buy and buy again. New RCs with decade old technology eg. brushed motor systems, NiMH batteries etc All to limit the speed of your RC to get you to "buy your first RC"
Add to that continually breaking plastic parts and endless hop-ups and they get you locked into
continual upgrade path. I won't name any manufacturers, but its great way for them to take your money.

I'm new to the hobby, but to my fresh eyes that's how it appears to me.

Before you know it you've got half a dozen RCs or more, and piles of spares. All when you could have bought a state of the art machine, Made In USA (or insert local country here) and kept the of jobs in your country.

The poor man pays twice- first he buys something with what he can afford, then again to get what he really wants.

Most importantly for me is you can run a 5s lipo where the stock one can't. There are other features and when I make my way to the basement I'll get back with you on them

Last edited:
.....Hm,.... most of the RC.Parts are made in Asia. Also US Consumables like for example Apple Phones.
So you will do not have so much choice except small companies in you're county....

The max8 was bought for a mt410 that I don't have yet but very tempted to get. I've just got the outcast and I'm very happy with the electrics especially the servo, finding it really strong

"Way better" and "much better"?

What does it offer over the stock ESC?
Looking at my max 8 program and the outcast manual, the max 8 has adjustable BEC voltage, reverse strength, drag brake, ability to set lipo cell count, adjustable cutoff voltage, adjustable thermal shutdown. That's alot of extra features that arrma had cut out

I don't understand why they neuter these esc with factory programming that you can't change. At least ARRMA set it up properly. I've seen some dynamite programmed hobbywing stuff that is literally trash. They bump up the punch super high, talk about breaking stuff!!! The cool thing about fully programable stuff is you can set things like cutoff voltage, current etc that can help make the RC more kid friendly. You simply don't give the trasmitteright I junior to 6S 10lb truck w/o a backup plan... That's one thing Traxxas does well. With the beginner mode.

I don't understand why they neuter these esc with factory programming that you can't change. At least ARRMA set it up properly. I've seen some dynamite programmed hobbywing stuff that is literally trash. They bump up the punch super high, talk about breaking stuff!!! The cool thing about fully programable stuff is you can set things like cutoff voltage, current etc that can help make the RC more kid friendly. You simply don't give the trasmitteright I junior to 6S 10lb truck w/o a backup plan... That's one thing Traxxas does well. With the beginner mode.
I really like Traxxas and there beginner mode. I also run a flysky gt3c, it has adjustable throttle end points so u can set it up to only give 50% or however lil u want them to have

With the limited program options on the Arrma ESCs it's not really worth the time to use program cards, just count the beeps.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back