Raider Which Raider should I get?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davidmbailey

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Raider
Hello all. I’m about to buy my first Raider. My problem is which one?

I am NOT going to race. Just backyard run on grass, dirt and wood chips. I wear glasses and can’t see a real long ways so I don’t think I need super fast but don’t want to get something I have to upgrade or replace in three months.

The brushless one seems great but as I am a newbie, and it is pretty expensive I’m scared to over spend.
The XL Mega seems nice but share a lot of the same specs as the lowest one.
The base line seems okay but nervous if it is a crud Mobile. My RC experience up to this point is a WLToys 12428.

Any advice which model I should get?

Thanks!
I went with the brushless. So far she is really sweet. eBay ad says it was new... uh, no, but not is BAD shape. So I have already Teflon tape and refilled shocks with oil. Tires are really worn so I'm looking for off road tires now. Probably aluminum shocks. But sweet as pie so far!

Last edited:
Hi

If I am not mistaken the 1/10 Raiders are going to be discounted, witch will leave only the 1/8 scale XL's to choose from.

Here are the differences between the two. Both require 4 AA's for the Radio, I would recommend getting 4 enloop batteries and charger for $20.

Raider XL Mega comes with the brushed system, a 2000mah NI-MH battery and charger, non-adjustable plastic turnbuckles, plastic front skid plate, and the ADS-5 servo for steering,

Raider XL BLX comes with the brushless system, NO battery or charger, adjustable turnbuckles, aluminum front skid plate, and the ADS-7M servo for steering.

Personally I would go with the Mega, if you get the BLX you will have spend almost $100 on a battery and charger.

Of course if you could find the OLDER Raider XL BLX then I would say get that, unfortunately there hard to find new in the box now a days.

Last edited:
If I were you I would spend the extra $ and get the XL BLX. I would not buy an RC car that has non-adjustable turnbuckles. That is the first thing that I had to do when I got my Raider is adjust the turnbuckles. Otherwise you are just going to wear out your tires faster and the steering will be crappy. For a newbie you are going to want as precise of steering as possible. It will be no fun when your RC does not track where you want it to go. Grass, dirt and wood chips are some of the worst driving conditions. You will need good steering for these.

The price of the XL BLX is very reasonable for what you get in my opinion. Make the investment in a good LIPO charger you will have around for years to come when you move up to other RC's. Most charge NICD & NIMH batteries too. You can run any of these in the XL: Battery: 2S or 3S LiPo battery or 6 or 7 cell NiMH stick pack.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back