Kraton Which servo mount?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JHB

Military Veteran
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
I'm putting an upgrade list together for my v3 Kraton 6S, and an Al servo mount is high on the list. I'm currently running the stock servo, and plan to do so until it eats itself up; at that point I'll probably go with the often-recommended Savox 1210SG. Do I need a "tall" servo mount for the Savox?

Not sure about the Savox because I use JX CLS-HV7346 on 6s
But if you get a new mount, the Voltage is what I love most because solid, sexy and brand loyalty ...and the Hot Racing works fine as well. There are other new ones out that appear excellent too.
Sorry can't comment on the Savox but +1 on the new aluminum servo mount.

Also, that JX drops right in. I never change until I ruin the stock stuff. So far, I'm impressed with stock arrma servo but maybe I don't beat my trucks as much as others. I'm certainly in the minority.

I have the Voltage mount on my 6s.
Well made, looks great and matches my other alloy parts. There are other well made brands like mentioned above.

i can only speak about the GKA servo mount as i have one for my outcast. you can use the "standard fit" if you add in spacers between the servo and the servo mount. if you don't want to use spacers, then get the "taller fit."

i can only speak about the GKA servo mount as i have one for my outcast. you can use the "standard fit" if you add in spacers between the servo and the servo mount. if you don't want to use spacers, then get the "taller fit."
I would get the standard and use spacers, because this will allow you to better fit other optional servos down the road. You may change to a servo that is not tall. The Sav. 1210 is tall. But most others are not as tall. Your call.
BTW, the Sav1210sg gave me issues. Have 2 of them. Many like it. It is very popular. But out of two 1210's, one was junk out the box. Defects happen. I just don't like Savox warranty dept. But I like the Sav. 1256 better. Its on my Tekno MT. Much faster. I use the HR servo mount with Avid carbon fiber spacers. But any spacers are fine. Spacers are spacers. LOl.

I have the HR using standard size servos, and it is pretty flawless. It comes with the optional spacers necessary if you choose to use a taller servo. The stock servo will last a little longer if you set your end points correctly, but it's definitely lacking in power. It all depends on your expectations of performance. Many have run stock for years without issue, others have had them fail almost immediately. Driving style and abuse will be your determining factors.

I have the HR using standard size servos, and it is pretty flawless. It comes with the optional spacers necessary if you choose to use a taller servo. The stock servo will last a little longer if you set your end points correctly, but it's definitely lacking in power. It all depends on your expectations of performance. Many have run stock for years without issue, others have had them fail almost immediately. Driving style and abuse will be your determining factors.
I agree completely. The Endpoints out of the box are extreme. That's the main cause of the OE servo failing early on. Slightly underpowered and way too slow for me. But it does last. Alum. servo mount is probably the most important first upgrade regardless of whether you keep the OE servo or not. My Noto. is still using 15ADM OE servo. But my Kraton twisted the gear train on that OE servo.

Pretty much all of the aluminum servo mounts will be better than the stock one. Will you be able to tell the difference between them once they are installed probably not.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back