Which should i get? SMC vs CNHL vs Zeee

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a pair of 4s CNHL 120c 8000mah packs that I bought to use in my k8s. I've recently just discovered that these packs aren't really up to the task. Whenever I jam the throttle from a dead stop to try and wheelie, I will only pull it off maybe 40% of the time. The truck raises off the ground just a little and chokes like it's starved for power.

It took me some troubleshooting to figure out it was the batteries. Originally, I thought it was my motor wires or something. I put in my yowoo 100c 6000mah graphenes and I had zero problems and was able to pull off wheelies til the end of the pack.

Maybe my tp 5670 1270kv is too much for them to handle?
If everything else remains the same except the batteries then you have a pretty clear answer it sounds like to me....

Between the three choices, I'd say get Zeee. They have AMAZING customer service and great warranties. I find both Zeee and HRB to be effective and within their stated specs. But what sets them apart if their commitment to happy customers.

Buy whatever floats your boat. Because in the end it is your wallet and what works for others may not work for you.
I rarely if ever recommend a lipo to anyone. They can all be a mixed bag. No matter the price or brand. Generally you pay for what you get. And for bashers cheaper will suffice. In theory, expensive well known lipos have Grade A cells that are well matched during mfr'ing. What you are paying for. Cheap lipos have sub par grade cells from random batches. So, to some extent, you pay for what you get. But still a guess as to what you end up with.:unsure:
Once you get a few lipos under your belt. You will decide what to buy from there. Care and feeding of your lipos is most important here. User error will ruin any lipo. And many will blame the lipo/brand.(n)(n):unsure:
I can only say, don't buy the Spektrum Smart lipos. They are a rip off. The whole Smart Eco thing and all.
Of all 17 lipos, this is what I have.

-Ace of Gens (Mix of Hard case and soft case.)
-Tattu
( made by Ace of Gens) My Crawlers
-CNHL 4s (My TLRT) Hard case.
-Yoowoos ....Speed run with them.
-HRB (made by Yoowoos)
-Zeee
-KCRTek
-Dynamite
>Garbage IMHO. Yet many like them. Budget stuff. Hard case

BTW, I am not necessarily partial to Hard case or Soft case Lipos. Whatever fits my rig is good for me. I can't say one is better than the other.

Last edited:
Because in the end it is your wallet and what works for others may not work for you.
Exactly this. I ended up going with a set of Hoovo's, not based on performance, but because they were on sale for $50 for the pair! I'm not in the position where money is no option. At least not yet :cool:

On my Kraton 6s I run both Spektrum 4s 5000mAh 100C batteries and CNHL 6s 5200mAh 90C batteries. I wanted to start out with 4s, and the Spektrum batteries were all my local "Mom and Pop" RC shop had in stock. I purchased the CNHL 6s batteries after I installed the Castle MMX 8s/1650kv system in my Kraton. Both the CNHL and the Spektrum batteries have been great, but If I had it to do all over again, I would have skipped 4s and gone directly to 6s.

I have multiple Zeee batteries in 2s and 3s, and some of them have two or more years of use. They have been great batteries, and I would recommend the Zeee brand to anyone.

I've become a fan of the Zeee. Nice variety of sizes and power output to suit my needs and driving style. Plus they're priced pretty good. I also have a MaxAmps battery and though a cell went bad they are very good. Superb customer service with them too as they replaced the battery very quickly free of charge (they have a lifetime warranty). Problem is they are quite pricey and for some the price isn't justifiable. I've run some PowerHobby too. They're good if size and weight are an issue but they lack some in the output department. They hold up well though. I also have an Ovonic which I'm surprised how good it is considering the relatively good price. I also have some Gens spammer 3S 8000mah that use in combo to make 6S. They last LONG but are probably the heaviest batteries I've got especially when using 2 of them to make 6S. Plus they're harder to fit into the stock battery tray.

I only run 6S and all my batteries are 100c/5000mah minimum. My Zeees are 6000 and 7000mah. The Ovonic is 6500mah and the MaxAmps is a 5450mah. The PowerHobby claims 130c (6000mah) but really don't feel like it (I'd say they're about 80 to 90c in reality...which ain't bad). I've had pretty good luck with my lipos to this point and I'd recommend alll the brands I mentioned above. You just have to find what fits you for what you're trying to do.

I like the specktrum smart batteries little pricey but have a 1 year replacement on them . I walk in to my hobby shop and they will give me a brand new one if mine goes bad within the 1st year
Have you ever tried other brand lipos for comparison to your Smart Lipos?
Or do you like Smart Lipos just because they are the only ones you've ever had?

The very high price you are paying for is just factored in to offset the 1 yr warranty replacement. And many fail before and after the warranty period.
Smart Lipo's have a limited selection to choose from.
And their price does not reflect any advantage in performance or QC over Dumb lipos out there.
To me, Smart lipo's are just HH's older Dynamite line brand cheap "dumb" lipo's, that have Smart BattGo chips inside. Which is the common fail point.
And Smart lipo's C ratings are not all that considering their price point. The C rating is what separates the men from the boys with lipo's.
SMC Dumb lipos are also pricey. Just with better performance and also a 1 yr warranty.
And if you crash damage an SMC lipo (User's fault), they will sell you a new one for 30% off the retail price. During warranty period.
Just Info for others before considering Smart lipo's.

Last edited:
I have the SMC DV extreme 135c 5200mah

Power output is phenomenal but they are heavy.

The racing batteries i have are 6000mah and 100gr lighter
I have the SMC DV extreme 135c 5200mah

Power output is phenomenal but they are heavy.

The racing batteries i have are 6000mah and 100gr lighter,
The good stuff for sure. Wallet permitting.:giggle:

The very high price you are paying for is just factored in to offset the 1 yr warranty replacement. And many fail before and after the warranty period.
And their price does not reflect any advantage in performance or QC over Dumb lipos out there.
To me, Smart lipo's are just HH's older Dynamite line brand cheap "dumb" lipo's, that have Smart BattGo chips inside. Which is the common fail point.
And Smart lipo's C ratings are not all that considering their price point. The C rating is what separates the men from the boys with lipo's.
SMC Dumb lipos are also pricey. Just with better performance and also a 1 yr warranty.
And if you crash damage an SMC lipo (User's fault), they will sell you a new one for 30% off the retail price. During warranty period.

Thats good about the user fault warranty . I’ll Deff try out the SMCs

Nice to hear Danny changed his warrantee policy. His old policy was One Year free replacement for mfgr defects, but any failed lipo was obviously user error, so no warrantee for you! 30% off is something, I guess, but when 2 lipos bought at the same time both puff inside of a half dozen runs, it is hard to call that user error. But anyway, Yea!, now I can spend $70 to replace two new batteries that I just spent $100 on. What a deal....

Thing about Zeee is they will refund/replace even for user error. Hell, they refunded me without me asking and clearly stating my fault for a brownout and fire. I just wanted 4S hardcase options to buy.
Thread 'WTF HAPPENED' https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/wtf-happened.43414/
I am a huge fan of Zeee. I went for the first run on my Outcast and holy crap. It would pull wheelies when I gunned it from 85% power. I have the 3s 5200mah 80c ones. 4 of them to be exact. Hard case and fit perfectly. No room to move.
I have the same ones for my crawler and Lil Sent. The 2S's are for my son's TRX4

16497396094633831126989687584596.jpg

Hrb>>>zeee in my book. 2/3 3s hardcasee zee died after positive tap got ripped off even if i tried to limit the movement of the positive wire. My soft case hrbs still going strong after almost 2 years internal resistance also perfect
These also tons of dead space on the 3s hardcase zeee. Like why? They put a tiny bit of foam under the third cell still case super squishy. i believe a factor on the failures of mine

For me my favorite batteries are liperior. They have great prices and quality is good. The only problem is that they have different sizes, and some of them are bigger than other brands with that capacity and cell count. I would suggest always to check battery size and make sure it will fit.
My least favorite batteries are lectron pro. I got 2 of them included in used cars I bought. No punch, run very hot.

I like the specktrum smart batteries little pricey but have a 1 year replacement on them . I walk in to my hobby shop and they will give me a brand new one if mine goes bad within the 1st year
I've had three 3S 50C 5000mah smart packs replaced now under warranty for a single cell crapping out causing an early LVC. Having six packs for the price of two (one of the replacements failed too) is nice, but come on, they cost over twice as much. Now it's time to shop for 4S packs. I think I'm going to bail on "SMART" and lean more towards "cheap and reliable" Zeee it is!

I'm surprised so many people in here likes Zee tbh lol. I mean they "work" but holy poop they're cheap as balls and the performance matches. My 100c 7000mah Zees are garbage compared to everything else I've used. Have people just not compared them to anything else? Even Sockin is a lot better than Zee and they are like similar prices.

For reference on why I like Zee, see the pics.
Battery on top burned for over 30 minutes. Battery underneath was scorched yet still functional(disposed of anyways)
For soft packs, this has GOT to be great. Even better, Zeee refunded them without me asking.
20210901_000610.jpg
20210901_000344.jpg
20210901_141707.jpg

20210831_235759.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back