Which should i get? SMC vs CNHL vs Zeee

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you haven't yet, I'd wait to see the new 2022 mid-year chart before pulling the trigger on new batteries. Was reading through the chart thread earlier this week and they were discussing how most if not all of the brands have dropped in quality even some of the true top tier brands.
yeah I think I was reading the same forum post about it. Are you referring to this one? Seems like for the price and performance the Socokin are pretty good.

I think this is the most up to date 2022 numbers.

Zeee 6s packs give me 20-30 minute run times with a discharge capacity roughly equal to the rated capacity, a discharge curve well optimized to R/C car loads and default LVC settings, enough power to violently flip a Kraton on its roof even with punch set conservatively, 50-55mph top speed, and the lowest cost available to me for a single 6s battery. I don't know what more I'd want, really, other than better resistance to degradation caused by forces experienced during bashing, or magically shorter charging times, which you can't get with any LiPo, because these are fundamental weaknesses of the technology.

I started running R/Cs in the early 00s so it's not like I'm a n00b who has yet to conceive of what I'm missing out on. Plenty of performance and punch for me - more would only increase wear and tear on the car - and the issues I have with these batteries are more general properties of LiPos and wouldn't be solved by switching to something more expensive or more troublesome to acquire.

I guess I'm just not psychologically oriented toward wanting the most, the best, pushing things to their limits and needing more and more stimulation over time to feel sated. I'm satisfied with Zeee and will probably buy more when my current ones are ready to recycle.

I have used yoowoo under another name. My pair of Youme's came in a YooWoo box. And can state they were aweful.
Honestly though? I think pretty much all of the Amazon cheapie batteries are made by the same company, just rebranded. Possibly even sold off in lots depending on quality and just a sticker slapped on differentiates it as another brand.
Since I no longer own those crappy batteries, here's proof from a year and half ago:
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/project-100mph-notorious.31988/post-474590
Just to clarify, me saying Zeee has been consistent isn't me saying they came as advertised. Yes they were under stated MaHs, yet not enough for me to scream about it. The Youme's were WAAAY under the stated specs. And crap to boot. I'm not sure how long they lasted until they started swelling, but for sure no where near as long as my HRBs or Zeee.
I don't know what youme is but HRB is made by Yowoo. I'm confident in saying Youme and Yowoo are not the same thing. I feel confident in saying that because my yowoo batteries are literally better than everything else I own and it's not even close. I mean it's instantly noticeable as soon as I hit the throttle. I'm wondering if you bought your batts from Amazon? Maybe you got a returned item or something.

There is also an obvious quality improvement between the brands. Yowoo graphenes are bigger and weigh a helluva lot more than a Zeee or sockin.

I dunno but I have 4s and 6s yowoo graphenes and they're all amazing. I couldn't even wheelie with my yowoo in the outcast last night because I got used to using it with the sockin. I just kept flipping over on my lid all night because of the increased power. :ROFLMAO:
Zeee 6s packs give me 20-30 minute run times with a discharge capacity roughly equal to the rated capacity, a discharge curve well optimized to R/C car loads and default LVC settings, enough power to violently flip a Kraton on its roof even with punch set conservatively, 50-55mph top speed, and the lowest cost available to me for a single 6s battery. I don't know what more I'd want, really, other than better resistance to degradation caused by forces experienced during bashing, or magically shorter charging times, which you can't get with any LiPo, because these are fundamental weaknesses of the technology.

I started running R/Cs in the early 00s so it's not like I'm a n00b who has yet to conceive of what I'm missing out on. Plenty of performance and punch for me - more would only increase wear and tear on the car - and the issues I have with these batteries are more general properties of LiPos and wouldn't be solved by switching to something more expensive or more troublesome to acquire.

I guess I'm just not psychologically oriented toward wanting the most, the best, pushing things to their limits and needing more and more stimulation over time to feel sated. I'm satisfied with Zeee and will probably buy more when my current ones are ready to recycle.
I bet you just love stock electronics 🤣

Last edited:
I don't know what youme is but HRB is made by Yowoo. I'm confident in saying Youme and Yowoo are not the same thing. I feel confident in saying that because my yowoo batteries are literally better than everything else I own and it's not even close. I mean it's instantly noticeable as soon as I hit the throttle. I'm wondering if you bought your batts from Amazon? Maybe you got a returned item or something.

There is also an obvious quality improvement between the brands. Yowoo graphenes are bigger and weigh a helluva lot more than a Zeee or sockin.

I dunno but I have 4s and 6s yowoo graphenes and they're all amazing. I couldn't even wheelie with my yowoo in the outcast last night because I got used to using it with the sockin. I just kept flipping over on my lid all night because of the increased power. :ROFLMAO:

HRB isn't made by Yowoo. They are made by YooWoo. See my pic and look at bottom of the HRB battery. Youme is also made by Yoowoo. And im willing to bet your Yowoo is made by Yoowoo.
But the main point is, I bet my bottom dollar all these brands are made in the same factory.

@PeighDay Yes that thread, but somewhere in the high 400-page range.

@Moirae I was gonna pick on them by saying that sounds an awful lot like a scripted promotion by marketing. Because phasing a sentence like:
a discharge curve well optimized to R/C car loads and default LVC settings
I mean if @Synchronicity has a datalog of the discharge to show that it matches or is similar then okay. Also, I won't trash talk Zeee packs, I bought 4 last year when I got back into RC and they've met their intended purpose. Even though I only run one "pack" now, since I run on 4s and not 2s and one of the four 2s packs I bought got damaged in a crash and I just have not repaired it yet.

@Greengaunja Actually, I think the number of cell manufacturers that the RC industry uses is actually down to about two maybe three, and all of the brands we see just pick one and slap their sticker on it.

In general, I can remember people hating on MaxAmps since 2008 surprised they are still in business.

I don't 'love' them, but they work fine with a cooling upgrade and a few settings tweaks. I'm not into speed running or standing backflips so a Castle system seems a bad value proposition when I can buy stock electronics for a fraction of the cost from people who dislike and want to replace them because they're told they have to.

I ran/raced nitro for a long time, and Spektrum electronics with cheap 6s batteries can exceed the performance of even a strong modded engine/pipe combo, which was already an excess of power in a 1/8 scale car under most circumstances. I have a difficult time relating to people who feel they need even more power on tap in a car that's substantially overpowered out of the box, but I accept that this is how some are wired, and I'm annoyed by elitists on R/C forums who shame others for being content with stock setups. Not all of us want to spend 5 figures per year on a hobby and have performance capabilities we'll never make good use of.

But the main point is, I bet my bottom dollar all these brands are made in the same factory.

You're very likely correct. There are only a handful factories making LiPo cells, and the main differences you'll see across brands are related to cell binning and matching. There's a lot of variance in the quality of cells within a batch, and the better packs will usually be built from cells picked and matched based on high capacity and low IR. This also means there will be a lot of variance within the brands that don't keep tight standards, so a good or bad experience with a particular brand may not be representative of the average quality. Could explain why reported experiences with cheap batteries are so mixed.

I mean if @Synchronicity has a datalog of the discharge to show that it matches or is similar then okay.

Only a low continuous current discharge and so probably not representative of usable capacity you'd get in a car with high burst draw, but at ~1.5-1.8C it's right on the nose. By 'well optimized for R/C car loads and default LVC settings' I mean that LVC kicks in when the battery has expended most of its energy, roughly equivalent to 3.6V on the below chart. LVC setting is 3.2V/cell, there's a voltage drop of ~400mV/cell when the car's motor draws high current, and because the curve is shaped the way it is, sustaining a relatively high voltage before dropping off near the end, I'm able to get most of the pack's capacity out during a run.

zeee_6s_5200_discharge.png

Last edited:
Agreed. Kind of like they like they do with CPU and GPU manufacturing. The better the product that came out the faster the chip and the increase in price. When you buy the "budget" lipos you are getting the lower bin of the materials.

Last edited:
HRB isn't made by Yowoo. They are made by YooWoo. See my pic and look at bottom of the HRB battery. Youme is also made by Yoowoo. And im willing to bet your Yowoo is made by Yoowoo.
Yoowoo is not the name, it is misspelled. It is called Yowoo and HRB and Yowoo are made by the same people/factory. I'm not sure where you are getting this information from, but a quick 5 minutes of research can clarify everything. Even the ebay seller is "Yowoohrb"

https://yowoo.en.ecplaza.net/ <--- this should make it clear

Also, HRB graphene and Yowoo battery even have almost exactly the same label, just reversed.

Last edited:
Yoowoo is not the name, it is misspelled. It is called Yowoo and HRB and Yowoo are made by the same people/factory. I'm not sure where you are getting this information from, but a quick 5 minutes of research can clarify everything. Even the ebay seller is "Yowoohrb"

https://yowoo.en.ecplaza.net/ <--- this should make it clear

Also, HRB graphene and Yowoo battery even have almost exactly the same label, just reversed.
The main seller for TP Power on eBay is named R Mamba Brushless. Only shows the name doesn't mean too much.
Since you missed it on my HRB 3s battery, here it is on my HRB 4s batteries:
20220805_162539.jpg

Let's just agree to disagree. We both know that whichever battery on the market is the greatest, there has to be someone out there with a legitimate reason for dis-satisfaction.
Each to their own, I suppose.

The main seller for TP Power on eBay is named R Mamba Brushless. Only shows the name doesn't mean too much.
Since you missed it on my HRB 3s battery, here it is on my HRB 4s batteries:View attachment 234133
Let's just agree to disagree. We both know that whichever battery on the market is the greatest, there has to be someone out there with a legitimate reason for dis-satisfaction.
Each to their own, I suppose.
Bro what are you talking about? R mamba is the official TP power distributor for EBAY. You keep showing me a battery that says yoowooo.com. I already told you they misspelled it. They are from china, chinese sellers misspell stuff all the time. Have you even tried to go to the website? it doesn't exist!! It doesn't exist for a reason, because it's not the real name!!!

I literally linked you to a website with the company's name and the same company selling HRB batteries.

1659744556232.png

1659745072784.png

How can you possibly continue to argue against this? its right there for you to see, "Yowoo" with HRB.

At the bottom of the website it clearly states

"The company covers more than 30,000 square meters including office and factory, and has three brands: HRB,YouMe Power and Yowoo. Now HRB,YouMe and Yowoo brands are popular around the world"

It even looks like you were right about Youme being connected to Yowoo. I was ignorant on that one, but you need to learn how to admit when you're wrong bro. It's not that hard, I just did it.

Again, There is no such thing as "Yoowooo" or whatever. It is Yowoo, obviously they misspelled the word and I've just showed you proof that the company Shenzhen Yowoo Electronic Technology LTD owns HRB, Yowoo, and Youme!!!

Feels like I'm in freaking bizzaro world and I'm being trolled.

Bro what are you talking about? R mamba is the official TP power distributor for EBAY. You keep showing me a battery that says yoowooo.com. I already told you they misspelled it. They are from china, chinese sellers misspell stuff all the time. Have you even tried to go to the website? it doesn't exist!! It doesn't exist for a reason, because it's not the real name!!!

I literally linked you to a website with the company's name and the same company selling HRB batteries.

View attachment 234172

View attachment 234173
How can you possibly continue to argue against this? its right there for you to see, "Yowoo" with HRB.

At the bottom of the website it clearly states

"The company covers more than 30,000 square meters including office and factory, and has three brands: HRB,YouMe Power and Yowoo. Now HRB,YouMe and Yowoo brands are popular around the world"

It even looks like you were right about Youme being connected to Yowoo. I was ignorant on that one, but you need to learn how to admit when you're wrong bro. It's not that hard, I just did it.

Again, There is no such thing as "Yoowooo" or whatever. It is Yowoo, obviously they misspelled the word and I've just showed you proof that the company Shenzhen Yowoo Electronic Technology LTD owns HRB, Yowoo, and Youme!!!

Feels like I'm in freaking bizzaro world and I'm being trolled.
Lord Thunderin' Jesus, you "bla bla" and then I "bla bla bla" to which others add a "bla" or two and now we are both "bla-ing" solely for the purpose of seeing whose "bla" out "blas" the other's "bla".
Let us "bla" no more. Lol

Good grief this thread got a little crazy for a bit. In a way though, thats okay. I like to see people's positions on stuff even if though differs from mine. And it's nice to see passion about RC.

I'm glad I've tried new brands. I've had turnigy, SMC, zeee, hoovo, protek. I only wish I could try more. Wouldn't be able to see what I've liked more and what I've liked less if i stuck with the same brand all the time. I'd still like to try Yowoo, CNHL, Socokin, G-ace and maybe powerhobby as well. My first 6s pack will probably be a turnigy HD, which I'm stoked to try eventually.

Unless you're speed running, I can't imagine why getting the top dollar batteries would be the best buy in a car that gets jumped, bashed, flipped, rolled and likely crashed. Need more punch? Up your punch level on the esc. Still need more punch? Upgrade your gear to handle higher voltage and get cheapo higher voltage batteries. My experience has been that higher priced batteries with higher C ratings are never good value in the long run, even if they give you more punch. Trying to squeeze more amps at any given voltage will give you diminishing returns every time.

I am not the best for advice on bashers, but one thing I noticed is some of the mid grade batteries like Zee seem to last really well and may be better suited for bashers unless you are looking for peak performance. Generally I think of drag and speed runners who need/want that peak performance.

Ideally for a basher you really want a hard case lipo (y)

I did want to share with you that the 120c CNHL LiPos do not perform as well as the 70c G+ series. The C ratings are all bogus unless you reference a real test.

This data is now old but some good info here. I have always like the Turnigy HD 60c and like to stick with 5000 mAh to keep the weight down.
Check the battery name on the left against the real C value tested on the far right (2021 list):

View attachment 210546

I wonder if there is a new updated version for 2023

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back