Kraton Which version?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

irondog

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi all, this is my first post so hello to everyone!
I am planing to buy a used Kraton 6S and join the group and I was guessing which version is the one I am looking at, I am posting it (sorry for the low resolution, that's what I have right now...).
Please help me understand the version and maybe give me some advise on it.... thanks!

kraton vx.jpg

Thank you guys, differences with the V5?:unsure:
New designed towers and slightly longer rear shocks.. beefier arms, safe D output cups(not worth having in my opinion), ribbed chassis for extra bendage protection.. they beefed up the hinge pin blocks in the rear a bit.. spectrum electronics and all sealed bearings throughout.

I think that about sums it up.. if you can get a good deal on a v4 and your gonna go through and refresh it anyways it’s doesn’t really matter 🤷🏻‍♂️

Thank you guys, differences with the V5?:unsure:
The V5 had Spektrum electronics nobody really wants.😂.
If the price of the V4 is good I’d go with that one and replace the suspension arms with the (little) beefier suspension arms if you break them.
Neither the V5 nor V4 had aluminium chassis braces which would be a nice upgrade.

The V5 had Spektrum electronics nobody really wants.😂.
If the price of the V4 is good I’d go with that one and replace the suspension arms with the (little) beefier suspension arms if you break them.
Neither the V5 nor V4 had aluminium chassis braces which would be a nice upgrade.
I don't think you can just do the a arms as the suspension geometry is different. I tried just the V5 shock towers with the V1 a arms and the droop screws wouldn't even touch the chassis. I am pretty sure that you need both the a arms and the shock towers at the same time.

V1 Rpm a arms VS V5 a arms.
received_1244026549488606.jpeg

V1 shock tower VS V5 shock tower.

received_671112657757170.jpeg

I can find out for sure when I get home from work today.

Last edited:
I don't think you can just do the a arms as the suspension geometry is different. I tried just the V5 shock towers with the V1 a arms and the droop screws wouldn't even touch the chassis. I am pretty sure that you need both the a arms and the shock towers at the same time.

View attachment 259604

View attachment 259605
Good point👍. Maybe not the best solution, but wouldn’t a longer droop screw do the trick?

View attachment 259604

View attachment 259605

I can find out for sure when I get home from work today.
The rears don’t work, but the fronts do. But the rears absolutely won’t work.. droop all wrong, chassis doesn’t have the droop ears like the v4 does.

The rears don’t work, but the fronts do. But the rears absolutely won’t work.. droop all wrong, chassis doesn’t have the droop ears like the v4 does.
Don't the arms hit the chassis? Or is that if you try to use V1 arms on a V5 chassis?

Yep you’re right I had it backwards. 🤦🏻‍♂️ .. that’ll learn me for posting at 4 in the morning 😂🤣
Oh I'm not 100%sure on that, I thought I remember reading someone post about it but I could be wrong.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back