While waiting..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wenander

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Should i do a storing charge for my battery or chill and do real charge just before getting out and drive.. Its brand new and im not going to try my new kraton until I shim the diffs in a few days

Should i do a storing charge for my battery or chill and do real charge just before getting out and drive.. Its brand new and im not going to try my new kraton until I shim the diffs in a few days

I would do a storage charge.

You can get a tester for a couple bucks and it is well worth having. You will be able to test and see if your batteries are already at storage voltage. They probably are if you have not charged them but you won't know until you check them. The answer to your question is yes they should be in storage mode then charged before you use them.

But the charger should know when i hook it up right? I got one of theese
DSC_0180.JPG

Yes, it should give you the current voltage for the batteries. Check them and if it is at storage voltage you are good, if not do a storage charge on them and they will be happy until you are ready to charge them.

Im hooking it up now... And looking in the manual and cant find anything about what order to do things... I think everything is as it should be now... Just the power chord left to hook up! Is this a good way to do it or should i reverse everything? ?
DSC_0181.JPG

So i started the storage charge and it just beep and said "end" so i guess its fine for storage... The manual sucks... Nothing in it... And it refers to symbols that doesn't exist..

Still waiting.. So i found this stuffed away in the basement.. My younger brother got this for christmas about 30yrs ago. Its dead. Gonna see if i can wake it up. And what else is an ironingboard good for anyways? ?
DSC_0191.JPG

And its alive.. Corrosion in the battercompartment.. Probably stood with leaking batteries sometime.. But first i desoldered the motor cuz i thought it was dead, it wasnt. But its on full thottle all the time, only trim for the steering on the radio. But there some pots on the circuitboard, maybe one of those... Have to google this.

Kind of works... Cleaned the throtthle pot in the radio. But i think i have to do something about it, it looks worn out...could i smear some copperpaste on it maybe?? When i give full throttle it kicks into reverse??? Hmm,

so i decided to go trough the setup procedure of the throttle of the Kraton...It went fine, have it up on a nice stand, took an old winebottlerack and put it to better use. well when the setup was done i just wanted to see if it worked.....and jesus, it worked. what a BEAST .... kind of got a afraid ... and I immediatly got wind in hair my from the tires....hahaha .... well I guess my shims arrive tomorrow, so when i get home in the afternoon i got my evening planned !!! And I have Wednesday off!! hoping for nice weather, clear but not to cold...

So... front diff shimmed and put back.. Centerdiff done so far its bleeding bubbles for 15 mins more... Then only rear left... Time is running away so Will do that tomorrow, its already half past eleven and i want to get up early tomorrow..... Its all of a sudden really cold here.. -6C now.. Will be around zero tomorrow at noonish. Anything I should consider when taking tje first spin??
DSC_0204.JPG

Normally, batteries come charged at storage level. The batteries could take weeks or even months to arrive at your home. Since LiPo's don't have self discharge so you could just charge it fully.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back