Who’s selling what to get what???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I took a bath with that Volcano also, don't feel so bad. RedCat Never Again! I stripped it down and put in the trash. The only rig (if you can call it one) that I ever threw in the garbage. It was a gift from someone to my son. And got a second one for parts because Redcat had no parts support at the time. Cheaper to buy another for parts. Also was given the 1/18 Volcano. More like stupid money pits. In all good conscience, I could never even give it away to anyone. Let alone sell it.:LOL:

My son's birthday was mid may (10th) and at the time I couldn't get anything. He wanted a "real" RC truck. I got him a Haiboxing Rampage 1:18 for Christmas to see if he would get into it. He did. So I ordered the Redcat because it was the only thing in any reasonable price range that would arrive in time for his birthday. Turns out NOT. Thanks COVID. Luckily a few days after his birthday the LHS opened for curbside and they had an ECX Amp MT kit. Just what I wanted, so I picked it up thinking I'll return the Redcat. Of course.... that meant there were TWO trucks and we could run. I h ave 3 kids and they liked racing them so I kept it. Then I started breaking things. Then the receiver died... so I put a Dumbo in it. Then the ESC was acting up. So I put a cheap ESC and brushless motor in it. Put in a steel spur and pinion. Then aluminum hubs/carriers. Etc. Etc. It is like an old bomb with a fuze on it. The minute you put the battery in and turn it on the fuse is lit. I was going to give it to my kid's friend to run... but I can't do that to her dad. Well I could.... but I want to still be friends. :D

Anyone who asks me what they should start with now... Arrma Granite, no hesitation. Wish I'd done that. Ah well. Live and learn. And pay the bills.

I think I'm getting this bad boy ? it will be my first on road and 1/7 scale rig. If I do I might l look into setting it up for some rally, with some 17mm SC tyres and the handbrake upgrade ?

All that's left to buy after this for myself would be an EXB Outcast and a Mojave V2 ?

I don't do enough on-road to warrant the purchase. And I could care less about the handbrake. I run heavy center diff fluid in my Infraction and stopping the rear from spinning while the front continues sounds like a recipe for disaster.

I don't do enough on-road to warrant the purchase. And I could care less about the handbrake. I run heavy center diff fluid in my Infraction and stopping the rear from spinning while the front continues sounds like a recipe for disaster.
I think its to initiate drifting idk we need to see it in action first

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back