Big Rock who can talk me out of the tenacity MT? big rock?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found the Terremoto-10 V2 to be a really nice truck. The only upgrades that it really could use is the center diff and a T-Bone skid plate. It's a larger size than most 1/10 scale monster trucks and handles really well. Probably the only weak point is the steering setup which has some play. Upgrading the steering servo will put the steering on par with the other monster trucks on the market.

Brian
Thats the biggest problem with Redcat though. For every owner who likes them, there is another who doesn't, which just points to their lack of quality control, among other things. Personally, after seeing the Terremoto in store today, as well as the Camo TT, i wasnt too impressed, and, for the price, it isnt worth it, not when you can get a Granite or Senton BLX for the same price, and, the Senton 6S is only a few dollars more than the 1/8th scale version. If you scroll up a bit, there was a bit of a discussion about them between Megasty and I.

The Senton is world's ahead of the redcat blackout. The blackout is shorter and not as wide. It is slower on the track for sure.

Don't buy cheap and don't buy twice. I got 2 brushed blackouts for me and my son, Senton was too much. The blackout broke almost every time we went out. After I got better at driving it did ok, but my son broke something every time.

With a goolrc, 3660 3800kv motor it was breaking drive train components. Granted on max punch it would flip itself over, but I had to turn it down. Chipped a diff tooth, sheared pins in the center drive shaft and CONSTANTLY ate the front left pin in the cvd joint. The body is super flimsy add got busted up fast, pins pulling through or posts pushing through even with shoe goo.

I could go on... Gave my redcat to my dad, running around his yard it should be ok. Got myself a 3s Senton, and an eBay deal on a brushless mega. They have been great so far. Only broke bumpers, and t-bone warranty's them ?.

Steering is sloppy, but on The track as a novice it seemed fine. Good power on 2s, enough to pull some wheels on the carpet. Without running a brushless mega side by side with a 3s BLX I bet you barely notice.

I am a big fan of Arrma now.

The Senton is world's ahead of the redcat blackout. The blackout is shorter and not as wide. It is slower on the track for sure.
Most of Redcats stuff is smaller than the stated size. I have a Volcano EPX, and that body is about 2/3 the size of any of my true 1/10 SCT's. My neighbor has a Blackout, and ive fixed it almost every time he runs it. I picked up a few Redcat's at rummage sales, and the only two i still have are the Volcano, and an Exceed RC Madspeed drift car (Exceed, Redcat, and HSP are all basically the same). I have had a host of Redcat/Exceed stuff, as well as Losi, Associated, Arrma, and, TBH, most brands except Traxxas, and even though the initial purchase price is higher, it ends up being less overall because you don't have to replace as many parts. I have accidentally ran my Fury head on into a curb, and barely scratched the bumper, but, the Volcano, just letting the tires spin can throw parts. I am constantly trading, and buying, and selling, and i wont do any more Redcat/Exceed stuff, because i typically get stuck with it. Even my Iron Track (actually Force RC Warhawk), was more durable than the Terremoto i got rid of yesterday, and we only ran that for maybe 20 minutes. My personal collection is an Arrma fury, an Associated SC10 converted monster truck, a Force RC warhawk, and, soon to be added, another Senton (the first one i will have actually bought new), a DHK Raz-r (soon anyway), and, just to beat on and see how it works, im also getting a Hobby King buggy. All the other RC's i have are for my kids, and my nephews and nieces to beat on.

I just picked up a Tenacity MT and have a Granite 4x4 BLX. The Tenacity definitely has some stupid flaws but the more I use it the more I like what I see. It’s basically a race truck that they made a budget MT out of.

I'll give it a watch later. LHS asked me why not both... something I might have to do...

I'll give it a watch later. LHS asked me why not both... something I might have to do...

I gave the Tenacity MT a bash today on 2S. It's not a bad truck, has some flaws that need to be fixed (gear down, new body, fix the servo tape job) and it will probably overheat on 3S, but I like it. Survived some nasty crashes today.

Got the email today my host closes early so on the 22nd I'll have a ton of money hit my bank so I can probably spare 275 bucks...

Last edited:
I ended up going a totally different route than i planned. I got rid of all the junk vehicles, and anything i had already stripped, then I got a new Granite Mega, and a Quanam Vandal kit that i dropped a GoolRC setup in, and then picked up a used Blackout for $25 because the guy blew the servo and didnt want to fix it (im gonna use that for my really extreme stuff, because i don't care if that breaks and sits awhile), then took my hybrid monster Volcano/Tornado and put a 60A Hobbywing ESC and Racers Edge 3600KV motor in it, got a Force RC Outbreak for my wife to goof off with, and then got some much better tires for my Arrma Fury, then completely destroyed my Force RC warhawk after i dropped a GoolRC 3800KV 3660 and 60A ESC in, and went out and beat on in the snow when it was 22 degrees out, so, now im putting that motor and ESC in another Vandal i got for $30 (i didnt realize the Force RC stuff has been discontinued, and parts are already showing as not available, or i would have just fixed the Warhawk), then went and picked up a new Senton mega (i swear, i only went in the store to buy a few parts, and the Senton just jumped in my car, at least, thats the excuse i tried to give my wife), so now, my wife has officially declared that if i buy one more vehicle, im living with them in the shed. This is on top of 5 boats, and 4 quadcopters, so, ok, maybe i do have a tiny bit of an addiction. I messed with my brothers Tenacity MT, when it was 50 out, and didnt even get one battery through it before i broke it (blew two shocks and bent a dogbone), and it was only its third run. I ran the new Granite when it was 35 out, on a 2S lipo, and was jumping it hard off snowbanks, and haven't broke anything after 5 packs through it. The Vandal even seems better built than the Tenacity, but, i have only ran one 2S battery through it so far (it was 14 degrees out, so i wasnt out very long with it). We have 8 inches of snow on the ground, so i have been out as much as i can playing in the snow.

Well I seriously went to the hobby shop and already bought it but held off. I'm staying in an unknown area so I have to use Google to get everywhere and whether it wad washers I chose to eat, the title office, hardware store, etc... I literally ended up in the parking lot or across the street from the hobby shop 6 days in a row so I just finally went in and bought it. I love it except 3 minutes into the first pack landed upside down from an odd takeoff in the ice (3 week old frozen snow) and the body pretty much disintegrated... air temp was almost 50. I think im goingto just get this cheap stadium maxx body I found or maybe the HPI raptor body. Still overall happy with my purchase and horizon is talking with me about a replacement because I said while I understand it's a wear item that just seems a little ridiculous to be unusable before even 1 full pack and only 1 tumble.

I love it except 3 minutes into the first pack landed upside down from an odd takeoff in the ice (3 week old frozen snow) and the body pretty much disintegrated... air temp was almost 50. I think im goingto just get this cheap stadium maxx body I found or maybe the HPI raptor body. Still overall happy with my purchase and horizon is talking with me about a replacement because I said while I understand it's a wear item that just seems a little ridiculous to be unusable before even 1 full pack and only 1 tumble.
The Tenacity did that? I cracked the body on my new Granite less than 10 minutes out of the box, but, since it was only 23 degrees out, i didn't even bother contacting Horizon about it.

about the diffs are you looking brand new from a hobby shop or looking at EVERYTHING? because both inputs are had for 9 bucks with new bearings. then you can get complete diffs with new bearings for 17 a piece or I went with just the housings for 8.99 a piece and then just ordered the right screws from a different manufacturer and swapped internals. also I only have the HD input up from with the stock diff and the BLX in the rear. the ratios are SO close I haven't had a problem yet but I haven't really beat on it too much. I am going back to a 3660 and run 3s though because my setup now is just so heavy for a 1/10 sct I feel.

https://jennysrc.com/collections/ar...nput-bevel-gears-13t-bearings-senton-ar102666

https://jennysrc.com/collections/ar...ntial-front-rear-37t-senton-big-rock-ar102666
Im just curious, about the 4s system. I was thinking on changing my senton over to 4s, ive got most of every upgrade available for my truck and its 8.5lbs now, 4s would pull the weight a little better, what system did you put in your truck

You aren't talking about the ten MT are you? I haven't done a ton of research yet but have seen it mentioned the ten MT would break the chassis but this ones reinforced in the problem area. I did eat of one person's broken tenacity chassis but it wad followed by somebody's comment about their broken granite chassis. I'm looking for something to take over my Emaxx because I have all that RPM makes and now just break the chassis. Found a plate to put the trans on an aluminum t maxx chassis and I have one because I wanted to work on that later on. Maybe I'll rebuild it like that and see how it goes because it's a blast but I break it every time I go out.
FLM Chassis for the E Maxx no more broken chassis.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back