Who else has to bash in the snow?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I absolutely love winter so I am out in the snow as much as possible between SxS, sleds or trucks we wheel as much as we can so bashing an RC around just seems natural.

Last edited:
I just got mine so I cleaned it like crazy when I got home . I was afraid of something rusting but oh well. I had a good time. I was thinking of getting a outcast and using the granite for the back up.

I just got mine so I cleaned it like crazy when I got home . I was afraid of something rusting but oh well. I had a good time. I was thinking of getting a outcast and using the granite for the back up.
I hose down with compressed air and a thin coat of WD-40 and couldn't care less past that.
Most parts won't last long in the cold anyhow so why worry.

It was about 38 today and I had to go play with this thing. I found a semi dry spot at the skate park. All I broke is the wheelie bar.
I bash in the snow....... a lot. I cover the internals with either a store bought cover or some hosiery. Keeping the electronics clean an mostly dry is important. Before I run, I spray all the exposed moving parts with a quick blast of WD40 to help repel some of the moisture. When done, a quick rinse or drip dry, then another blast of WD. Plastics are definitely stressed in extreme cold, so expect damage.
20201227_154445.jpg
20201226_190514.jpg

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back