Outcast Who else is having trouble w/ battery terminals disconnecting?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Magnus_CA

Reaction score
Hi All,

I had my Outcast out on its first true jump session this weekend. The obstacle was a 5' tall dirt tabletop on a BMX course. I had my battery terminals disconnect two times. I can't remember if I landed cleanly or not but has anyone else had problems with them disconnecting? I think I might try securing them with painters tape next time out.

Hi All,

I had my Outcast out on its first true jump session this weekend. The obstacle was a 5' tall dirt tabletop on a BMX course. I had my battery terminals disconnect two times. I can't remember if I landed cleanly or not but has anyone else had problems with them disconnecting? I think I might try securing them with painters tape next time out.
My EC5 connectors are rather stiff to separate. My motor wires have pulled off before, solution for that was simply band them together with small strip of Velcro between motor and plastic retainer and then stuff them all into retainer together. Are you securing your battery cables under stock battery compartment straps?

Ours do too. Multiple times already. Usually When My son drives the thing far down the street too. I make him carry it back as punishment.

Mine did the first time I went to the skate park. A temporary solution is to stick a pick or something with a taper in the center of the male side connector just enough to flex them out a touch. After this mine have been staying together.

My battery doesn't disconnect, but my power switch decides to turn itself off constantly. Of course, I beat the living hell out of it. haha (It always happens on weird landings, and especially on long, drawn out cartwheels!

We had the power switch turn off a couple times too
Happens to me every time I use it, but I'm surprised it puts up with the abuse I put it through...so I accept those few times each run that I have to turn it back on. haha

Its crazy the beating these trucks take, and they just keep going...

Am curious as well, what alternatives to keep them from disconnecting.

Hi All,

Jam your 2.5 Allen key into the terminal. It spreads it a bit and makes it heaps tighter. Mine hasn't come out since. Works a treat !!!!
IMG_3454.JPG

I don't think this is an issue you can completely avoid. The force of jumping the truck very high will either disconnect the battery, or turn the truck off. The XT90's are great connectors IMO.

I don't think this is an issue you can completely avoid. The force of jumping the truck very high will either disconnect the battery, or turn the truck off. The XT90's are great connectors IMO.
Agree ! did you try spreading the connection ?
Very hard to pull apart after that !!

Maybe the XT90 wasn't good soldered or production failure...
We use them on Nero blue and Big Rock and also on other two Neros in the neighborhood. No issues with them.

Is anyone ziptieing the connector coming from the battery to something? I think at least in our case where we just use one battery and it has the other plug just flopping there that its causing the plug to come apart. I keep meaning to try that.

I just use the velcro battery strap over the XT90 connector to hold it in place,no problems here.
And the balance connector has it's own hold down so it doesn't get snagged on the drive shaft or something else.
CIMG3869.JPG

You don't have the jumper connector flopping around. I think that flopping Is causing the connectors to come out.

I actually usually wrap them in tape if I'm going to do any hard bashing. Especially if I'm running a single battery. Make sure the plug with the jumper plugged in is secure and not bouncing around.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back