Who else likes trains?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JT58

Very Active Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Mojave
  3. Notorious
  4. Talion
  5. Typhon TLR
  6. Vendetta
AF2B2AF8-FD13-4ADD-B1D2-E590D2EABBD0.jpeg
Love my O-scale Christmas setup but based on space and time it’s a choice between RC and having my N-scale stuff setup. Glad I can still break out the big trains once a year!

I've always wanted a train setup but never had the space. Closest I have is a Lego train that we set up during the holidays.
I always love the LEGO sections at train shows. I should add some to my collection.

I've loved trains since I was old enough to know what one was. lol. Grew up a block a block from a double set of tracks. Shook the whole house. Would rattle the glass panes loose in the frame. Not kidding. Drove our guests nuts but, we'd sleep right through it. Used to race over there when we heard one coming. The conductor would wave and blow the horn even longer. And there alway was a guy in the caboose. He'd wave too.

Growing up, dad built an N guage setup that slid under a twin bed. It was fun. But, my grandfather had an awesome setup in his basement. The ENTIRE basement. Even had sections that went across a pool table. Made to remove so you could play pool. Lol. We spent hours down there.

As an adult, I just don't have the room. If I did, there wouldn't be any money for RCs. Lol.

Very cool looking setup. Years ago living in Michigan, I worked by the Lionel world headquarters in chesterfield twp. Michigan. Back then they would give tours throughout the factory. Not sure if they still do today. MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Any coin was fun. Duplex nails were even better. Mini swords. Used to get them for about 2 cents. Sold them for 10 cents at school. Wrap them with a rubber band on your pencil and you had your own switchblade.

https://www.fleetfarm.com/detail/pr...Jrzo-Ea_ubVvEDETq6HUttoGXNg4nUlBoCdJEQAvD_BwE

Now days you wouldn't be allowed back in school and labeled a terrorist. It was just harmless fun.

Man, I never thought of nails, wish I would have known that way back when. 🤣

Back when I was a kid I had a HO scale Sante Fe model train set up, man I loved that thing. Buying accessories for that train set was the reason for my first ever hobby shop visit. Trains are super cool, but they just take up so much friggin space in the house. Anyway, very beautiful setup you have there OP!

View attachment 261771Love my O-scale Christmas setup but based on space and time it’s a choice between RC and having my N-scale stuff setup. Glad I can still break out the big trains once a year!
That looks like an awesome layout. What does the layout look like from above? What is the footprint of it, length & width?

My dad has a fairly large N gauge set up.
I know this is an old thread but in case anyone wanted to see it. He's still working on it well over 20 years after he started. I have no idea how any of this stuff works.

17030405775773430751565944031804.jpg
17030405989367797445024756495236.jpg
17030406143102010519980149438115.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back