Outcast Who has plans on getting on of the next 4s revisions? Was going to get another 6s, but might get the next Outcast 4s!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Custnam

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
Been thinking of what my next Arrma will be. Was going to get a V5 Typhon but I am now thinking of waiting for the next 4s revisions of either the Outcast 4s or Kraton 4s. Anyone else waiting on these? Im sure they will come with the Firma 120A SPMXSE1120 and Firma motor with the SLT3 system. What else do you think will be new? Better shocks hopefully. The old Horizon page says March 2021 but I remember reading somewhere it might even be later than that. If so Im sure it will be worth it.

I'm waiting to see what the changes may be, that will determine if I get one or not. Jason Dearden said on one of his latest interviews that they should drop around April thru June and are currently being tested.

Changes, radio for sure. Anything else just speculation. Center diff, probably not, Threaded alloy shocks, probably not, metal drivetrain, probably not. Wish all these changes would materialize, would be willing to pay more. There's competition in the 4S category, hope Arrma steps up.

I'm waiting to see what the changes may be, that will determine if I get one or not. Jason Dearden said on one of his latest interviews that they should drop around April thru June and are currently being tested.

Changes, radio for sure. Anything else just speculation. Center diff, probably not, Threaded alloy shocks, probably not, metal drivetrain, probably not. Wish all these changes would materialize, would be willing to pay more. There's competition in the 4S category, hope Arrma steps up.

Same here for me - wait and see...

I'm sure there will be no center diff - hopefully they can come up with a better method to keep the slipper from loosening though.

We'll probably get the alloy shock bodies (although not threaded), the metal input and crown gears and all the V3 3S upgrades (chassis, sealed bearings, etc.)

I'm hoping some surprises might be better A-Arms and CVDs or at least get rid of the current wheel nuts and go with 17mm hexes and nuts.

We'll also see what the price point is going to be. If it gets too far up there, I'll be building up another Tekno MT410

I thought the interview with the Arrma ceo mentioned that the Kraton 4S v2 (i know the ask is around the Outcast but the level of upgrade should be similar) would be “a massive upgrade”. Those were his words not mine. I don’t think new electronics alone would be considered massive.

Last edited:
I thought the interview with the Arrma ceo mentioned that the Kraton 4S v2 (i know the ask is around the Outcast but the level of unchanged should be similar) would be “a massive upgrade”. Those were his words not mine. I don’t think new electronics alone would be considered massive.
Yeah when he said that it peaked my interest, but didn't elaborate. Waiting to see what that means.

To me that means a new chassis. There’s not much you can do with the existing chassis other than bolt on new arms, new shocks and tires... which is what they already did with the V1.

Can't wait for the new revision of Keaton 4s
Hoping for new, proper metal drivetrain as the composite diffs are just a joke for 4s power.

As long as they do that and add proper slipper clutch on top of that, I'm going to have one without hesitation.

Good to know @razorrc going to have one. At least we can expect some really good review!

To me that means a new chassis. There’s not much you can do with the existing chassis other than bolt on new arms, new shocks and tires... which is what they already did with the V1.
Is it possible that he meant the total parts list would be way different? Maybe he meant a totally new design, but it could also have been new radio, ESC, motor, servo, tires, body, 17mm hexes, bumpers, etc.

I did a bit of research and I now believe them to be announced in June. The reason is that the AR390265 motor that comes in the 4s lineup shows as coming in June. Im guessing that the Spektrum ESC part # SPMXSE1120 will be used with the new motor. Would be nice if they came sooner. Either way I am looking at one.

http://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=ARA390265

The Arrma 4S revision I dream about:
- New plastic chassis based around the current 6S diffs
- Center differential
- Steel driveshafts
- SLT3 Tx w/ SR315 Rx
- Aluminum shocks

I can't wait to see which part of my dream makes it to production! ;) I think the Tx/Rx is pretty much a given and the aluminum shocks are highly likely to make it. We'll see for the rest... :)

The Arrma 4S revision I dream about:
- New plastic chassis based around the current 6S diffs
- Center differential
- Steel driveshafts
- SLT3 Tx w/ SR315 Rx
- Aluminum shocks

I can't wait to see which part of my dream makes it to production! ;) I think the Tx/Rx is pretty much a given and the aluminum shocks are highly likely to make it. We'll see for the rest... :)

The TX choice should be the DX3 as standard for everything. At least they can help themselves promote newbies etc to buy their batteries to be able to see the battery voltage on the TX.

The TX choice should be the DX3 as standard for everything. At least they can help themselves promote newbies etc to buy their batteries to be able to see the battery voltage on the TX.

True, but I am pretty sure they will come with the SLT3 in order to keep the price down. My understanding is that the cars with AVC come with the DX3 and the rest are getting the SLT3.

True, but I am pretty sure they will come with the SLT3 in order to keep the price down. My understanding is that the cars with AVC come with the DX3 and the rest are getting the SLT3.
I hear ya. The difference in MSRP between the 2 combos are $30. I would be willing to pay $15 /20 more than what it would normally cost to get the DX3 instead.

I contacted Horizon just by a slim chance they would have some more info on the updated 4s line up. They actually replied and unfortunately said this.

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us!
I apologize, sadly we currently do not have any information for the updated line up, as soon as we get the information we will be advertising it on the website.

Best Regards
Mike T
Sales Force
Product Support
lcB4_IqhMqdVarlRsl8uLelTbXMWqtq9gZsayqyjV9QI9ZhGpZkrX76a9Qqm6-XdhV86xpHTMTOUfxbE-eOYqoRadcg9hDHAS3F1VUJhXfzmp4JC67Kky11E_i4Z25nvvFAv4fOmKoQupX6_X060rZMrop1IFSUG7QO5Mcw44Nho69OzUXSK=s0-d-e1-ft

Oh well. It was worth a try!!

Metal ball joints would be a worthy upgrade. Some things other manufacturers do as standard. This Isn't really acceptable in any rc these days. They wear so quickly and in doing so can quite quickly ruin a cars handling.

I’m in for the 4s update. I’m guessing it will be a combo of 6s type parts like shocks and drive shafts and 3s parts like chassis and spur setup. Maybe they will go with the Arrma cvd shafts as stock. It will probably scalp sales from the big rock and 6s line so I’m sure they are not in a big hurry since the big rock sells out constantly.

I haven't drove my 4s yet. The parts better be upgrades to the old one

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back