Outcast Who has plans on getting on of the next 4s revisions? Was going to get another 6s, but might get the next Outcast 4s!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing more irritating than a slipper clutch starting to slip when you drive (when you thought you had set it perfectly right) and only getting traction when it gets warmer after a minute or two minutes. Must confess I started tightening that screw more than necessary on the 3s rigs. More like nearly totally tightening the slipper clutch. The spur gear holds up anyway.

Oh yea, I cant wait. the 6s' are a little too big for my liking. I suspect (and hope) the updated 4s will be the perfect "miniature" 6s rigs. Biggest upgrades for me would be:
Servo
Radio
Center diff (instead of slipper)
Metal Drive shafts (dog bones?)
17mm hubs
metal diffs and gearing in general
aluminum shock bodies
aluminum bell crank
a cool ass new body shell (I'm going to be majorly disappointed if the new rigs have the same bodies as the old line) I would love a 4s-sized Notorious body

Oh yea, I cant wait. the 6s' are a little too big for my liking. I suspect (and hope) the updated 4s will be the perfect "miniature" 6s rigs. Biggest upgrades for me would be:
Servo
Radio
Center diff (instead of slipper)
Metal Drive shafts (dog bones?)
17mm hubs
metal diffs and gearing in general
aluminum shock bodies
aluminum bell crank
a cool ass new body shell (I'm going to be majorly disappointed if the new rigs have the same bodies as the old line) I would love a 4s-sized Notorious body
4s notorious would be real nice!

Just give us all the above wish list, a scaled down 6S. SLT3 radio at a $499 MAP price.

I am waiting for a Outcast 4S and if it looks good enough I buy one.
I prefer a one battery car, and 4S is the sweet spot for me.

Maybe if they are redesigned and have aluminium chassis and towers otherwise just buy a 3s rig and put a 4s ESC and motor to have the same thing. They really need to get away from the composite chassis design already. Like no offense but WLtoys can produce rigs that are aluminum chassis, towers etc for less than half the price so it is obviously cost effective enough to do Arrma just needs to get with it. Especially with all the 3s chassis's I see snapped daily it's a dead end they need to redesign to aluminum period!

Maybe if they are redesigned and have aluminium chassis and towers otherwise just buy a 3s rig and put a 4s ESC and motor to have the same thing. They really need to get away from the composite chassis design already. Like no offense but WLtoys can produce rigs that are aluminum chassis, towers etc for less than half the price so it is obviously cost effective enough to do Arrma just needs to get with it. Especially with all the 3s chassis's I see snapped daily it's a dead end they need to redesign to aluminum period!
That would be nice but Id really be surprised if they did that. So many parts wouldn't be cross compatible any more. I think it'll be same chassis, maybe better shocks, new bodies, and Spektrum electronics.

That would be nice but Id really be surprised if they did that. So many parts wouldn't be cross compatible any more. I think it'll be same chassis, maybe better shocks, new bodies, and Spektrum electronics.
Ya which is a waste of money IMO just like the Voltage. And if they redesigned the 4s lineup all parts would be the same. Nothing to do with 3s lineup but make a new 4s lineup that like I said isn't just a 3s rig with 4s ESC and motor.

Ya which is a waste of money IMO just like the Voltage. And if they redesigned the 4s lineup all parts would be the same. Nothing to do with 3s lineup but make a new 4s lineup that like I said isn't just a 3s rig with 4s ESC and motor.
Either way we will know soon. I don't know everything about Arrmas updates, but from what I have seen has there ever been a full redesign between versions?

Either way we will know soon. I don't know everything about Arrmas updates, but from what I have seen has there ever been a full redesign between versions?
I couldn't say I know either. I guess if you look way back at like the Raider yes the 3s lineup was a total redesign 🤷 I'm just saying to me it's not worth it without that redesign. Will just be the same rigs with few changes that really don't benefit the overall durability but more so make it more electronically friendly with avc is about it.

I have a ton of 3s/4s parts now. So in that way it would be nice if some were still compatible.
And I agree there but I think just doing a aluminum chassis and towers you should still be able to keep a lot of the same parts such as arms, driveshafts, shocks, diffs etc etc. Depending on the design they could even still use the power module and slipper assembly as well. I know a lot of us want a center diff but my guess is they think being 3s and a lot less torque and power it's not needed. But I think it's more of the issue of the power module not being solid causing chewed spur gears and then the issue with debris inside etc.

And I agree there but I think just doing a aluminum chassis and towers you should still be able to keep a lot of the same parts such as arms, driveshafts, shocks, diffs etc etc. Depending on the design they could even still use the power module and slipper assembly as well. I know a lot of us want a center diff but my guess is they think being 3s and a lot less torque and power it's not needed. But I think it's more of the issue of the power module not being solid causing chewed spur gears and then the issue with debris inside etc.
Not having to deal with that slipper would be nice!

Not having to deal with that slipper would be nice!
Ya I mean don't get me wrong after I switched to the metal spur and put the slit in the chassis I've had no issues but I bash hard and that power module rocks good it's not planted at all. And sucks only fix is the M2C set for $70 but I think I'm going to have to get one with how I send my rig.

Here's what I'm hoping for (I don't really think we'll get all of it though:():
Center diff replacing slipper
All metal driveline (diffs, driveshafts, etc.)
Metal shock bodies (threaded or unthreaded 🤷‍♂️ )
Better Servo
SLT3 or DX3 radio
Plastic Chassis
RPM arms for pete's sake!!! Why can't they use them for stock?!?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back