Kraton who has tried multiple wing mounts and which is your favorite?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Absolutely agree that 3d-printed wing mount is the best. We are using TPU-filament for long parallel parts and PETG to attach them to rear shock mount. According to rule of engineering you must absorb damage by some of cheapest parts of constructions instead of resist it. The main task is to protect the most valuable parts. Flexing material does this work perfectly. TPU has an excellent ability to bending and unbending.
Exactly. Plus the parameters of the temp, direction its printed, layer height every can change how that part will absorb the impact. I have to print my mounts 30° above recommend temps because during testing under hard impact it would split on Layer lines.

Exactly. Plus the parameters of the temp, direction its printed, layer height every can change how that part will absorb the impact. I have to print my mounts 30° above recommend temps because during testing under hard impact it would split on Layer lines.
I think the better position on hot table for two flexible parts is to lay them flat. So you will have solid structure along parts and the quantity of layers will be less then in other printing positions. Besides, all the impact will cause to almost equal tension in all places of mount. By the way what kind of printer do you use? Has it a direct extruder? I myself have Anycubic Mega S and with Bowden tube there is a problem when printing with flexible filaments. Thank you for your answers.

Have to throw my hat in the ring too, have a k6s since march and have put 20 packs through it. Was on my 3rd replacement (1 stock and 2 rpm) and switched to @Lovestricken 3d printed one almost two weeks ago and it's taking my poopy landing skills like a champ. Would absolutely recommend, IMO it's the best option we have available to us right now without going the turnbuckles to rear bumper solution i've seen posted which I fear would just transfer the shock load to more sensitive areas.

I think the better position on hot table for two flexible parts is to lay them flat. So you will have solid structure along parts and the quantity of layers will be less then in other printing positions. Besides, all the impact will cause to almost equal tension in all places of mount. By the way what kind of printer do you use? Has it a direct extruder? I myself have Anycubic Mega S and with Bowden tube there is a problem when printing with flexible filaments. Thank you for your answers.
The winged mounts are printed on a dedicated Ender 3 V2 direct drive that little machine has been able to print anything I have thrown at it with slight modifications of course

Thanks. Never heard of it. A quick google search brings me to proto-pasta’s website but it seems they offer many types. Is that the right place?
Negative I was being sarcastic lol I will inbox ya

Negative I was being sarcastic lol I will inbox ya
Lol
1623368081175.jpeg

I have a Typhon but just put the Kraton hot racing long wing mount. I used the stock end plates. I just left the track so it’s got all that wonderful orange clay on it

092C086F-3B64-4EFE-9D36-BEEAB4A4EA12.jpeg

Was running it about a year with only 3 blades because Senton towers were not big enough ( they are designed for Kraton towers. ) worked great.
Than running it with 4 plates like it was designed this season until I lost Franky ( my Frankenstein build almost fully m2c ) in the river and didnt find him anymore!! RIP.

Was running it about a year with only 3 blades because Senton towers were not big enough ( they are designed for Kraton towers. ) worked great.
Than running it with 4 plates like it was designed this season until I lost Franky ( my Frankenstein build almost fully m2c ) in the river and didnt find him anymore!! RIP.
Oh! It should be a great grief especially when m2c parts were mounted on it. Recently we had the same situation and search spent about one and a half hour but fortunately with happy end.

Everything will be out. First thing in the morning 👍 Thank you
I should have asked before ordering but, I use M4 screws to mount the wing mounts to the back of the tower, is this going to be an issue?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back