Kraton who has tried multiple wing mounts and which is your favorite?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So far I've only tried rpm wing mounts after the stock one busted and they seem to hold up fairly well, I suppose. But I'm going on my third one now and I'm just wondering if I should try a different brand.

The rpm ones get real bendy until they eventually snap. They should make em twice as thick 😆
They do break often. Have you tried leaving the wing screws just a little loose. Not so loose they back out. Just not cranked down as tight as possible. That seems to help. May help you.

RPM are the only way to go. They hold up the best because the are a little more flexible. Stay away from aluminum mounts. Good idea to have always have a spare on hand as well.

My vote is RPM, they are cheap so get 2x. And they have a lifetime warranty so when one breaks, send it in for a replacement and put the 2nd one on. By the time you break the 2nd, hopefully you'll have the first one back. 😉

I’m also running the Arrma HD one after breaking lots of the regular oem. No probs so far.

Rpm warranty isn't all it's cracked up to be. You have to pay for shipping to and from so you are better off sending in a box of broken parts. Some people have luck with the rpm ones but if you push your rigs at all they will break almost as often as the stock ones. I have broken dozens of rpm sets just from landing from high heights. Little bonus the ones I make are cheaper and also come with goodies 👍

I use with the stock Arrma mounts. There soft and cheap. Mine are bent and out of shape but not broken(yet). Not sure why people would use harder mounts. Just end up breaking other components instead.

I agree that the part of the wing mount that extends out the back of the car needs to be flexible, but there’s one part that probably shouldn’t, unless I’m mistaken. The rear chassis brace gets it’s strength from the wing mount being attached to the gearbox case with rigid plastic. It just seems like that rear chassis brace is fairly useless if the top mount flexes and moves. I’ve got the exb braces and radical rc bash bar, those two have never let me down, even through some pretty nasty landings. I’m not sure I’d want to risk changing that

I agree that the part of the wing mount that extends out the back of the car needs to be flexible, but there’s one part that probably shouldn’t, unless I’m mistaken. The rear chassis brace gets it’s strength from the wing mount being attached to the gearbox case with rigid plastic. It just seems like that rear chassis brace is fairly useless if the top mount flexes and moves. I’ve got the exb braces and radical rc bash bar, those two have never let me down, even through some pretty nasty landings. I’m not sure I’d want to risk changing that
The wing was designed to to give in certain spots. It isn't just a replica of the stock. Certain areas are reinforced, others are made to give on impact and its printed in a manner so it is tough where it needs it and gives to absorb impact where it doesn't. Until you have one assembled then you will understand the physics of it. But I completely get where you are coming from and I assure you it isn't as noodle like as you think lol.

The wing was designed to to give in certain spots. It isn't just a replica of the stock. Certain areas are reinforced, others are made to give on impact and its printed in a manner so it is tough where it needs it and gives to absorb impact where it doesn't. Until you have one assembled then you will understand the physics of it. But I completely get where you are coming from and I assure you it isn't as noodle like as you think lol.
Thanks for clearing that up. I’ve bookmarked your store and will probably give it a go once they’re back in stock, or when my current hd one breaks. The concept does intrigue me and I’d like to see one in person. I have to admit that the exb bumper support looks even more enticing, I bought an exb bumper before hearing that the mount tends to destroy the bulkhead on bad landings, ended up with an rpm one which is good, although it will either break or wear through underneath. That support would allow me to use the exb one instead of wasting it😁

Thanks for clearing that up. I’ve bookmarked your store and will probably give it a go once they’re back in stock, or when my current hd one breaks. The concept does intrigue me and I’d like to see one in person. I have to admit that the exb bumper support looks even more enticing, I bought an exb bumper before hearing that the mount tends to destroy the bulkhead on bad landings, ended up with an rpm one which is good, although it will either break or wear through underneath. That support would allow me to use the exb one instead of wasting it😁
I have been rocking my rpm bumper for a long time. Has held up great honestly. But if you decide to go the EXB route I will be here lol.

I have been rocking my rpm bumper for a long time. Has held up great honestly. But if you decide to go the EXB route I will be here lol.
Rpm bumper is definitely the way to go, I have no idea how they survive some of the nosedives I’ve stuck em with, it is starting to get thin on the underside from skate park bashing through the winter though😬. Also just don’t want to waste the exb one, it’s nice to try some alternatives from time to time

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back