Who knows about 2.2" beadlock wheels and Vanquish SLW hex hub extenders

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parcou

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Felony
  3. Fireteam
  4. Granite
  5. Infraction
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Talion EXB
  8. Typhon TLR
  9. Vorteks
This is for my Lasernut U4. I went with a set of 2.2" and not 2.2/3.0" previously posted. I got a set of SSD 2.2" non-Proline rims off Amain. They can use the Vanquish SLW hex extenders. I have read online to get the SLW 850 for the U4. I bought only one pack of each: 850, 725, and 600 to try. Pictured below is the 725 only I have tried.

Does not look like I need to go 850 unless I just want the extra wide stance, which I like on my rigs for sliding and less traction roll. I have to wait for April for the Axial tires to mount. My question I can turn in all 3 points: left/center/right and nothing touches even when I lift the suspension arm. For those who play with beadlock wheels, does this look about right?

Thx

1678435736489.png
1678435751685.png
1678435764214.png
1678435776751.png
1678435799713.png

I think that looks fine. I normally don't go with that large of an offset on my crawlers/rock racer: I use just enough hub length for the wheels to clear the suspension and nothing more. It's just my personal choice.

It looks good, but me personally I would have gone slightly narrower..👍🏼
Thx Boss!

I could be wrong, but my goal is to use my Lasernut like I do my Losi DB Pro. I have nice areas with low smooth dirt where I bash the DB Pro. With the DB Pro, I needed to go with PL SC beadlock tires and a set of Blockade tires for good bashing action...slip on those tires and save my more stock-like tires for the rougher stuff for traction...so I have two sets.

Pic below is the current Lasernut with SSD 2.2/3.0 rims and great Hyrax tires. They grip so good...too good for bashing and traction roll and I want more slide. They are narrow and same sizing as stock. Those will be for my visits to CA, OR to do the woods, breach, mountain crawling, and trails with my brothers.

On a daily here in the south nothing like that here so I bash. So those new SSDs in post #1 will take a new set of tires Axial and they have less grip and are perfect for the bashing I do. FB Lasernut group and a few others use the same or similar tire for slip for bashing. Those tires are hard to find with that size all others are 1.10mm in height and too low, so the Axial is perfect at 1.38mm stock is 1.46mm. SSD rim is really for a match to the tires since the tires only come as a 2.2.

All I want to do right now is dirt bash and work to get the right tire setup for that and switch when I need to do what the Lasernut was designed for out west with my brothers, who do crawl and U4-type stuff.

Thx Brother it is all new to me in this area I stay on the Lasernut FB group asking.... thanks for the advice Sir!

Current
1678472517634.png

Tires going on those Axials
1678472888592.png

I think that looks fine. I normally don't go with that large of an offset on my crawlers/rock racer: I use just enough hub length for the wheels to clear the suspension and nothing more. It's just my personal choice.
Thx my Man...

I have the SLW 600 and will try those, but it is damn close to the rear of the lower A-arm with 725. Let me try... I know the 425 will not work so no need to buy to test

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back