Infraction Who knows about motors? TP Power TP4050-CM 2310kv?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parcou

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Felony
  3. Fireteam
  4. Granite
  5. Infraction
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Talion EXB
  8. Typhon TLR
  9. Vorteks
So I am interested in a TP Power TP4050-CM 2310kv...

I am looking at this for the Infraction v1 which does have the Firma 150A ESC installed currently. Not something I plan to put in right now...but as I am feeling myself to add another level to the bash speeding fun. Would like to buy and have a spare motor ready tho.

I would keep it as 6S not going 8S and keep it on the 18T pinion. Rich Duperdash has this same setup running single 6S, 18T but with Firma 8S ESC....the rig was getting it....now I hall ass in the same way like him but he had a bit more ass on it for stock besides the motor change he did.

Current motor: BLX 4074 2050KV

I am green to motors....like to know from those who know motors and the bashers like the Infraction, what do you think about the TP Power TP4050-CM 2310kv motor?

Last edited:
I’m not a speedrunner, but afaik TP motors are good for speedrunning (mucho mucho power) but tend to get hot quickly. So for bashing not the best motor.
TP owners will probably chime in.

I’m not a speedrunner, but afaik TP motors are good for speedrunning (mucho mucho power) but tend to get hot quickly. So for bashing not the best motor.
TP owners will probably chime in.

Thanks....all feedback is good.... I am running the game-changer fans on motor and ESC currently...should help as I keep low temps now so did Rich

1630557778435.png

After reading some more threads here...another good option posted a few times like below would be to play with my gearing... Thinking my GC fans could still keep me at a decent level....hope:

posted:
18T pinion is good for 60-62mph
21T = 69-70mph
27t = 80-82 mph
35t = I am hitting 93mph with it

I think overall it would work well, especially with those fans on it.
In general people usually say that a regular TP motor vs a CM version the CM will run hotter and pull more amps.

The advantage of a CM motor is the ability to go very high rpm. If that is not needed you may want to consider a standard version in a similar KV.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back