Who likes typhons?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rcproponent

RCP
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
Just built some sort of hybrid I’m sure people have seen before....

86632690-2818-41BC-A844-A41B75FF2976.png

on the left is standard typhon with outcast wing, in the middle is a truggified typhon that has standard arms and kraton hubs n hexes and on the right is my newest creation... not even sure what to call it.

it’s got

Typhon body and mounts

Kraton towers and suspension including hubs and hexes

Mojave arms, turnbuckles and axles

I had the hardest time finding a combo that would still droop correctly and still have chassis slap. I really wanted to get the backflip LP’s to fit this platform but couldn’t get the chassis to bottom out and typhon shocks were too soft. Tried the Mojave shocks and it was just too springy. ??‍♂️

so, this is what I ended up with.
A9FEB27B-3ADA-4D49-B3C4-1ECE3816A530.jpeg
662A3F7D-2BB2-4845-A9D2-A6FDFDC73BD0.jpeg
524F58F2-349A-4FFB-B4B5-09AEE6634537.jpeg
E7CC6CEA-C348-43DF-850F-F691C93F7CA6.jpeg
CAC48F0F-D29B-4550-911E-3B720B27023E.jpeg
550DAFE4-83A9-48B9-A6E4-7E9BA9809146.jpeg
FD66BA8A-5606-4C0D-9036-B596375971A8.jpeg

Nice, which one is your favorite?

I am curious about the middle one with the Kraton hubs. Apart from pushing the wheels outward, are there other differences? Does it raise the chassis compared to the Typhon hubs? Also, do you think the middle version would work with Katars and still have chassis slap?

When I daydream about another 6S, I can't quite decide between a truggyfied Typhon or a Talion.

Nice, which one is your favorite?

I am curious about the middle one with the Kraton hubs. Apart from pushing the wheels outward, are there other differences? Does it raise the chassis compared to the Typhon hubs? Also, do you think the middle version would work with Katars and still have chassis slap?

When I daydream about another 6S, I can't quite decide between a truggyfied Typhon or a Talion.
I haven’t gotten to drive the newest one but for a minute or two. And the stock ones fun of course. I have gotten a lot of time in with my baby and that’s the middle one. As for the hubs, the just widen the stance a bit and also allow for the use of different style wheels and tires like the badlands mx28’s or the 2.8 trenchers like the one on the right. With the stock typhon hubs you cannot use those wheels, they rub on the hubs..

As for the 3.3 katars fitting and The chassis slapping yes, but it is not really a good idea to play with anything bigger than a 2.8 On stock typhon diffs. You’d want the spiral diffs out of the kraton/outcast/talion ????

The Typhon is my favorite, I have a couple you might say.
Nice work

I think the Kraton 4s shocks might be a good compromise as a middle ground between the stock typhon 6s shocks and the Mojave shocks.

Exactly! Few of mine are a bit dirty too. ??
I find that out of any of the RC trucks we have unless I am crawling the Typhons are what I jump to the most.

Interesting. I sort of bought my way into a variety of Typhons - an m2c'ed one, one with Outcast hubs and driveshafts and some hybrid bits and one I built using a Talion chassis, Kraton hubs/towers/arms/driveshafts and Typhon body/mounts (albeit the rear are stretched).

View attachment 108710
on the left is standard typhon with outcast wing, in the middle is a truggified typhon that has standard arms and kraton hubs n hexes and on the right is my newest creation... not even sure what to call it.

it’s got

Typhon body and mounts

I had the hardest time finding a combo that would still droop correctly and still have chassis slap. I really wanted to get the backflip LP’s to fit this platform but couldn’t get the chassis to bottom out and typhon shocks were too soft. Tried the Mojave shocks and it was just too springy. ??‍♂️

View attachment 108711View attachment 108712View attachment 108713View attachment 108714View attachment 108715View attachment 108716View attachment 108717
Nice Typhons! :love:I see that Ecoboost servo! That's what I'm running in my EXB. How do you like it?

I find that out of any of the RC trucks we have unless I am crawling the Typhons are what I jump to the most.
I asked my wife once, hey what’s my favorite Rc.. cause honestly it was kinda hard for me to pick one... she said your typhon. (At the time I had one, now I have 3) lol
Interesting. I sort of bought my way into a variety of Typhons - an m2c'ed one, one with Outcast hubs and driveshafts and some hybrid bits and one I built using a Talion chassis, Kraton hubs/towers/arms/driveshafts and Typhon body/mounts (albeit the rear are stretched).
I’d love to see those as well! We can make these thread the ode to typhon’s!
Nice Typhons! :love:I see that Ecoboost servo! That's what I'm running in my EXB. How do you like it?
I’ve only driven that one a few min, but the servo laughed with these 2.8s it’s a beast!

Very interested in hearing your thoughts on which one performs the best bash wise. I have the one on the left and middle currently but like the sounds of that third one on the right.?. It’s looks like fun . The pics are of my typhon sad they sit right now. I do enjoy mixing parts to create
F22BBF85-6D4F-4C7A-A6EA-35E8B734BF1E.jpeg
B5A0E66E-5764-41B3-83B9-E4202BA1B28B.jpeg

View attachment 108710

it’s got

Typhon body and mounts

View attachment 108711View attachment 108712View attachment 108713View attachment 108714View attachment 108715View attachment 108716View attachment 108717
So where are the BLPs? ???‍♂️??

Very interested in hearing your thoughts on which one performs the best bash wise. I have the one on the left and middle currently but like the sounds of that third one on the right.?. It’s looks like fun . The pics are of my typhon sad they sit right now. I do enjoy mixing parts to create View attachment 108766View attachment 108767
I like the drag truck !
Those are awesome!
So where are the BLPs? ???‍♂️??
No chassis slap :(

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back