Who likes typhons?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Full sized backflips fit an OC6S I guess you need Kraton arms too ??‍♂️
Yup, the Mojave arms is what the limiting factor is I think. But then when you put the outcast/kraton arms on it makes it an outcast with a Typhon body ?.. (not opposed to the idea ?)

I love my Typhon
It’s the most versatile Arrma out there IMO
AFD1CBB5-FAB4-40FA-8A1C-C7310207BE44.jpeg

One thing I'm still working out is using Kraton gears means I have 10/43 vs the 13/43 of the Typhon - for "psuedo" speed running, any recommendations for larger tires that work well - SRC Road Crushers? Maybe some 1/8 Truggy tires?

One thing I'm still working out is using Kraton gears means I have 10/43 vs the 13/43 of the Typhon - for "psuedo" speed running, any recommendations for larger tires that work well - SRC Road Crushers? Maybe some 1/8 Truggy tires?
If you’re speed running, go 15/42

If you’re speed running, go 15/42

I know that's the answer, but I'm being bull headed/stubborn and not wanting to get extra parts, lest it turn into another "oh look at how many spare parts I have, maybe I have enough to put together another car" session. :p

If I'm remembering correctly, the Talion is 10/43 as well, so maybe I can find some tires that works that will get me ~70-80MPH and be happy.

I know that's the answer, but I'm being bull headed/stubborn and not wanting to get extra parts, lest it turn into another "oh look at how many spare parts I have, maybe I have enough to put together another car" session. :p

If I'm remembering correctly, the Talion is 10/43 as well, so maybe I can find some tires that works that will get me ~70-80MPH and be happy.
You can go fast on the Kraton gearing even. I did 96mph with a fully stock motor and ESC. I did change the gears (limitless spool and 34t spur) and 37t pinion with belted GRP tires.

You should have no issues reaching the 70mph mark with the car as is by changing the gears. It wont run cool at those speeds and you will need belted tires like the SRC crushers or some proline belted tires. The factory Arrma copperheads and backflip lp's don't like to go past 60 to 65

If you want to go beyond 80mph then it becomes a street only vehicle and GRP tires are the answer.

I like typhons I’m hoping to get my hands on a 6s soon, I have two current , one is a Stock 3sBlx (red). The other is a mega (Green) The later running Blx drive train, 3674 size motor 2650kv Max8 Esc on 4s
I clocked 67mph out of my mega ???

8AFD9C0E-2C98-467B-BFC8-5D4CD770B6D9.jpeg

I like the drag truck !

Those are awesome!

No chassis slap :(
Hey there Reproponent.

I loved working on the Typhon 6sBLX V4. Actually, I started, (and completed), a pretty long thread about it, awhile back. You might want to check it out. The thread title is, TYPHON 6S BLX V4 MAXIMUM SPEED UPGRADE HELP. The car in my avatar photo is the completed project, (if there is such a thing). with one of its bodies.

Nice work on your Typhons!

Nice typhoons guys. I certainly love mine, especially this time of year when the grass and weeds at my spots are shorter. Mine is disguised as a 4s kraton...

View attachment 109297
That’s wicked... I love it.. what’d you use to mount the body? Not gonna lie, I’ve had a 4s kraton body laying around here ever since I first started building my first k6s and bought the wrong body ??... I’ve set it on multiple things thinking it would look cool. Reason I never did anything with the typhon is no front body mounts..

That’s wicked... I love it.. what’d you use to mount the body? Not gonna lie, I’ve had a 4s kraton body laying around here ever since I first started building my first k6s and bought the wrong body ??... I’ve set it on multiple things thinking it would look cool. Reason I never did anything with the typhon is no front body mounts..
I made some of my own mounts because I didn’t want to add holes. If you don’t mind adding holes I think modded Senton 6s mounts will work. They don’t completely match the typhon towers though. I used them for when I had a proline ford body on it. The wing k4s and the mount a talion 6s. I put a foam block under it so it sets just other the towers.

I made some of my own mounts because I didn’t want to add holes. If you don’t mind adding holes I think modded Senton 6s mounts will work. They don’t completely match the typhon towers though. I used them for when I had a proline ford body on it. The wing k4s and the mount a talion 6s. I put a foam block under it so it sets just other the towers.
Awesome, thanks man!

I love my Typhon
It’s the most versatile Arrma out there IMO
View attachment 108780
Nice rig (y) (y) I will go on a limb... and say that the Typhon 6S was the predecessor to the Lim.
Everyone started to mod and speed run the Typhon with great results.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back