Notorious Who loves fabricating stuff?‍♂️

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Always looking for quick and easy fixes, so here are my ideas that so far, all work out well. Custom rear arm mud guards in metal and plastic, super absorbing 6s front body mount system, Salomon/Arrma t2t brace, no-flex 3s chassis upgrade and the 6s wheelie bar immobilizer. All designed using the "I'm too cheap to fix it right" software by NJsoft. Guarantee that there's more, but it's early and I'm still trying to finish my first coffee.
How long has that chassis no-flex bracket held up? I tried similar a while back by epoxying in some plastic strips and it only held up one run. But that bought me some time for Ted to ship me a replacement.

How long has that chassis no-flex bracket held up? I tried similar a while back by epoxying in some plastic strips and it only held up one run. But that bought me some time for Ted to ship me a replacement.
I drilled two holes on each side, as the first attempt at epoxy didn't work out. I've used it a few times since I did the mod, and it's holding up well. I figure that at some point, the screw holes will be the new weak point, but I already have a new Jennys chassis waiting for if/when this custom fab job fails.

I drilled two holes on each side, as the first attempt at epoxy didn't work out. I've used it a few times since I did the mod, and it's holding up well. I figure that at some point, the screw holes will be the new weak point, but I already have a new Jennys chassis waiting for if/when this custom fab job fails.
I’ve been stocking up on chassis anytime I order anything else. They have been running low often lately. Makes me feel like I got my money’s worth with the full size box vs the padded envelopes ????

Im not exactly sure you would call this fabricating but I love (and have gotten good at) making things work that arent necessarily suppose to. I guess you would call it jury rigging. It all started with my first couple RC's back in the 80's. I had a Kyosho Ultima 2wd and a Tamiya Blackfoot (at different times) and was dirt poor. And of course there was no internet or local shop I could go to when something would break. All I had was an old Tower hobbies catalog but could rarely afford anything in it, and the manuals that came with the kits. I think once or twice I was able to order a part C.O.D. from Tower and would wait for ever for that brown truck to show up! So when I would break something I would usually have to make do with what I had, or could get locally at places like Ace hardware. After a lot of mistakes and trial and error I got pretty good at it. So now that Im a lot more experienced (and a lot older) Ive gotten to the point where I can pretty much make anything I need work even if it was designed to. And with a dremel, soldering iron, and electric screwdriver its become a lot easier. Oh what I would have done to have a dremel and an electric screwdriver as a kid. All I had was normal screwdrivers, allen wrenches, pliers, etc. Would have saved A TON of time, and wrist pain!

Im a fabricator by trade so i fabbed up this p e t chassis guard that works surprisingly well and then an ally version that works even better,just adds a little more weight.

Attachments

• 20191013_135641.jpg
    20191013_135641.jpg
    216.3 KB · Views: 52
  • 20191019_122026.jpg
    20191019_122026.jpg
    347.2 KB · Views: 48
  • 20191026_145801.jpg
    20191026_145801.jpg
    333.9 KB · Views: 50
Always looking for quick and easy fixes, so here are my ideas that so far, all work out well. Custom rear arm mud guards in metal and plastic, super absorbing 6s front body mount system, Salomon/Arrma t2t brace, no-flex 3s chassis upgrade and the 6s wheelie bar immobilizer. All designed using the "I'm too cheap to fix it right" software by NJsoft. Guarantee that there's more, but it's early and I'm still trying to finish my first coffee.
I made mud flaps out of cat litter containers before I got the RPM ones??. Ya do what you gotta do!

20191207_193209.jpg
20191207_193900.jpg
testing out these ace hardware nylon body mounts/tower stiffener. So far works great!!? .75 cents ea. and can get immediately. I will make them thumb screws with the next body. Just enough flex and way stronger. Also 3M cast material works great for reinforcing body and soft lipo packs.

Attachments

• 20191205_200208.jpg
    20191205_200208.jpg
    191.5 KB · Views: 35
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back