Senton Who Owns Both (Granite and Senton)?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bicketybam

Back from vacation!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Kraton 4s
  7. Mojave
  8. Notorious
  9. Talion
  10. Typhon 6s
I am curious as to who owns both the Mega Granite 4x4 and the Mega Senton 4x4. My first electric was the Granite which I converted to a brushless Castle 1410-3800Kv/Mamba X combo on 3s. I also upgraded the servo and put Pro-Line Trenchers on it. Not long after I bought the Senton. This was the first SCT I've ever owned. In fact, I didn't even know what a SCT was when I bought it. I just thought it looked cool. The Senton runs a SW4/1405-4600Kv Castle combo on 2s. No other upgrades. Both trucks run a custom dual slipper 32p spur and pinion (same gearing on both).

I have to say that I am extremely partial to the Granite. It is just so much more fun to drive. The Senton with its tiny tires just can't off-road like the Granite. I guess if I was running them around a dirt track I would appreciate the Senton more. Even on pavement, my Granite handles better. I seem to lose the back end of the Senton constantly.

For those that own both, which do you prefer? Am I making an unfair comparison due to the Granite having more upgrades (the Trenchers are fantastic tires)? On what kind of terrain would the Senton run best? I want to like it a lot more than I do.

No, not really. They each have a purpose. The Senton I run at a local track. There's a bunch of 1/10 SCT cars and it fits right in.

The Granite i put together for when we bash at the sand pit. I sometimes take the Typhon to that, but I haven't had a MT in a long time so it's fun to now have the Granite.

No, not really. They each have a purpose. The Senton I run at a local track. There's a bunch of 1/10 SCT cars and it fits right in.

The Granite i put together for when we bash at the sand pit. I sometimes take the Typhon to that, but I haven't had a MT in a long time so it's fun to now have the Granite.

That makes sense. Before the Granite my experience with RC was an HPI Savage X MT and a Team Losi Muggy that I modified to be less MT and more truggy. Both nitro and 1/8 scale. I took to the Granite right away because of how I use it (I don't race) and my familiarity with MT's. I'm having a hard time with the Senton. It doesn't do that well in the woods where I run my Granite. I have traction issues. What tires would you suggest? I have Trenchers on my Grantite and I love them. I assume they make SCT Trenchers in 1/10 scale? Would that be the 2.2's?

Until last week, the only options in 14mm were Speedtreads. Now, Duratrax has a whole lineup.

But i do recall you saying you switched to 12mm. Your options are wide open for an aggressive tread. Bigger tires will pose clearance issues with the body. Depends how much you want to hack the body.

I own both and have a couple threads about it. They really are designed for your preference. I like my senton on the track and my granite everywhere. I've swapped my granite tires to the senton sc tires and it's an all around beast. But at the end of the day I'm a racer. That being said, over time I have moved to senton only.

I am curious as to who owns both the Mega Granite 4x4 and the Mega Senton 4x4. My first electric was the Granite which I converted to a brushless Castle 1410-3800Kv/Mamba X combo on 3s. I also upgraded the servo and put Pro-Line Trenchers on it. Not long after I bought the Senton. This was the first SCT I've ever owned. In fact, I didn't even know what a SCT was when I bought it. I just thought it looked cool. The Senton runs a SW4/1405-4600Kv Castle combo on 2s. No other upgrades. Both trucks run a custom dual slipper 32p spur and pinion (same gearing on both).

I have to say that I am extremely partial to the Granite. It is just so much more fun to drive. The Senton with its tiny tires just can't off-road like the Granite. I guess if I was running them around a dirt track I would appreciate the Senton more. Even on pavement, my Granite handles better. I seem to lose the back end of the Senton constantly.

For those that own both, which do you prefer? Am I making an unfair comparison due to the Granite having more upgrades (the Trenchers are fantastic tires)? On what kind of terrain would the Senton run best? I want to like it a lot more than I do.
If you cut your senton body a little bit you can fit big rock tires on it and i think you will like your senton a lot more if you do that. I did that to my senton and it offroads wayyyyyy better. (see my profile pic)

If you cut your senton body a little bit you can fit big rock tires on it and i think you will like your senton a lot more if you do that. I did that to my senton and it offroads wayyyyyy better. (see my profile pic)
thread necro.jpg

Also Last seen Dec 22, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back