Who race their Fury/Mojave on a track?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Unusual RC

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fury
  2. Mojave
Not the first choice for a competition 1/10 2wd SCT, but I know some people race them on local off-road tracks.

Who is racing his Arrma? In which class, and what kind of mods, wheels, tires?

Not the first choice for a competition 1/10 2wd SCT, but I know some people race them on local off-road tracks.

Who is racing his Arrma? In which class, and what kind of mods, wheels, tires?

I race mine. Stock (17.5) . Traxxas front knuckles on it, Durango shocks all around. I am using the red aluminum shock tower braces on it. I'm using an Asscoiated ball diff that's been shimmed . As for tires I'm using whatever works at the track I'm at with Slash offset rims.

I race mine. Stock (17.5) . Traxxas front knuckles on it, Durango shocks all around. I am using the red aluminum shock tower braces on it. I'm using an Asscoiated ball diff that's been shimmed . As for tires I'm using whatever works at the track I'm at with Slash offset rims.

Please post pics and part numbers showing the specific upgrades you mention. I'm sure lots of people here would be interested in seeing them.

Welcome to the forum!

Indeed welcome to the forum!
As Walter ask, could you please show us some pictures of your ride?

And which Durango shocks you are using (buggy?).
Your car has some serious upgrades!

No problems with the width of the vehicle with the Slash offset tires (ROAR)?

Hey guys sorry I'm a little slow with the update, life things. I should have the parts list and I'll post it this weekend.

As far as the shocks they were from the desc10.
Supposedly the Slash offset is just a tad wide, but it fits under the body just fine and nobody cares.

tdrc0142_shocks.jpg

Indeed they look as they have the correct length. I am curious to learn about the real lengths of those shocks!

front.jpg

The shocks actually look like the ones in this pic. If you've ever seen the pic of the arrma hop ups from the toy fair from a couple of years ago they look exactly the same except for the red anodizing.

View attachment 374

The shocks actually look like the ones in this pic. If you've ever seen the pic of the arrma hop ups from the toy fair from a couple of years ago they look exactly the same except for the red anodizing.

Somebody over here mentioned that the Arrma aluminum shocks were indeed big bore Durango's, but shortened or limited in length.

But more likely now is indeed a 1 to 1 fit.
Even more strange why Arrma never brought them to the market then!?

Hey guys the parts I used are:
AR320162 Aluminum rear tower brace
AR330148 Aluminum front tower brace
AR320157 Aluminum front hinge brace
AR320157 Aluminum front hinge brace.jpg
AR320162 Aluminum rear tower brace.jpg AR330148 Aluminum front tower brace.jpg
I used the red motor plate and the red skid plate as well but those were just for bling.
20140219_110644.jpg
That's the Traxxas Aluminum steering knuckle, Needed it in a pinch when I was racing but it works great.
20140219_110721.jpg

I shimmed out the rear stub axel (Blue shim, its associated and coned, I actually thin that's what it was designed for), because a lot of people saying they were snapping dog bone, and based of the play I thought it was the stub axel catching on the rear arm, don't know if that was the case or not but I've never broken a dog bone since I've had the car
20140219_104329.jpg

I'm currently using the Mojave body, direct fit. The extra holes you see on the front are for when I run it on my Durango DESC210.
20140219_104400.jpg
20140219_104436.jpg

Pics with the Shocks on it(no limiters, although I probably should put some in).

The Associated Ball diff I use works the same as all the Blitz diff right-ups you see, I just used an Associated diff for parts convenience.

Now if I could just find some CVD's that fit I would be golden.

Hope this helps guys, Sorry if some of the pic a to large

I've had the car since it can out, so I don't really know what the current line-up comes with or doesn't as far as aluminum parts and turnbuckles, I'll leave that to you guys.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back