Typhon Who races their Typhon v5?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ajaxpowder

Reaction score
Gents,

I've been out of the hobby since 2016, Previously I was racing an Sworks S350Z BK1 EVO 2 Nitro car. However due to life being a female dog my work life balance shifted and I soon ran out of time to get to the track and race. I've decided that This will be the year I get back out to the track, I want a car that I can bash with after work with the boys and race on the weekend. I was wondering what modification people have done to these to make them a bit more competitive?

I Know the weak points out of the box are the tires, shock tune, & Servo All of which are easy enough for me to address. I have enough AKA Grid Irons and Scribbles to get me through a season or two, A shock rebuild is easy enough and I am sure I could transplant a steering servo without much issue. My real concern is the weight, the Typhon is heavy and I am wondering how best to drop some weight without losing too much durability.

I tried running my 6s typhon on track stock awhile back and I got chitted on by every damn rc out there 😂 stock gear/stock diffs didn't matter to heavy. Imo a eb48 2.0 or similar for track.
Gents,

I've been out of the hobby since 2016, Previously I was racing an Sworks S350Z BK1 EVO 2 Nitro car. However due to life being a female dog my work life balance shifted and I soon ran out of time to get to the track and race. I've decided that This will be the year I get back out to the track, I want a car that I can bash with after work with the boys and race on the weekend. I was wondering what modification people have done to these to make them a bit more competitive?

I Know the weak points out of the box are the tires, shock tune, & Servo All of which are easy enough for me to address. I have enough AKA Grid Irons and Scribbles to get me through a season or two, A shock rebuild is easy enough and I am sure I could transplant a steering servo without much issue. My real concern is the weight, the Typhon is heavy and I am wondering how best to drop some weight without losing too much durability.
Post the car....cutting weight maybe get carbon towers/ chassis and run grp tires all I can think of

It's not a good track buggy. I have both the Typhon and Team Corally Python and that one is much better suited to the track. It's more nimble, corners better, accelerates better, brakes better etc.

I'd look at getting the BasherQueen carbon fibre set for the Typhon to lighten it up and use the lightest 4S lipo you can find. There's not much else you can do outside of tyres, suspension and diff fluid tuning.

I tried running my 6s typhon on track stock awhile back and I got chitted on by every damn rc out there 😂 stock gear/stock diffs didn't matter to heavy. Imo a eb48 2.0 or similar for track.

Post the car....cutting weight maybe get carbon towers/ chassis and run grp tires all I can think of
I'll give it a go and see where I end up. If I end up getting competitive again I'll likely buy either a TLR or associated kit and go from there.

It's not a good track buggy. I have both the Typhon and Team Corally Python and that one is much better suited to the track. It's more nimble, corners better, accelerates better, brakes better etc.

I'd look at getting the BasherQueen carbon fibre set for the Typhon to lighten it up and use the lightest 4S lipo you can find. There's not much else you can do outside of tyres, suspension and diff fluid tuning.
I messed around on a few dirt tracks with my radix6 6s wasn't in the lead but wasn't in last and I was definitely getting to inside corners passing 6s typhons...definitely more aggressive...as you said, acceleration and breaks are incredible...completely stock..stock tires and wheels in the dirt and I throw hoons on it when I rip it down the street...dropped it down incredibly low and I'm getting 60-62mph on road...single 6s 5200mAh pack...stock gearing as well...💪🤙

I agree with the rest. The typhon is an amazingly fun versatile vehicle that can pretty much do whatever you want to with a couple switched out parts. But its definitely not the buggy for straight up racing on a track. Still, people love it cause they buy for versatility. On road, Off road, don't matter, it handles everything with mainly just tire swaps.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back