Who sells hobbystar?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pa_fullsend

Full send or no send ??
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Notorious
  4. Typhon 6s
I was going to buy a hobbystar 4092 1730kv motor today and they’re sold out on eBay and rc juice. Does anyone else sell them that might have some stock?? I know the leopard motor is like the same but I think it was M3 threaded mounting holes as opposed to M4 on the hobbystar that’s the only real reason I was looking for it over the leopard.

Amazon

4F44AE34-8281-4BE0-960E-10FB872EF264.png

The hobby star has both M3 and M4 holes in the can. Leopard might also. Many do. There are many other brand options out there if you are stuck on 1700kv. 4092. Check out Rocket by Himoto. FYI, alot of the motors are just rebranded too.

yeah I saw that but I want 1730kv. Thanks tho
The hobby star has both M3 and M4 holes in the can. Leopard might also. Many do. There are many other brand options out there if you are stuck on 1700kv. 4092. Check out Rocket by Himoto. FYI, alot of the motors are just rebranded too.

I think the leopard has all M3. From what I’ve found online I don’t have one so I can't say for sure but yeah I’m sure there’s only a few manufacturers that supply multiple companies. You have experience with rocket motors?

will 1750 work or 1800kv? It has to be exactly 1730KV??? and 4092 size only?? You have other brand options. Those KV numbers are rarely accurate anyway. Ballpark #'s is what they are. I test them on my motor analyzer and they usually fall short of spec. in most cases.
Himoto makes good motors in general. I don't have one. I prefer HW and Tekin motors. I would try a Rocket if I needed a cheap motor though.
Tacon is also good.

Last edited:
will 1750 work or 1800kv? It has to be exactly 1730KV??? and 4092 size only?? You have other brand options. Those KV numbers are rarely accurate anyway. Ballpark #'s is what they are. I test them on my motor analyzer and they usually fall short of spec. in most cases.
Himoto makes good motors in general. I don't have one. I prefer HW and Tekin motors. I would try a Rocket if I needed a cheap motor though.
Tacon is also good.

no I wouldn’t say it has to be 1730 exact. I just want to drop some kv and go longer can from what stock is. And yeah I don’t need a budget motor, I want decent quality. But can’t afford TP motors at the moment lol so somewhere in between

Last edited:
KV being the same on any two motors, the longer can has more torque than a shorter one of the two.

KV being the same on any two motors, the longer can has more torque than a shorter one of the two.

yeah some more torque is what I want and drop some kv to help with temps. I’ve heard such great things about the hobby star 1730 that’s why I was set on that but maybe I’ll try the leopard if the hobby star doesn’t come back in stock soon.

Usually the good stuff (hot items) everyone wants, goes on B/O fast. I relate.:cool:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back