Talion Who takes their Talion to the track ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JMS RC

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Nero
  6. Outcast 6s
  7. Talion
  8. Typhon 6s
  9. Typhon 3s
I actually bought my Talion V3 to race or practice at the track, well there aren't many tracks where I live and ones that exist are either far away or aren't open except on like special occasion and gatherings, I used to race many years ago, lived in sunny california and never had any problems finding a track, well since then a lot has changed including the cars. I have now found a track that I visited by chance a couple of weeks ago. This track is open 24/7. Had my Talion with me with half charged batteries, took a couple of laps, it was fun. This is exactly what the Talion was designed for, the track. My first Talion V3 has just been sitting on the shelf and the second I bought used I have kind been in war with myself with upgrades, just to keep it from breaking when bashing. A lot of the Talion threads on this forum is about upgrades, bigger tires and even bigger tires, larger pinions, dragracing, bashing, bullet proofing and breaking. I know there are some of you that races their Talion, one of them I do know of is @arrmaracing :)
Will bring my upgraded bashing Talion and my almost completely stock to the track. We'll see, I think the stock Talion will do just fine. Here's a pic from my visit, and yes it's a astro turf track, could be bigger could be bigger jumps but it is what is.
Track_resize.jpg

I actually bought my Talion V3 to race or practice at the track, well there aren't many tracks where I live and ones that exist are either far away or aren't open except on like special occasion and gatherings, I used to race many years ago, lived in sunny california and never had any problems finding a track, well since then a lot has changed including the cars. I have now found a track that I visited by chance a couple of weeks ago. This track is open 24/7. Had my Talion with me with half charged batteries, took a couple of laps, it was fun. This is exactly what the Talion was designed for, the track. My first Talion V3 has just been sitting on the shelf and the second I bought used I have kind been in war with myself with upgrades, just to keep it from breaking when bashing. A lot of the Talion threads on this forum is about upgrades, bigger tires and even bigger tires, larger pinions, dragracing, bashing, bullet proofing and breaking. I know there are some of you that races their Talion, one of them I do know of is @arrmaracing :)
Will bring my upgraded bashing Talion and my almost completely stock to the track. We'll see, I think the stock Talion will do just fine. Here's a pic from my visit, and yes it's a astro turf track, could be bigger could be bigger jumps but it is what is.
View attachment 20947
Thanks for the mention.

Would definitely good to know if there is any other arrma owners that race their arrma rc cars. I have the kraton and talion upgraded for racing. I was only meant to have the talion specced for racing but due to waiting on parts etc I ended having both of them for the race track. The kraton was meant for 6s race bashing like what vas do from aussie rc playground. I have tuned my kraton and talion like the dex8t setup for outdoor racing. Ever since changing the setup I find the kraton alot more driveable than the talion itself. I have made a few adjustments to the talion which made the handling better by changing the shock tower setup and the droop. However when I changed the oil from the stock 1k to 550cst it made it fish tail alot but it jumped alot better. I still need to run it as when i did run the talion i was running on 5s with a heavier lipo. So when i get better weather i will run it on 4s and see how the setup goes.

Let me know how your one goes and what setup your running. Its good you got different arrmas to do different things. I will use my outcast for big jumps etc.

Also heard that the Kraton can be a good at the track. About the stock fluid in the Talion, the Talion V3 uses 2000cst as stock. I did change to 1000cst in of them but didn't notice that much difference. Now it's warm outside so going back to stock. Still haven't been able to find longer springs for the front though.

The Talions are ready for the track.

IMG_0017arr.jpg

Also heard that the Kraton can be a good at the track. About the stock fluid in the Talion, the Talion V3 uses 2000cst as stock. I did change to 1000cst in of them but didn't notice that much difference. Now it's warm outside so going back to stock. Still haven't been able to find longer springs for the front though.

The Talions are ready for the track.

View attachment 20960
Yeah same. Im sticking to the springs for now. If you did change the springs i think you would need to change the shock tower if you do that to allow a longer spring. Any difference with the race and bash spec?

Yeah same. Im sticking to the springs for now. If you did change the springs i think you would need to change the shock tower if you do that to allow a longer spring. Any difference with the race and bash spec?

Well I need longer springs with the same stiffnes/weight. If you look at the picture the collars are screwed all the way down to maintain a good ride height.

The visit to the track went well, except for my chioce of tires. The Katar's did work OK though but a lot of grip, too much.
The almost stock Talion did really well.
Talionr.jpg

I put lower viscosity oil in the shocks because the local track is in a really bad state (but super fun since it's hard to predict who will win) and it handles much better, absorbs the irregularities without launching the car in the air, and keeps the tire in contact with the track.

Still a bit of trouble finding the right setup to avoid nosediving on that one jump, but maybe I'll manage eventually.

Well I need longer springs with the same stiffnes/weight. If you look at the picture the collars are screwed all the way down to maintain a good ride height.

The visit to the track went well, except for my chioce of tires. The Katar's did work OK though but a lot of grip, too much.
The almost stock Talion did really well.
View attachment 20976

Nice man thanks for the video. How did you record btw?

Seems like the talion is good for that track even the tires. Seems like no problems with sluding and you should be able to smash that track. I only want a longer shock setup as my kraton handles the jumps better than my talion. Where as my talion smashes flat surface tracks.

Nice man thanks for the video. How did you record btw?

Seems like the talion is good for that track even the tires. Seems like no problems with sluding and you should be able to smash that track. I only want a longer shock setup as my kraton handles the jumps better than my talion. Where as my talion smashes flat surface tracks.

I use a Gopro Session 5 attached with a clip to my baseballcap. Although the Talion handles, could use a little longer shocks too, this track
looks flatter in the video due to the angle of the camera and the astro turf. I do like the sleek body on the Talin though. Would be nice, maybe next year to try a Typhon on this track.

I use a Gopro Session 5 attached with a clip to my baseballcap. Although the Talion handles, could use a little longer shocks too, this track
looks flatter in the video due to the angle of the camera and the astro turf. I do like the sleek body on the Talin though. Would be nice, maybe next year to try a Typhon on this track.
Nice! yes i need to try that gro pro on my head. I attached my phone on my TX with velcro but didn't go to well. I need a go pro camera so it doesn't just focus on a tunnel visioned horizon.

You should get "rclaptimechecker" app to check you lap times. It would be good so you can see if any minor mods helps your lap time etc. I used it but didn't work for me because I didn't adjust the sensitivity.

You typhon would kick ass on the track.

I've been running my Talion V3 at a local outdoor clay track (for fun) since purchase early in the year. I had so much fun I picked up a Typhon V3 shortly after so my son could run there as well. I picked up some used track tires from a guy at the track and they performed much better than the stock tires.

The only changes are adding a little more suspension preload front/rear plus some adjustment to level it out in the air. I run a 16t pinion and 4S gensacearespammers 5000mah packs.

The only failures I've had:
1. pulled the threads out of an upper arm pillow ball mount from too many nose dives/crashes/etc.. after months of track running. Replaced them with RPM arms and dirtguards all around.
2. servo gears stripped out on Talion, servo motor died on Typhon; both are being replaced under warranty

I have some gopro footage from a race I ran that I may put up on youtube to share. They just changed to track layout for a big race this past weekend and its fantastic now. I ordered another set of track tires so I will have some additional footage soon.

I race with randos and drive the Talion v4 at the track all the time for fun. One thing that really helped tbh was to remove both sway bars. The track I go to is a city park track that's mostly maintained by volunteers so it can get quite beat up in the corners, especially the long fast ones. Taking the sway bars off really helped keep it stable hitting all the potholes. I actually like the way it changes the weight transfer as well. If the track is freshly groomed I usually put the back on. I also like having them off for bashing at the bmx track.

I joined the local race club here in Graz, Austria and they have a really awesome 1\8 race track. Most of them roll out with their nitro buggies, but my Talion V4 is already accepted. I added Louise T-Turbo tires, changed the shock position, and the Ackerman position of the steering arm. I broke already the stock servo, but it is running very nice out of stock already. I begin now to change the diff oils to a more race style setup. Gonna try 5k in front and 50k middle. We will see. I just wanna say, the tslion is doing really well on track. Next step vorteks on 1/10 track maybe
IMG_20210504_202239.jpg
IMG_20210504_195016.jpg
IMG_20210423_105756.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back